Body And Mind

*Knolden

Posted by *Knolden »

Wullie looked around the room he had been assigned happy with the results. The beds had been removed from the unused sleeping quarters and mats had been placed on the floor.

The Myconid thought he would start with something simple today so he waited for his new students to arrive.

As they filed in and looked at him expectantly he folded his arms behind his back and looked at the gathering.
"Greetings ... I ... am ... Namer ... Wullie ... as ... some ... may ... know.... Factor Ta'Kan ... has ... let ... me ... know ... that ... a .. fair ... lot ... of ... you .. spend ... too ... much .. time ... at .... the ... forge ... so ... she .. assigned ... me ... this ... class ... to ... help ... you ... focus ... your .... body ... and ... minds ... on ... other .... matters".
He looked around again as the crowd started murmuring.
"I ... think ... we ... start ... simple .... today ... by ... teaching ... you ... proper ... meditation ... techniques.... everyone .... take ... a ... seat ... if .. you ... please. "
*Er_Nano_Infame

Posted by *Er_Nano_Infame »

(((if no em or dm post here i'll temporarily grab my em powers back to give some inputs from assorted npc namers. and regardless of that: ))

Even if she is a factotum, and even if she's by now practiced in meditation, Jall presents herself to the lesson, both to use the occasion to meditate more, perhaps gaining new advices from wullie, and to give the good example to other namers.
And perhaps because his meditation spores smell funny
*Hydra

Posted by *Hydra »

Kala simply stood in the back and observed in silence. One of the godsmen present, a large muscled man, raised an eyebrow and yelled

- Oi ? Wha' ? I'm already meditatin' when takin' a piss !

A few had a chuckled before he continued.

- Nah, jess messin' with ya lads. But... t'be honest wha should' I botha with meditatin' when I can work more, I'd prefer a good beer afta' werk fer my serenity hehe... so explain me why botha' with this ? We've already got the sing' songs of tha factol an' lectures stuff.
*Er_Nano_Infame

Posted by *Er_Nano_Infame »

Jall snerked softly at the man .

''I don't know your state of mind and spirit while you work, big fella, but assuming it is focused and calm, i can say that meditation would expand that inclination to a wider amount of time and array of activities. even pissing''
*Grins. She sat down on the mat, placign acup of water in front of herself, assuming the meditative position, breathing deep and steady*

*A few minutes passes and she starts talking*

''You will find yourself able to dwelve deeper in your self

able to control your emotions,

your body and its reactions

better,

clearing your thoughts,

able to feel

and perceive

the envinronment furtherly,

expanding your mind,

senses and awareness.

At higher levels you'll manage to merge

your consciousness

with the elements,

feeling like touching

that divine breath

that we seek, here.

Everything will feel like

falling

in its proper place,

flowing naturally and righteously.

you'll face life and its challenges differently,

Your capacities will evolve, gradually''

*she talked gradually deeper , mixing speech with the breaths as her consciousness sinked in, and then ''spread'', perceiving all in that room*

...oO(''until you become one with the source'')Oo...

*Was that last bit really spoken? Nonetheless, they may have heard it, unless their minds were that much narrow and closed*

*she looked to be still and silent now, only the heaving of her steady breathing perduring, until that too fades in the uncanny subtle activity of her body, mind and spirit*

*Knolden

Posted by *Knolden »

Wullie waited patiently until Jall had finished her mantra before turning to the big Godsman.

"As ... Factotum .. Jall ... so ... Eloquently .... said ... and ... demonstrated .... Meditation ... is ... another ... part ... of ... self .... improvement .... if ... you ... work .... at ... the ... forge ... all ... day ... and ... think ... that ... is ... enough ... you .... limit ... yourself... with ... narrow ... vision."

He stared at the big fellow for a moment.

"You ... may ... joke .... and ... may ... light ... of ... it ... as ... you ... will .... but ... arrogance ... and ... self .... assurance .... will .... serve ... you ... little."

Wullie brought his hands together in front of himself.

"As a ... wise ... man ... once ... said... to ... me ... the .... more ... you ... learn ... the ... more ... you ... realise ... how ... little ... you ... truly ... know ... so ... if ... you ... would ... kindly ... sit ... down ... we ... can ... start ... with ... this?"
*Hydra

Posted by *Hydra »

- Aye I'd give it a bash, mean a try heh.

The godsmen assembled waiting for further instruction from their teachers.
*Knolden

Posted by *Knolden »

Wullie nodded and sat down in a lotus position. "Very ... Well ... Now ... relax ... look ... inwards ... and .. clear .. your ... minds ... as .... best ... you ... can." He waited for the first step of his instructions to be followed.