Kala Ta'Kan

*Hydra

Posted by *Hydra »

Basic Information
Name: Kala Ta'Kan
Aliases: -
Race: Human
Profession: Rumors says she's an enchanter, a scholar and also uses divine magic, she used to be a fiend hunter a few years back.
Languages: Unknown
Accent: Nothing remarkable, used to slightly roll her Rs, perfectly able to speak with a Hiver accent but rarely does.

Physical Information
Height: 1m75
Weight: 60kg
Body build: Wiry and agile.
Skin type: Smooth.
Hair style: Tight bun.
Scars: All over her back, covered by tattoos.
Tattoos: Different cabalistic tatoos, she rarely shows them though, except those visible on her face.
Colouring:
    [b]Hair:[/b] Raven Black. [b]Eyes:[/b] Formerly green, recently changed to Golden. [b]Skin:[/b] Dusky. [/li]
*Hydra

Posted by *Hydra »

Having begin mostly ignored by the faction high-ranked members. Kala who had spend countless weeks working in the forge, showed as result two Chakrams made out of Tantulor to a Factor.

The weapons where carefully designed and balanced, mostly designed for close combat. The blade made out of Tanthulor shined on the edge and was sharp, the rest was covered by topaz dust that coloured it deep blue. It powered and helped the lightning enchantment to sustain.

Kala looked the factor in the eyes then spoke.

- When I came here a few months ago, I believed that crafting myself would have been sufficient to understand. I wasn't ready yet, but within the forge I learned, and here is what I've made, a testimony of my own act of creation. Two weapons I made for myself, now I have to craft myself to prefect the art of using them.

Now she waited for any answer or appreciation.
*Agony_Aunt

Posted by *Agony_Aunt »

The person she addressed, a Factor, responds: Your crafting is a thing of beauty, perhaps a reflection of the beauty you found within, which will enable you to evolve in due time.

It shall be known within our faction that another potentiate has joined our ranks.

((Faction points can be grabbed from me or any DM in game))
*Hydra

Posted by *Hydra »

Kala nodded slowly, then simply asked.

- Thank you. Now that I have reached a certain understanding, I also would like to know if I could do perhaps more... I would really like to share the knowledge I've earned from the Source.

I have, also to talk to you about a project of mine. I'd seen our faction isn't represented well among the traders and crafter of the market even if we are the first providers of various wares in Sigil, only challenged by the Doomguard when it comes to weapons. I've offered one of the merchant organisation to join their rank to represent our faction and it's interest, but I would like to know what you do think about such an idea.
*Hydra

Posted by *Hydra »

((Consider this information as IC provided your character does a bit of digging in the Hive))

- Kala Ta'Kan ?... Yeah I remember the Ta'Kan sisters. Grew up in the hive, cared about each other all the time. The older : Shana, the dark said she found one of these "masters" then came back all preachy about Cuttbert somethin' and enlisted into the hardheads, quite a waste if ye ask me, but her choice, can't blame hive kids to wish better. Kala, that's another story, she stayed in the hive with us... nice girl, she worked at the infirmary for some time, divine magic, I think she was Cuttbert too or something else. Then she became quite diligent, wanted to help too much and got the attention of some bashers, she went out an evening and never came back to the infirmary no news, probably a deader now... Such a waste.
*Hydra

Posted by *Hydra »

wrote:Name : Kala Ta'Kan.
Introduced by : Factotum Maelfina Sixthfinger.
Proficiency : Martial arts, she presented herself as willing to perfect her body and her art of fighting, naming herself as a "fiend hunter". How good a fighter she may claim to be, Sixthfingers sent her to the foundry nevertheless, we'll see if she actually have the guts and the creative potential.
wrote:Report about namer Ta'Kan :

She's a promising element, though I've doubted of her she has proven to be hard working and determined. The first days you could see the pain in her eyes as she struggled with that hammer, she got wounded twice but she persevered, calm and obstinate, like a Githzerai.

What surprised me tough is how talented she is, normally people would take months if not years to be able to craft a proper dagger, but it took her a week and she never asked anyone for advice. When I asked her how she knew all of this, she just said she had no idea and that she had memories issues before joining. I guess she could have been a smith then, but that doesn't make sense, a smith wouldn't struggle as much and would have a body shaped for this. When I told her it was good and she could go explain to Maelfina what she had learned, she calmly agreed and told me she'll be back soon.
*Hydra

Posted by *Hydra »

The endless turmoil of the changing winds, spiralling endlessly, descending to caress the earth, yet barely touching it substance only to ascend towards the sky and the stars. There's always a will to transcend, it cannot be grounded for too long, ever moving it flows and rushes towards the horizon hoping to bring change in its path, but no tears would be shed should it fail, things always happen, and the winds always come back eventually. The trends, the ideas are more important than the actions of a few in a given place, or the whole picture would have changed aeons ago. Yet, things need to happen here and now, the conflict between the essence and the body still remains, a prison that can only be escaped by the transcendence of the self. Climbing the ladder again and again, no matter the failures, no matter the pain and the suffering caused by the pitiful attempt to bring down a monolith with the mere force of one's bare hands. The wind blows, an evidence, one that matters too little to make a difference. It has to bring fire, water or the promise of change in its wake for it to be a force to be reckoned.
*Hydra

Posted by *Hydra »

She had enjoyed the unexpected a victory against the old enemy then became a parent, enjoying the life of high ranking person while finding solace in the arms of someone else. Everything felt so smooth yet unfulfilled and incomplete. Deep inside Kala knew that the past was bound to come back, that soon enough she'd be reminded about who truly was behind the mask, behind the flesh and its fragile envelope. Wows taken at the eve of her time, renewed at the brink of defeat and death will be reminded.

One day, as she was meditating, she heard a distant call in her mind, a familiar and fiery presence pulled the strings he had attached around her, she had but no choice, nor any other desire but to comply.
*Hydra

Posted by *Hydra »

Seas of lavas, explosions of fire, the battles goes on. It could have been the moment of an existence and yet it was as meaningless as everything else in the grand scheme of things... Spells fuses, creatures are summoned, rays of negative and positive energy flow until she finally collapsed in the lava, her opponent gravely hurt and weakened limping away from the battlefield.

She tried to stop it, to make amend. Now her body was consumed by fire, magical protections collapsing rapidly. The only escape she found was to be fire itself, she saved what could be saved of her charred body. Her soul was still intact, fully aware of her own foolishness she'll have all the time in the multiverse to let it burn.