Several Great Labours, Now Complete

astraeus

Posted by astraeus »

Those visiting the Foundry may notice a new display within its halls. The display itself is a volume of text etched onto sheets of brass, discussing several new or recent additions in and around Sigil.

The display itself is simply labeled: Grand Design

"Fellow godsmen and esteemed visitors, it not often that I report in much detail what creations I have worked on or brought wholly into existence. As surely as the cycles change, I now have the desire to complement a body of work I am open to share, and hope that by doing so others will be inspired to great acts of creation.

The creations I describe here would not have been possible without patronage given by Factor Xujja of the Sensates, who began these labours by entrusting me to enchant every stone of his Opal Palace to meticulous perfection. The end result being the structure of beauty many pass within the Lady's Ward.

The second project I name is the beautiful orphanage that now rests just beyond the portal in the Outlands. Factor Xujja is an architect who's skills suggest a background in arcane engineering. With the use of his blueprints I embedded his designs into a number of constructs, cutting down the amount of direction required to have them raise the building to the exact details.

Some may worry that the orphanage sits in a dangerous location outside the city proper. This is not so. Materials I have crafted the structure with are themselves enchanted, ensuring that no natural disaster will impact them. And stopping a number of supernatural worries as well. There is also the nearby fort, full of soldiers plus another defended place next to them that ensure an ever present watch is maintained. These children now have protections greater than many within the city."
Last edited by astraeus on Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
astraeus

Posted by astraeus »

"Of the third great work, I point all to the new Temple of Hermes. Here my influence is less, but within all the enchanted materials that went into its creation is my signature. This temple will not fall so easily should it find itself attacked again. Those inside can take comfort in the strength of its pillars, its walls and its very foundation."
Last edited by astraeus on Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
astraeus

Posted by astraeus »

"My fourth great work started by accident, and leads directly to the existence of my fifth. Reincarnation is a path many of us among the Believers tread. I have taken on countless forms along my own progression, but a vexing problem has always been what wisdom is lost in the changing of form to a new being.

To stave off this loss I created a library's worth of journals, but the process of keeping them organized, and safe from predation, created its own difficulties. So I put my enchanting skills to the test to create a master journal.

What I got.....is The Anybook.

As I have done with a few of my other creations I have shown folk, I have accidentally created another artifact. It cannot be duplicated. And I have tried a number of ways to destroy it, all of which have failed to leave even the tiniest of scratches upon it. It is as magnificent as it is dangerous, and for this reason my fifth great work is its defense.

The Anybook lives up to its name. By knowing the name of any other book and its author, The Anybook changes to become it. Diaries, Grimoires....anything known and written down, whether benign or malevolent, The Anybook can become that text allowing its reader to amass great power from written word.

The only limit this artifact has is the imagination and drive of its owner. If one truly understands that sentence, then you know why it must be locked away."
astraeus

Posted by astraeus »

"I come now to my fifth work, known as The Grand Orrery.

As one proceeds to the Outlands from its portal in Sigil, a tower now greets visitors just before they get to the orphanage or the fort. I have opened the first floor to guests, for those who wish to look out into the cosmos and see what Prime I currently have the Orrery directed towards.

The other levels are by invitation only, with level being a bit of a misnomer as there are no stairs within the tower. Or walls. Each level is its own plane of existence, separated by gates keyed to paradoxical extremes. And once again I have called on Factor Xujja, to test his architectural skill to their limits in helping me design an obscene matrix of overlapping defenses, as well as helping me devise the channels that draw immense power from the planes that focus at the point where The Anybook resides.

The tower is a work of art, and I am quite proud to show it off. The ability to use it to look into different planes and primes, while impressive on its own, is a side effect of how much energy the tower itself siphons and directs as fuel to The Anybook. Other uses for the surplus of power include enchanting spheres, allowing a resident to craft most magical goods within its infinite confines. There are no doubt many more uses I can put the vast reserves of power to work on, but for now I am content with its capabilities.

The Grand Orrery is indeed grand.

-Grey the Godsman"