Letter to the Shattered Temple

*krandate123

Posted by *krandate123 »

A letter arrives at the Shattered Temple born by a skeletal courier. The courier enters the Temple, standing inside until the letter is received. Upon presenting his cargo, the courier bows lightly and holds out his hand, apparently waiting for a response.

The letter reads:

To whom it may concern:

I, Chardon, have interest in speaking with a member of your faction. I have become aware of certain philosophical similarities in our respective views of the multiverse and of the "divine" beings which rule it. I would like to schedule an appointment to meet with a representative of your faction. If our philosophy lines up as closely as I anticipate, perhaps we can find a mutually beneficial arrangement for working together. My courier awaits your response.

Thank you for your time,

Chardon
*Cadence

Posted by *Cadence »

((Will likely have to be via forum, but if I'm free in game, I'll let you know!))

Chardon is notified that Factotum Spektorzky has set aside some time to discuss faction-related matters with him. He will await Chardon's arrival patiently.
*krandate123

Posted by *krandate123 »

The skeletal courier returns a few days later with a letter announcing Chardon's intended arrival time, giving the factotum time to prepare. The lich moves purposely towards the building and upon being announced makes his way to see Spektorzky. Settling into a chair, Chardon folds his hands in his lap and looks for a long moment at the Factotum, sizing him up before beginning.

I'm not sure what rumors have circulated regarding myself, but I should probably begin this discussion with an explanation of the events that brought me here. As a young man, I abandoned my initial studies of the magical arts for the oldest of reasons: love. We married and lived the simple lives of simple people.

The lich pauses for a long moment.

My wife died giving birth to our daughter. I was unwilling to accept this, having known from my studies that certain individuals possessed the means to wrest the souls of the dead from the afterlife. I had not studied the arts of "divine" magic at that time and was perhaps rash in my decisions. For various reasons, I was forced to use a ritual I came across to attempt to pull her away.

The lich leans forward, speaking more intently.

My arrogance in making the attempt was repayed tenfold by a shadow servant of the "diety" (Chardon nearly spits the word.) Nerull. My wife's spirit was cursed to wander the planes. Her torture was such that her mind fractured and I was forced to discorporate her spirit. I hold the fragments of her soul and hope to restore her, but that is a discussion for another day.

Chardon leans back, folding his hands back into his lap.

The discussion for today is more generalized. You see, I've come to realize from discussions with various individuals that the arrogance exhibited by Nerull and his proxies are not limited to that being. The entirety of the multiverse would be better suited if the lot of them did not exist. I've a few ideas regarding how to limit some of the influence of those beings, as I'm certain you lot do as well. I think that if we work together we could accomplish a great deal of good for the entire multiverse. Don't you agree?