Stuff For Perilious Planehopping

*Er_Nano_Infame

Posted by *Er_Nano_Infame »

Jall, always her, who else, goes around the foundry asking if they have equipments to help survival in water and magma plane, or if existing ones can be -readapted for the purpose, like, those helmets used in the salt mines, to breath underwater.

If nothing comes up, she guesses she'll have a project at hand.
if an enchanter is needed she'll get one, not that those lack in their ranks
*MimiFearthegn

Posted by *MimiFearthegn »

Trumper "the Inventor" Bigglefoot - a gnome and namer of some years in the Foundry - hears of Jall's project and immediately presents himself. He is fascinated at the prospect of working on a mechanical device meant to extract air from water, and babbles on for at least an hour about the purity, compatibility, and extraction of elements from each other. His project sounds quite. . intense. And heavy. But on the bright side, he has a thorough theoretical grounding for it.

At some point during the conversation, fellow Factotum Alindra suggests that instead of all that bother, Rings of Water Breathing be commissioned. She makes the case that they're much simpler, and more elegant. Naturally, Trumper protests that such an endeavor is inferior, because its been done a great deal of times before, and that no perfection may be attained by "simple enchantment."

A debate about the ideals of the Godsmen as relates to mechanics vs. enchantments ensues.

A tiefling namer - by name Dagila - pipes up during a short interlude that she heard of these abyssal eels that could allow the consumer to breathe water for a time. Trumper and Factotum Alindra both promptly dismiss her.

*Hydra

Posted by *Hydra »

Kala simply inquired Jall for whom these masks where for and why.
*Er_Nano_Infame

Jall looks at kala

''Some of us,and with ''us'' i mean those who's been involved in menmur stuff, need to go to water and magma planes to stop cultists doing their shit - no not literally shit, albeit i suppose the magma plane would be a good place where to dump that ''

She looks back to the fellows '' i believe the quickier project to be realized is what we need. although, trumper, i'll assist in your project, or at least, encourage it, if it is as useful as it seem, and if you manage to optimize the thing to be handy and above all not volatile '' coughs abit

She looks at dagila with a disgusted look ''where did you hear of those eels anyway?''
*Hydra

Posted by *Hydra »

"You'll tell me about the details Jall... but if its about the Scrolls... Just make sure they pay once its over, we're not a charity" She then looked at everyone and no one in particular "Carry on" Then she left.
*MimiFearthegn

Er_Nano_Infame,Sep 14 2015 wrote: She looks back to the fellows '' i believe the quickier project to be realized is what we need. although, trumper, i'll assist in your project, or at least, encourage it, if it is as useful as it seem, and if you manage to optimize the thing to be handy and above all not volatile '' coughs abit

She looks at dagila with a disgusted look ''where did you hear of those eels anyway?''
Alindra looked quite smug at her presumed victory in the matter.

Dagila shrugs at Jall's question, and looks rather sheepish.
*Er_Nano_Infame

''if they pay it means they can keep the equipments. but what if i take them back once the journey is over?''

she looks to alindra '' i take it will be you to enchant such rings?''

turns to dagila ''nonetheless, obtain some of those eels, i am curious now''
*MimiFearthegn

Alindra nodded and got to work. About a week later, she had several water-breathing rings to show Jall.

Dagila made a face at Jall's request, and protested that that would mean going unsavory places. Did they really want to make deals with the Temple of the Abyss? Or a scurvy abyssal merchant in the Bazaar?
*Er_Nano_Infame

Jall inspects the rings, testing them as well.
If satisfying she thanks Alindra, repays her of the crafting costs and asks her if there's anything she may need or want herself. She'll also keep her in consideration for possible future requests.

She waves Dagila off, telling her she aint forced to deal with abyssal merchants. At worst, she thinks, she'll go look for such eels herself if her curiousity lasts.

When done she'll be writing a message to those she met in the foundry warning them the rings of weater breathing are ready. They may - borrow - them or - buy - them.

((how much crafting a water breathing ring costs?))