Arthur McRae

*JMarquis

Posted by *JMarquis »

*Arthur enters in the Great Foundry once again, that was his playground for too much. He studied all the blueprint, made test and experiment. But today he's here with another intent. Once located the Factotum, he get closer and ask*

Good Day.
I would like to join the Godsman. I've been told from one of you associated that I'm one of you without knowing it.
How does it works?

*And then wait for an answer, crossing his arms*
*Agony_Aunt

Posted by *Agony_Aunt »

If you wish to be one of us, then you must prove you are one of us. To achieve this, you must create something, your own special act of creation.

My name is Jamis, i can be your guide in this, but you must be the creator, and in creation, find your own path to godhood
*JMarquis

Posted by *JMarquis »

And this creation should be supervised by you? *asks politely*
I have already in mind what I will shape *nods*
When we can start? *grins*
*Agony_Aunt

Posted by *Agony_Aunt »

You may start whenever you are ready. I shall stand by should you need advice, or someone to pump the bellows while you forge, should it be needed
*JMarquis

Posted by *JMarquis »

*Arthur nods and starts to put all the material on a bench. From the mold Jamis would understand that he's going to forge a blade. A longsword.
He starts to heat the Forge, and in the meanwhile he build up the hilt with a cave pieces of metal. And engraves the pommel with the Godsman Faction Symbol.
When the Alchemical Silver is fused, Arthur starts to modify the mold.
The fused metal flows in the mold and starts to gain its shape. Along the edge of the sword, tiny hollows reveal that the blade is cave inside.
Between the Cross-guard and the grip, he puts a little gear valve.
Everything is set up now. And the Blade is completed.

At this point he starts to works on a studded leather Scabbard, with metal reinforcements engraved with Godsman Symbols.

He check the edge and dry his forehead from the sweat*

Here you go. A present from me to the Believers of the Source

*hands over the blade*

Obviously the cave grip can contain poison that slowly flows in the hollow blade, The gear between the guard and the grip can control the flow of the liquid.
*Agony_Aunt

Posted by *Agony_Aunt »

Hmmm, an interesting design, but no, it is yours, keep it. It is the effort you spent that shows the dedication to the forge. After all, life itself is a forge, it is the crucible in which we are made anew!

However, to progress in the ranks in our faction, you will have to evolve. Become all that you can be, and more!

Should you wish me to sponsor you for promotion, then it will take a great work to show me you are worthy. I have an associate who is requesting a set of full plate armour made from Aurorum, he desires its regenerative qualities, he is an old man, but an adventurous soul, and believes it will help him maintain his vigour despite his advanced years.

Bring me such as a gift for my associate, and I guarantee you a promotion. Bring me a lesser item and it may earn you some standing and respect within the faction, although I cannot guarantee you a promotion unless it is something rather special.

((So, yeah, basically its going to cost you a lot, but its a shortcut to Factotum which normally requires 30 faction points - thats a lot of faction based RP to get that. Your call ;) ))
*JMarquis

Posted by *JMarquis »

*Arthur nods at every sentence and in the end says*

I've already worked on a full plate made from Aurorum.

*Wipes his forehead with a clean rag*

Give me some time to acquire the Ingots of this Rare Metal, and your associate would have his armor. I need his measures before proceeding. Chest, waist, arms lenght, neck circumference, and so on...

*push the new crafted blade into his dimensional bag and starts to leave*

I'll let you now Jamis.

*makes a quickly waving motion with an hands and return into the bazaar*
*JMarquis

Posted by *JMarquis »

DAY 1

*Arthur returns in the Foundry after a couple of days*

Jamis, I need to take some measurements on your friend. This will let me to craft an armor that fits him, or are you willing to make him a secret present?
*JMarquis

Posted by *JMarquis »

DAY 1 - Part 2

*In the meanwhile, Arthur, starts to fire up the furnace, placing all the ingots of Aurorum and the string made of finest Winter Wolves Leather. He places everything in order. All the string are on the right. And the Ingots are on the left, aligned.
Diggin in a dimensional space of his multipouch belt, he pulls out a taylor meter, waiting for Jamis' friend*
*JMarquis

Posted by *JMarquis »

DAY 1 - Part 3

*Waiting for the man, Arthur, starts to looks around in the foundry, then pull out a parchment with some notes and nods*

Alright

*whispers to himself with a sigh.
The Godman starts to make some sketch on a piece of parchment. They seems like project of a contraption of some kind.
After a couple of hours of works, Arthur starts to works on the project to build a prototype*

This should works

*mutters, checking the first prototype model.*