A Prepared Presentation of a Proposal for Promotion

Tingly

Posted by Tingly »

With the urgent war effort put to a close, the enthusiasm of the green slaad Blues Green remained. Many ideas swirled through the psyche of this namer of the Godsmen. With bigger plans in mind and what they'd felt were many accomplishments up to this point, they approached Factor Ombidias to speak, so soon as they got the chance. Feeling that the famously slow and deliberate Factor would let them finish their full presentation, they made sure all of their persuasion-helping gear on and began.

"O Factor! My Factor! Like the ore becomes the ingot, I have progressed in many ways o'er the conflict of late and no longer resemble the old me! I come to make fancy word talk of my doings, and explain why we come upon the hour that I must be made Factotum!"

While they spoke, they created some illusionary colored lights and used them to depict relevant scenes; of the many hours that the slaad spent tirelessly crafting many things, of the wounded they tended to on the field, and so on.

"I have made objectives and opportunities of our war with the Other Sigil; I saw the Bleak Cabal seeking volunteers to aid them in their medical pursuits, and took the chance to humble them while showing how The Believers the Source may support the city just as well, if not moreso! Over the months, I have made hundreds of kits of healing supplies and dispersed them to our healers! I have honed my craft of metals to create some of the finest surgical tools Sigil has yet seen! I have learned a dozen new alchemical recipes and used them to grant our medics the admixtures touch! In other words, I undertook massive orders of work, and in so doing, gave our healers what they needed to face their obstacles in the forge of existence! All of it bearing the mark of the Believers of the Source."

"I should add, I've done all of that with a distinct disadvantage. Despite asking for volunteers, at nearly every step of the way I had to contend with sneering Bleakers and prejudiced doctors who thought they didn't want my help. I pushed through that obstacle to do what I set out to do!"

"All the while, I have put my artistic passions to work! I have depicted the surly and impetuous Anarchists as the villains they are! I have extolled the virtues of our heroes through paint! I have encouraged others to become active participants in the history unfolding around us, and taken pen to paper to send my words to all corners of the city!"

They take a few moments to show off some of their paintings, extremely pleased about them, but they don't stop talking.

"And now, new opportunities abound. The Red Sigil has seen all sorts of destruction, and its peoples disillusionated! They are going to need builders and inspiration, and we can show them the path forward! I can find the artistic souls among them who have been suppressed by excess lawfulness. I can show them how to get through all of this calamity with most of their digits intact and roofs above their heads! And that's why I need the ability to name the best of them Namers! I need apprentices to help me spread my efforts to the four winds!"

They point a large thumb at themselves, and croak deeply.

"Make me a Factotum, coach! I'm ready!"
mimifearthegn
Site Admin

Posted by mimifearthegn »

Factor Ombidias was indeed a very patient man, and he listened to the Slaad's presentation, occasionally nodding. At last, he rumbled:

"You have done well, Namer. You have poured your soul into your work. But there is a final task before you can be named a factotum. A test, that all Godsmen must go through, though it takes different forms for different persons. Since you are an artist, I will ask you to take up the pen. And since you wish to go to the mirror of Sigil, you will.

"Go to the Outlands of the Red Sigil, and draw us a map of their landmarks, their cities, and their portals."
Tingly

Posted by Tingly »

The slaad is extremely flattered at the desire for them to make art, whether that was the Factor's point or not. They enthusiastically thank the Factor and set about making preparations, expecting they'll need some certain help to get the job done.
Tingly

Posted by Tingly »

Seeming to have gained the support they deemed necessary, Blues Green looked to confirm a date in which their group would journey to the Other Sigil's Outlands.

(Mimi, Tkags, Red the Rogue, Viann; can we organize a time to do this? I'm probably available at pretty much any point, as long as I know it in advance.)
Viann

Posted by Viann »

Certainly not what he had expected to happen today, is what went through Rans mind, as he watched the slaad leave the Bazaar. To aid an artist to map a foreign outlands. Even at his most optimistic estimations, something like it would certainly have to take days, if not weeks... but he had not voiced such concerns. Nor had he particularly detailed how his duties might interrupt with plans of such a venture. For now, he maintained an open mind, and awaited to hear this slaads word for the summons to the journey.

((Late EU times work fine for me. Late US times, not quite. But Ran is definitely a non-crucial character in all this, so if rest of you find a better time to go with it, take it. ^_^ ))
Red the Rogue

Posted by Red the Rogue »

Even with the efforts going on, Sharon never really saw the other side much. Employed by Blues Green for her gatecrashing skills, the sorceress made note as to when she'd be available. She does know that, outside of the Blinks themselves, of one other portal that should be able to cross over in Glorium. Whether or not they still can remains to be seen. Although she had some concerns, she didn't voice them yet.

(( I should be available 2 PM - Midnight EDT (6 PM - 4 AM UTC) on most days, barring sudden plan changes on my end. ))
Sharon Raynsford - Experienced adventurer finding renewed purpose beyond her prime.
Lyanna Wayfarer - Traveler of worlds, cultural explorer, and experienced physician.
Tavia - Bardess, tale-teller, daring-doer.
Tkags

Posted by Tkags »

Bella had done her fair share of scouting on their side of the Outlands, but the other was far less explored. With Sigil's most famous Slaad artisan offering the job, Bella couldn't turn down the offer and was eager to put her wilderness expertise to good use once more. Of course most interaction on the otherside was done in their cities, but surely the wildlife and terrain on the otherside couldn't be too exotic?

((Available basically any time Tu-Wed at noon to midnight CDT (6am-6pm UTC) and noon to four on Mondays. Schedule will be changing soon to have Sundays off, but lose Wed.))
mimifearthegn
Site Admin

Posted by mimifearthegn »

((So I don't actually have a quest planned for this, but if you do want to do something, I will have availability after the 31st.))