Concerning Cooperation With The Mercykillers

*rapsam2003

Posted by *rapsam2003 »

Morthos forwards a letter to Factol Terrance, including his own note with the letter.
wrote:Factol,

Greetings! I have been interacting with Factor Dace of the Mercykillers, who has been actively working to fight the Raven Queen herself. May I speak to ye on this matter, at thy convenience? I know ye a busy man, so I wish not to waste thy time. I have attached a copy of Factor Dace's original letter with this note, to allow ye to consider his important question personally.
I would like to personally work with this Dace to fight that bitch of a fey the Raven Queen, as an Athar in this matter. I propose our faction cooperate formally with the Red Death in this instance, so as to fight against this Raven Queen's plans to become a goddess.

Sincerely,
Athaon Morthos
The copied letter says:
wrote:Athaon Morthos,

Although I am glad to hear of your eagerness to assist in Sigil's defense and response against this threat, I would request some confirmation on whether this is your personal support being pledged, or that of the Athar faction as a whole?

In any case, we are of course ready to coordinate with anyone willing and able to put a stop to any threats to our city. Do come by the Prison when possible, and I'll see that you are brought up to speed on the matter.

Justice Prevail,

Factor Dace Andor of the Mercykillers
((Note: Morthos sent letters also to the Harmonium (who rebuffed him after the Emergency Session vote) and the Signers (who never properly responded). ))
*pure_sin

Posted by *pure_sin »

*Upon hearing the news of the potential cooperation with the Mercykillers, Iym'zebey has a rather loud outburst with in the factions main hall.* " Support the Mercykillers, Are you kidding me? That group of no account misfits don't need anymore support. They already get away with murder, having both the Guv's and the lobsters in their pockets. Besides This Raven queen what concern is she of ours, she can't become a power be cause the powers don't exist. *She turns and storms out of the faction hall disgusted by the idea*
*rapsam2003

Posted by *rapsam2003 »

Morthos pinches the bridge of his nose.

"Why do certain Namers want to insist the Powers don't exist? Why would we bother fighting something that doesn't exist?!" The Cambion sighs loudly. "Are we called 'Defiers' because we defy beings which are fictional? I say no. And we must prove the Powers are merely lying, powerful mortals." The Athaon sighs again.
*pure_sin

Posted by *pure_sin »

*she looks back over her shoulder as she exits the hall * Because their not divinity , they are just powerful beings no more no less.
*rapsam2003

Posted by *rapsam2003 »

"Namer, that acknowledges their existence. Quit splitting hairs. And we all know the Powers are not Divine. Ye need not tell us..." He pinches the bridge of his nose, again, as she leaves. "Since when do Namers think it proper to tell the Athaons how to and whether to prevent the potential rise of another Power? Also, the Winter Fey attacks are clearly evidence enough that the Raven Queen is dangerous. Does the Namer Iym'zebey care not about the defense of Sigil? Mayhap the Namer needs more to do?!"

The Athaon smiles coldly. "I propose the Namer come with me and fight the Winter Fey, if she deems the threat so little! With thy permission, Factol?"

He bows politely towards the Factol. The Cambion waits with a genial smile, seeking to know what Factol Terrance thinks of this proposition.
*pure_sin

Posted by *pure_sin »

*upon hearing she has been "elected" to join in the fight against the Raven Queen with the Mercykillers in tow, she is none to pleased and mumbles to her self* " Let them destroy each other, ( the mercykillers and the raven queen) in the end it will be at least one less problem in the city. If they think i'm taking orders from a clueless Mercykiller, I think someone will be disappointed *even through her mumblings she prepares her gear *
*rapsam2003

Posted by *rapsam2003 »

Morthos looks displeased.

"Ye are very disrespectful, Namer!" The Cambion Athaon emphasizes her title, as a reminder.
"Come with me, Iym'zebey. Mayhap this experience will teach ye to have better respect and to truly understand what we do as Athar!"

He walks outside the Shattered Temple. Once outside, the Athaon stops and scowls. He looks straight at Iym'zebey and speaks in a stern voice, "There are times where active opposition to those seeking to become Powers is necessary. And there are times when the city of Sigil must be defended. Right now, both are true!"

Continuing on towards the Lower Ward, Morthos says in a less stern tone, "Let us meet the Mercykillers and mayhap illicit the Gray Vizier's aid. Our brother is under a geas, to aid the Triad, after the events where he was compelled by the goddess Eris. Oh, yes! Even we Athar must guard against the Powers!..."
*pure_sin

Posted by *pure_sin »

Oh yes, what a wonderful idea "Factotum" *the title spoken with sarcasim* lets enlist a convicted criminal to defend the city , one that has shown to be susceptible to the suggestion of the "powers" Another one of the Triad's great ideas. I am not opposed to the fight against the raven queen only the working with the Triad. They are arrogant, self righteous, and greedy. If your think for a moment that they will treat anyone out side their little group as an equal your are gravely mistaken, Not to mention when it is all said and done. The boasting of how amazing they are and how weak and terrible we are is going to happen. *she smirks* You might want to write that down , Factotum. So you remember I told you so.
*rapsam2003

Posted by *rapsam2003 »

The Athaon looks visibly angry.

"The Gray Vizier is our brother! He has done more to fight the Powers than a stripling like ye ever has! Ye talk of arrogance? Thy arrogance is apparent for all to see. Learn thy place, Namer!, " Morthos says a in cold tone. "And for one so arrogant, ye know so little of our ways, yet ye dare to lecture me? Preposterous...
The Factions all work together to defend Sigil. I like the Triad no more than ye, but we defend Sigil from the Powers. If we have to work with the Triad to do so, so be it. What I will write down is that Namer Iym'zebey needs to learn temperance."

Then, Morthos' face softens a bit, sighing. "Temper thy passion with knowledge, Namer. Thy passion is to thy credit, but we are not Xaosmen - to be overrun by our passions. And I also learned that lesson, by the by."
*pure_sin

Posted by *pure_sin »

The grey Vizer is not longer our "brother" he is now the puppet tool to the Triad. And , if i'm not mistaken You are the only one who supports the Vizer . I was under the impression he was renounced by the faction.