A Letter to Factotum Specktorzy

*TheorumOfNeutrality

Posted by *TheorumOfNeutrality »

wrote:Factotum,

As a more public face for our Faction, I took it upon myself to seek out the Lich, Chardon, who has been courting us for some time now. While at once interested in membership, he also wished to discuss a plan he has set in motion against the Power Nerull on Oerth. To prevent possible viewing of myself by this Power, I do not include the details (as this letter is being written outside of the Temple). I will provide a Mimir with the plan's details, as I can record it on the Temple's premises without having to distract you from your busy schedule for a meeting (and I can continue my work at the Scriptorium).

Signed,

Namer Kathir Sethronin
wrote:Mimir Recording, recited in the Aaismar's beautiful baritone:

Chardon's plans involving Nerull are as follows:

1. He recognizes that this particular God is worshiped more out of fear than piety. As such, his plan is to eradicate the fear of death on Oerth. This is particularly brilliant, as Nerull is a well-hated Power and few would mind watching him die of neglect.

2. Chardon has created a method of sentient re-animation. He is having much success with an example I got to meet without Chardon in its vicinity. This skeleton was able to respond to questions and react to commands that were not issued from its creator. This should be kept strictly secret, as the Dead would surely be opposed to such. Using this method, Chardon hopes to allow people a sort of 'layman's lichdom'. These skeletons, by Chardon's claim, will have the personality they had in life - thus assaying fears of death. I do not know specifics. He might be more willing to share with Factors and Factol Terrence.

3. This process could be expedited with a disease created by the Power of Death on Krynn, provided to us by a Krynnite Death Knight (who is also a candidate for membership). However, I feel that Factol Terrence may oppose these methods due to his appreciation and value of life.

If you should find this plan to have some merit, Factotum, I would request you put this plan to paper and pass it through the ranks for further review. Chardon wishes our help with this plan, and I believe it is a sound way to further strike against the False Gods. I hope this footwork was helpful. Thank you.