Strange Use of Money- A report from another bleaker

*silinrul357

Posted by *silinrul357 »

wrote:Recently a newly named bleaker has been seen in the bazaar actively participating in some strange sorts of promotions according to the chant. When the berk named "Vahn" wasn't simply lounging around staring endlessly at nothing for no discernible reason, he's been seen doing some strange things with money. One thing for instance was when he walked up to a merchant to do what they thought might be buy something, as he laid down some money right away. When they went to ask what he wanted though, he simply turned and walked away, not even bothering to look at the stock.

Later that same cycle, he was seen throwing several platinum mechanus cogs into the fire at Dion's establishment, and when asked why he did it, he answered with some bleaker line about, "I wanted to see if I'd feel anything losing money. I didn't. Turns out jink is pointless too."

Later again that same cycle, this same bleaker was seen arguing with a merchant Katani about selling his wares and items to her that he'd found on some outings. That wouldn't be such a strange thing, except this berk was doing the -opposite- of what you do: he was trying to argue the merchant into paying him -less!-

So maybe if someone's looking to peel a berk, try a bleaker?
This is one of the few times that S.I.G.I.S. was remarkably accurate in its reporting. In addition to this even, when he can be bothered to do it, it seems if anyone tends to strike a conversation up with this sod Vahn, it's quite difficult to get him to give a non-depressive answer about the pointlessness of most people's entire lives. Maybe we should keep an eye on him?

This report wasn't signed; the reporter didn't care enough to sign it.
*witchinghour

Posted by *witchinghour »

The Sigis report was filed away somewhere, or thrown somewhere for future referrence. Regardless while Vahn was apt in his performance art of not giving a damn, or perhaps another kind of damn, the bleaker was being kept an eye on. What may be a bit disturbing, is who knows what they're keeping an eye on him for?
*silinrul357

Posted by *silinrul357 »

Every so often, this berk Vahn has been setting up something of a 'Bleak Advice and Creation Booth' in random spots around the Cage. Every so often he has been known to give out well-sought and well-thought advice, but it's just as likely he'll give you a 'who cares?' answer or simply wave the next person. He also currently creates nothing in truth, even though chant says he can.

It's also been known he's been starting to study a couple of languages, in specific ignan, aquan, terran, and auran. When asked about why he has been studying these, it's "because not many speak the languages, which means if I speak in them, I don't have to worry about hearing answers back. It also is four more ways for me to tell people I don't care."
*silinrul357

Posted by *silinrul357 »

Some unknown bleaker has been seen at random, un-used spots or areas of the city. The strange thing about this bleaker? It's an iron golem. This iron golem has been, for a couple of days at a time, stopped and offered to teach children basic educational lessons like reading, math, and for older ones, more advanced things. It typically is around the hive area, so one might consider it dangerous for the children, but the few berks whom tried to interrupt found themselves at the wrathful end of an iron golem.

For the couple of days this iron golem holds its classes, it also provides clothing and food for those children going without or struggling. It's a question if it's an actual bleaker because it doesn't seem to talk unless it, in its own words, "finds it important enough to speak."