Researching The Atropus

*rapsam2003

Posted by *rapsam2003 »

((Continuation of The Dark Harbinger In The Sky. ))

The Athaon Morthos entered the Shattered Temple. The Cambion looked to be on a mission. He immediately began researching about a creature called "atropus". So determined to find something about this being, he no doubt annoyed and bullied several Namers in the process. Normally a very level-headed body, Morthos seemed grimly determined and in a bad mood.

"We Athar cannot afford to have a creature that goes around consuming Primes, wandering the 'verse at the behest of some foul Power! I need information..."
*Mander

Posted by *Mander »

"The World Born Dead serves no power. It is a starved mouth gaping unto the planes, devouring living energy to fill it's shell." The Gray Vizier would appear from behind a row of bookshelves, it's vessel looking worse for wear, pitted by acid burns.

"I will tell you what I know of this eldest being, though there is much I can only guess at of it's origins. It is said to be the source of the atropals. It's shell is as a small moon, covered in tar and cancerous growths. More than this is but speculation. Many worlds have fallen to it's hunger over aeons. Will you seek to stop it's feeding?
*rapsam2003

Posted by *rapsam2003 »

Morthos stops and considers this. Carefully but firmly, he replies in a neutral manner. "Nay, although I would know of it. I don't know such a being's feeding can be stopped. Do not some of the Eldest Beings even predate my own kind, the tanar'ri?!...Mayhap some of its power can be harnessed for the Defier's ends?"

He briskly tells a few Namers, whom he had bullied into helping, to redirect their search and seek further information about the Elder Evils.
*EM_Ghanadaur

Posted by *EM_Ghanadaur »

Not a whole lot of information on the Planetoid was offered for most of the elder evils was a mystery to most...however rumors would arise that a certain Lich, unlike the vizier has pertinent information regarding atropus.
*Pellease

Posted by *Pellease »

*She appears there beside him at a table. There was no sign of invisibility, none of the tricks of the shadow shapers, simply she wasn't there until she was. If pressed other patrons may confirm that she had scanned the room from the doorway and simply teleported beside him.

Her skin is a bright pink, appearing beneath a set of wool and leathers. Her face is covered by an ornate mask as the braided hair behind it shines a fluorescent violet and blue.

She takes a seat beside him and clears her throat.*

"I have come to find that you City folk tend to hate telepathy as much as primers. Or most of you at least." *She takes a deep breath as if settling herself.*

"We can converse like this or in your mind if you wish privacy. This here feels so barbaric, but either way I will have you hear my terms.

"First what I seek as you have offered to pay for information." *Her voice shifts amongst accents, at moments it is louder and melodic, at times somewhat whispered and husky. It is as if she has little practice speaking quietly in taverns and can not find the right balance.*

"Jink is nice as I no longer have access to the Company coffers, but useful items are better and powerful allies with stated intentions and goals are best yet.

"What I offer is this, the account of the dead world recently visited and saved by the adventuring team I was a part of. Only two of us went on both excursions.

"Secondly, an introduction to the Lich who has been studying Apothus from the ruined world. It was I who first invited him to come with us.

"And thirdly a rumor, something heard in the far distances of the planes from a madman who seemed to know. What say you?"

((OOC: I am willing to do this all online if you like.))