The Insightful Words, They Make You Cheery!

*Forsaken Dreamer

Posted by *Forsaken Dreamer »

*The Fiendling stepped into the lower ward, he was delightfully proud of himself. Looking about, he he'd stretch out and then open a tome in hand to read from. It was good mid cycle to begin, he thought to himself. He not been in Sigil a terribly long time, but his time here was comfortable, and he had joined the Athar. A group he felt his new beliefs resembled closely. Ordinarily he was no preacher, but this time was different. Running his fingers along the page, he began to read some of Tarragon's work.*

"It is said the powers above us, the gods, are the creators of the world, but is this true? Do any of us actually die, or are we tricked into believing we do, and for that matter, what is death if we still yet live? The Powers that be need our worship, we are their food and without us, they will die. Consider this now, we cage cattle - live stock - so that we have it ready to eat. Well, the gods do the same thing, when we perceive that we have died, a contingency brings us to the doorstep of the one worship. They drawl power from this, it is there for, and to those who believe in the gods, they are the gods cattle.

Tarragon has many interesting ideas on conspiracies that he believes the Gods have established for their own benefit. Now, those of "righteousness" might argue that the powers of good would never do this, but consider this - the wall of faithless is allowed by the "gods" of good. That means if you're a "good" person, and you do not believe? It does not matter, your soul will be pinned to the wall, and you will riot for it. Dieties are live stock owners, individuals with pristine power they used to manipulate their animals. There are good owners, and bad owners: The owners that take care of their animals, make sure they are healthy and well fed. Then there are the owners that abuse their property.

I encourage anyone who is interested in hearing more to read from Tarragon's works. There is much more too it, like the perception of death, dying to become undead. Tarragon states it is no different than become a werewolf, it is like a disease. It is a trick to believe you actually died, and that mortality doesn't really exist.

*Athiran goes about reading, and speaking of his works to anyone who'd listen, specially if they were Atharic too.*
*Er_Nano_Infame

Posted by *Er_Nano_Infame »

(((is athiran inside the shattered temple or outside as he does his lecture?))
*Forsaken Dreamer

((Outside :D ))
*Er_Nano_Infame

Posted by *Er_Nano_Infame »

when jall would step back out from the shattered temple from her previous talk and tour, she'd notice athiran ((or how the name was)) and linger there, listening, giving him a wave
*Forsaken Dreamer

Athiran had taken time off from his "preaching." He considered what it meant to be Athar, and the idea behind it for some time before coming to another realization. Once more, he made his way about the Shattered Temple, and up through the Lower Ward and speak of the Athar principles for those that would listen. First he would begin with how each person must decide to either live, or give up and die. Those that surrender are those that are truly weak, and those that stand fast are those that are strong. He'd encourage each person he'd "preach" to, to stand for what they believed in and then explained the Athar case. He'd begin by stating that belief itself was not wrong, but that beings of power abuse it. They use it as a means to grow their own power. He'd explain then that the only belief one can have is in what is tangible and what they all had the power to make happen if they fought for it. His ramblings about what strength was continued on each time, a means to build up anyone who'd listen so they'd feel special as well as to come to his point on the Gods. "Do not fear what is before you. Embrace it, and dominate it. We are strong who stand before the world and defy it. No gods, demons, devils, angels or what ever shall break those who fight and fight. Enjoy the beauty of existence you have the power to decide if you're an ant or a giant. In the end, it comes down to it. Do you lay down and die, or do you FIGHT!" He'd conclude that as what the Athar are. Refusing false hoods, defying a force trying to dominate them, and over all pursuit of self growth. At least that was how Athiran seen it - self empowering.
*Krayt

Posted by *Krayt »

A knight in black armour stood with his back turned to the crowd of Atharians. Hoary rime bloomed on his pitchblack metal suit. His mantle greyish blue by frost and frozen stiff unmoving before the breeze. His blade held with its point skywards icicles falling from the crossguard. In perfect stillness he stood as a guardian statue in his vigilant wake.

His voice rivibrated chillingly. Faint at first but it grew stronger as if awakening from deep slumber.

"Well the words that wert bespoken. Thou brother of the cause and crusade. Thy will be thine and thine alone atsake it and forver will be thine the tethers of a thrall true. The falsifers of faith misplaced, greedy gluttons wilt drink all that thou art and what will thou be given in return for yielding all that make thyself thee and all thou ever wert? Naught will they bestow on thee but what they reap later themselves the greedy gluttons. Deny them and grant thyself what they wouldst have of thee. List unto he that spake wiser thoughts and yield not."
*Forsaken Dreamer

Like the cold and sinister male that spoke prophetical like snaring words. Athiran also wore his armor, though his own was of flame like crimson. At his sides hung several blades and his hands seem to always rest on the hilts of the first two. The fiend blood smiled promisingly at the one that spoke so dreadfully after him.

Athiran however didn't hold any malice in his own voice. No, he spoke strongly and with a ferocity to it as if to entice.

"It is our duty to always grow stronger. It is our right to always persist relentlessly until the bitter end. We are only truly weak, and dead, when we give in and up. A pitiful start is what many is given, but it is up to the individual to get out of such a bleak existence."

Athiran looked around as he'd speak, but finished what he had to say by looking back to the dark figure "Who might you be, you who offers insight to this voicing of truths?"
*Krayt

Posted by *Krayt »

The knight's voice crackled with energy as cold as before. Void of motion in his vigil.

"Foresworn hath I my name. Disawoved hath I my faith. Thus be that which I am The Foresworn, nay name hath I hencefort nor shalt I ever more. The Grey Vizier bade me rise unwillingly from the enternal black ice of Oerth. Near the legendary City of Gods whcih mortals seek so vainly where naught art to be found but death. Ascended didst I my cold tomb. Revenge for what was taken the flame that thawed the prison of this icebound knight. The Lich unmade death and gave unlife to the presence that wouldst deny afterlife and linger eternally in spite hath he not. Whom art thou soothsayer?"
*Forsaken Dreamer

Is it I you call a Soothsayer? If so, I am Athiran, a half fiend and warrior. I forge myself the way I wish to teach others. Through the trials of time. We each have our own path, and I wish to implore all to face that path and conquer it. I am Warrior of the Athar. I oppose the fake gods and taunt them. People desire power? Well I offer it as knowledge, to educate people so that they are not sheep heading to a slaughter. You asked me who I am, I am an Athar. What about you, who are you of icy chills and shadowed words?
*Krayt

Posted by *Krayt »

The cold red lights dancing in the empty Eye-sockets pulsated wexing and waning in intensity as the Death Knight listened. Apparently acknowledge was unnatural to this being.

"Risen from the cold grave to combat them. Naught else shalt these bones strive for. The death of causes false and the rise of this cause Fall of the False. Revenege for what was taken in life in death."

The undead being remained silent for a long moment. To pertain to something was something he recented and it was greatly a portion of his being such resentments that had animated him. Lowering his blade there was a frostly mist gathering most densly at the crossguard. Atirian would notice the ancient Athar badge affixed on it. If he had studied the old relics of the Athar he would notice it pertained to the very earliest Athar creations.

"I too a fallen knight warring for the Athar against the false claimants. Til the great down fall or mine own."

A creation without fear. But the knight was reluctant to walk in the same footsteps that in life had been so treacherous for the paladin he had once been. Brotherhood and the common cause.