A Letter Addressed To The Factotums

*Neethanial

Posted by *Neethanial »

To whom it may concern,
Could you please explain to your fledgling member, Morthos, that his ramblings about gods oppression in Sigil not only looks very poorly upon your people, but also endangers the very foundation of the people's safety by way of skirting the line between what is acceptable in terms of public messages and what is taboo? There are no gods in Sigil. You know this. I know this. Anyone but a clueless knows this. To spout off about how this isn't the case, I fear, may invoke the attention of Her Serenity. The families of Sigil might not approve, not to mention the factions or the potentially unfortunate people who receive such messages.
Thank you

The letter is carefully written, but unsigned. It is "hand delivered" by way of it appearing on a factotum's desk just inside the temple.
*rapsam2003

Posted by *rapsam2003 »

Morthos walks into Hobard's office after hearing of this letter. He tells Hobard his response.

"Athaeon, I think this particular person is two things.
One, this person is too afraid to debate the worthiness of our beliefs and his or her beliefs in person. That might mean their belief is weak.
Two, this person wants to ignore what is there. Yes, there are no gods who dwell in Sigil itself, but there are temples to gods and followers of gods. Have ye ever heard of the 'ostrich'? It is a Prime bird that buries in head in the sand, which acts as a defense mechanism and ignores the danger. This person is like an ostrich. He or she wishes to pretend the issue doesn't exist. Such a person would do well to attend the sermons we give."
*DM-Stitch(es)

Posted by *DM-Stitch(es) »

* Hobard arched his brow in question*

"How did you came to hear about this letter in the first place, Namer?"

"In any event, I shall attend to this as I see fit. Your concerns are heard, but know your place. While your...enthusiasm to oppose the Gods is noted, you have to understand how the layers of Factions and their interactions with another work. Subtlety, is key. "

*Hobard peered at the letter in front of him*

"It is -highly- undesireable to invoke the attention of her Serenity. Unless you wish to be mazed or flayed. I suggest you apply the art of subtlety to your speech. That will be all, Namer ."
*rapsam2003

Posted by *rapsam2003 »

Morthos shrugs and speaks respectfully.
"I heard about it via one of the conversations, in which the letter was being loudly discussed, between two other Factotums. That said, I have not be overly harsh in my speech. You heard of my sermon. Never have I said, in public, that we should cast out the temples from Sigil. That would not accomplish our goals anyway, because it would turn all against us. I have sought to speak the truth to those who bring up the matter of the gods.
I have been studying the Athar orators of cycles past, and I have learned much of subtlety and bluntness from them. Comparing my own actions to their examples, I am neither overly-blunt nor overly-subtle. Of course, I do not say I am near their wisdom, but I have tried to emulate their examples in my own doings. Lady's grace."

Morthos bows slightly and leaves the library.
*DM-Stitch(es)

Posted by *DM-Stitch(es) »

" Namer!"

*Hobard spoke, rather sternly*

"I said that would be all. Not that you could leave."

*Stern gaze was offered to Morthos*

"I do not like being lied to, Morthos. Factotums know better than to speak out loud about these things. Consider this a warning -not- to poke your nose in matters that outrank you, Namer."

"Now you may go."

(( Kind reminder: Don't rp npc's that are tied to a faction! let the dm's handle that. :) ))
*rapsam2003

Posted by *rapsam2003 »

Morthos stops and respectfully listen to Hobard. When Hobard finishes, Morthos bows and walks out.

(( OOC: Morthos will never hesitate to defend his position. I do have a question, I'll send a PM.

Also, fair enough on the reminder. Thanks! ))