A Complaint Left with Factotum Hobard

TheoremOfNeutrality

Posted by TheoremOfNeutrality »

To: The Esteemed Seekers of The Great Unknown, The Athar,

Over the course of time that the Athar and the Believers of the Source have persisted within our great city of Sigil, a friendship has grown; a bond which has been tried and true, through catastrophe, failure and eventual success. Some would call us kith - those who understand that behind the faces and names of the Powers is a truth that we all seek. I have always found that kinship, even if at times it was vigorous and hot, to be true. Part of that bond is respect - a respect that would ensure that I never would dip my fingers into the affairs of the Athar, but my hand is forced.

This is a written and formal complaint made in regards to one of your Namers, a Fire Genasi named Jules. This individual is a merchant in the Bazaar, selling second-hand planewalking equipment, and likewise providing enchantment and crafting services besides. He has taken a liking to slandering and besmirching the Namers of other factions - maintaining a list of 'banned' patrons. The Factions of these individuals follow a wide range - two in the Fated, one in the Doomguard, a Dustwoman and more besides. A wide scope. I was content to leave the matter alone, however, as squabbles between Namers are not uncommon. However - the problem arises in that my name is now on the List. A Factotum of an allied Faction. Worse yet, he has chosen to insult me, and press false charges of a serious nature against my name.

He claims that I have hired people to slander his name - a severe and extremely ridiculous accusation on multiple levels. Key amongst which is that I have never had a problem slandering people to their faces directly, as the good Factotum Hobard can attest. Moreso, the assertion that I would invest such effort in someone as lowly as a Namer of another Faction is ridiculous out of hand. However, the most egregious problem with this Namer's behavior is that none of it serves the goals of the Athar. He uses none of the animosity, none of the passions, none of the distaste in this situation to reveal the false nature of the Powers, nor to push others towards the Great Unknown. He is harming the name and standing of the Athar for seemingly no reason at all.

I request that the Athar intervene and have this Namer retract this false accusations against me, and to likewise make a full apology for his falsity. I would also encourage the Athar to consider putting him on a tighter leash, as he harms the already fragile standing of the Athar by giving those who might be amenable to your message a face to despise, rather than one to ally with.

I am at the disposal of the Athar to provide aid in this matter, and I can only hope it is resolved with the same respect and friendship that has grown between our Factions over these years.

Ever Forged To The Source,
Factotum Ambris Troile
mimifearthegn
Site Admin

Posted by mimifearthegn »

Factotum Troile,

Congratulations on your promotion. Last we spoke, you were a namer.

I recall that in our last meeting you were a namer, and your words were heated. One might even characterize them as insulting.

The friendship between our factols is indeed a marvel, and the alliance between our factions something to be treasured. But we have no such friendship between us, personally. If you have an argument with a merchant in the bazaar, take it up with his guild. Or with the Indeps.

In truth,

Athaon Hobard