A Long Overdue Project

*Tomekk

Posted by *Tomekk »

Just five minutes before peak, a Namer in earthen green strode into the Factors' section of the Great Foundry with the grace of nobility, stopping a foot short of Factor Kala Ta'kan's office. The raven-haired woman held a large, bound tome beneath one arm, and what appeared to be a giant horn hidden beneath fine cloth in the other, leaning against the wall as she patiently awaited her superior's arrival, politely nodding to anyone whom passed near her in the meanwhile.

"Breathe. Stay calm. Don't let everyone see how anxious you are."

She told herself quietly as she tried to control her breathing, memories of her past's military inspections and the nervous emotions surrounding such blanketing her mind. But all was broken when Factor Ta'kan arrived.

"Honorable Factor..." -she bowed gracefully, a more-than-polite smile the only indication of their good terms outside of the faction- "...I would like to present to you a year's worth of research and the fruits it has given us, if you have the time to hear me out, of course."
*Hydra

Posted by *Hydra »

Kala smiled brightly, before she looked around and offered a wink to the woman, probably aiming to destabilize her further.

"A year worth of research ? Of course I have time for this"

The Factor opened the door of her office and invited Ashalle to take a seat.
*Tomekk

Posted by *Tomekk »

The raven-haired woman blushed, gracefully stepping through the opened door and carefully placing her two items on the nearby desk, before she lowered herself into a chair.

"As you know, I've been putting together the last chapter of my Prime's history, mournfully scavenging through the crumbling remains of our once great cities to find the last pages ever written, to put together the final pieces of the puzzle of why my world died..."

She let out a heavy sigh, preparing for the grim tale as she closed her eyes.

"...I found out that the very bastards that tricked me into a century of pointless servitude were the very same ones that condemned my world to an eternal autumn. They masqueraded as our saviors, but wanted nothing else than the Tanar'ri did, only using a bit of cunning to require a fraction of the effort. Yandorra saw through this deception, and despite being severely weakened from keeping Orcus out of the Crystal Sphere, shielded the remaining souls from the Lower Planes by sealing the Sphere both figuratively and literally. That is why the ghosts still roamed the dead world even after two lifetimes."

She took a deep breath after the lengthy and painful paragraph, continuing.

"Seeing no reason to stay, Orcus pulled his death-breeding hordes back, whilst the Baatezu were even more enraged, cleansing all remaining life from the planet and leaving us fools to guard it from anyone wanting to expose the bounty that was left out of their grasp... and for a hundred years I didn't know why we were still there. Raging disappointments asides, the chapter I just summarized is written over the course of three-hundred pages, taking sources from what chronicles I could still find in a readable condition.... I don't know how much that is worth, but someone had to write it down."

Taking some time to herself, she stood up, motioning at the thick book's finished state as she uncovered the beautiful bone horn gilded with bronze and one of every rare gemstone one could imagine. The simple motion of rapidly pulling the fine cloth from above it sounded its yearning tone, which echoed through the room.

"Skipping recent events which we have both witnessed, the horn is still in our possession as an artifact of pure divine craftsmanship, and thus I believe it can still be used to find a trace of the Source at the very least."
*Hydra

Posted by *Hydra »

The Factor sat on her desk and listened intently, showing no trace of the familiarity she previously had, and slowly nodded as she listened to Ashalle, having known the horrors of the Baatezus herself. She then looked at the horn extending her hand to take it, her fingertips touching each of the stones.

"Divine artifacts, made by divine hands yes... Not a horn that should be blown carelessly. It is your heritage Ashalle you should perhaps explore it yourself, there a ways to divine harmonies I've been trying to research since a while, echoes carried by the winds. I'd like you to help me in this endeavor as well for as much we both shape steel we just know its empty matter without an inspiration coming from the Source...

As for the book, I'd like to read it myself a bit further. Its unfortunately a story that has occurred many times before and probably will, for all I know your world should stand as a testimony as the foolishness of giving all your hopes in greater powers, be they gods or fiends a lot of potential wasted, millions of lives..."
*Tomekk

Posted by *Tomekk »

The raven-haired woman assumed a neutral tone aswell; their meeting was one of factional business this time around, and she knew all too well that a judgement clouded by emotion is never a good one.

"You'll have to elaborate on those harmonies, my knowledge of such mystical phenomenae is limited at best.

I did not write about our latest endeavours on Syrna however. Those, I believe, should be for a different book, for it will be a new world should our task see completion..."
*Hydra

Posted by *Hydra »

Kala looked at Ashalle, leaning her head to the right

- You could simply call it "music of the source", dear Ashalle...

She smiled and raised, taking the horn.

- This horn could be a way to channel it, to serve certain purposes, but you've been awarded it, its your gift... your heritage. I cannot simply take it and re-purpose it for my needs, I think you could perhaps study it or perhaps shall we do it together ?