A Visit

*Er_Nano_Infame

Posted by *Er_Nano_Infame »

Jall walked to the ruined halls of the shattered temple, observing its rising above her, likely noticed by athar members already, thus simply expecting one of them to intercept her as she walked toward the gates, her embroidered turquoise , golden and burgundy robes fluttering lightly and giving her bit of a aeerie look even if the grimy air sticks to her tattoed skin.
*Krayt

Posted by *Krayt »

A man dressed in a long white caftan. A turban of the same colour adorns his head. Face bore a complexion lurrid yet it seemed to have faded into its pale yellow from a darker hue. Thick long hoary beard flowed down his countenance like a sprakly grey waterfall. Hidden behidn it she could glimse a broken symbol frozen into coating of glassteel. The charred peices looked like a exploding supernova each bit in motion from the center. He carried himself with the dignity of a clergyman and his spoken tone instilled the same feeling. Stressless, unjugemental, at peace.

"A lost soul searching for truth? A proclaimer of faith? One who wish to cleanse her shadows of doubt? Tell me who wanders into our house searching?"
*Er_Nano_Infame

jall halts , looking at the man with the look of who isn't too lost nor shows any pressing doubts. she bows lightly with an arm across her chest , speaking

''Salutations, I'm Jall of the godsmen. i'd like to visit the temple and perhaps converse about its history and your faction's philosophy with whom may guide me through its halls''
*Krayt

Posted by *Krayt »

The man replied in the same manner as Before without the slightest fluxation. He extended his hand to her bending down slightly without any indignation if she shook it he would then Place his hand at his forehead then his cheast and lastly kissing it.

"Salamh Jall of the godsmen. I am Ibn al Falakath. Before I can conceed to grant this request I must ask what your intentions are. Do you follow a deity perchance?"
*Er_Nano_Infame

she shrugged slightly ''loosely. let's say i respect the halfling phanteon, but i'm not exactly the follower type, even more so since my living in the cage''
*Krayt

Posted by *Krayt »

((Sorry had completly forgotten about this. Just poke me if it happens again Nano. ))

It was drawing closer to anti-peak as they spoke. Maany of the smaller factories in the lower ward had alredy fell silent. The illumination faded and the smog took a dark blusish hue as the shadows from the tall buildings expanded ans shrouded most of the cityscape. Scattered worksmen occationally walked past them in the distant streets. Some slumping over from exhaustion dragging themsleves to find a corner to sleep in others speedily trotted along eager to get home from their late shift.

"No longer a follower without a question. That is the first step towards enlightenment." He held his hand hovering over the back of her head as to usher her forward while the other gestured towards the enterance.

"Answers will be found as long as you have the questions and the courage to embrace them. Disbelief is the faith of the wise. Men nor gods can comprehend their own words or reasoning."
*Er_Nano_Infame

Jall nodded, following the athar's invitation past the gate. She walks calmly, focusing her thoughts on the conversation and what she may see through the halls of the temple.

''so tell me, Ibn, what is ''divinity'' in your opinion?''
*Krayt

Posted by *Krayt »

She was led across the vast terrace. The cobblestone and broken marble tiles was covered with moss. The brick walls once covered with luxerious materials was barely standing as it was partly collapsed in many sections. Razorwine slithered around it and nearly covered the stone structures from sight. Moist condensed and trickled from the spiky growth breaking the eerie silence. Broken Mighty pillars slanted as if readdy to topple over. As they walked under a archway a piece of it fell with a din behind them. The signs of disaster was everywhere one could feel it steep ones being that somthing ominous had traspired here in a distant past.

They passed several guards that regarded her with a daunting glare. Her guide spoke during their walk without the slightest hint of disdain however.

"Divinity does not spring from the gods. Many like myself can master the energy without prostrationg myself to a god. How is this possible? It is simple the gods are no more divine than you or me. They may syphon this power and distribute it through us. But they are not this energy. They need us but we do not need them. parasites without purpose so to speak."

It seemed more like a graveyard than a temple as they was standing admidst a gigantic ribcage reaching high. He halted just as they was to enter through the hallway leading them inside.

"Do you know whoms temple this use to be and what the domain of that deity were?"
*Er_Nano_Infame

she merely offered friendly smiles to the glaring athars

''if you say we can learn to master the same energy, then how much would we be different from the gods in the end? why wouldn't we need followers? or conversely, what having followers helps a god with, given your opinion about divinity? ''

*she looks around the ruins*

''yes i've heard whom this place belonged to, not so sure about its domain. it concerned portals, at least part of it?''
*Krayt

Posted by *Krayt »

Most of the guardsmen seemed bitter and recentful surely they had suffered greatly at what they came to blame the gods for.

The elderly man stroked his grey beared while he lowered his head in contemplation while they walked into the dark hallway brazer light flickered at the end but it was nearly complete dark where they wandered. These was the difficult questions.

"Wise is that resoning for we are no diffrent other than that they are pretenders to something they are not. Perhaps they were just like us once, until they found this power they now have. Like nobles they set themself up to govern and dominate."

There was a long silence but she could see that the conversation had taken a turn to the liking of the old man.

"You see it as the followers has a function like that in a machinery? I am of an another opinion, but not entirely different. They crave followers much like slavers for the sensation of ruling others. To control to feel important. They crave it because they are faulty with irrational needs just like us. Perhaps they simply cannot bear being alone."

"Do you know about the warlocks pacts? These magi are endowed powers becoming a channeler of that beings own power. I believe the gods have a reversed pact draning their followers of energy that they themselves use to grow in strenght."

"This temple stands as a monument to that gods can die. Once a god of portals recided here. The portals the is very much still here as you know. Is that not proof of that the power a deity claims he has the full control over is a lie? If the god was this power would not the potals be gone with it?"

He gestured towards the portal to the Astrals they just had passed.

"A graveyard of gods, yet all remains. Suns of primes, winds and seas all the same. Yet the gods are dead."