Why We Should Care...

*Hydra

Posted by *Hydra »

As she entered the famous Bleaker bar called the Zero. Kazuko climbed on a table knocking the wood with her foot obviously attracting the attention of a few Bleakers, she had of course invited at least one of the Factors who wasn't too depressed.

You know what guys... The Triad... Ah yes ! I'm coming again over and over with these sods. But you know, like problems they keep coming... Well they are actually the problem once again for once simple reason. They do not want to let us be, they do not want us to find the meaning from within ! They want to hammer their law into our skulls until we offer no more resistance. We all know existence is a deep kind of babau shyte, and that's all there's to know. We do not need thier law... Laaaaaaaaaw, what does it mean ? Another of these silly ideas about what the multiverse is. Heck, every community does have laws, minimum is better of course, because who loves bureaucracy and boots stomping on the cobbles except them ?

You remember the last time the Harmonium went in the Hive and what they did to our faction hall ? They occupied it, then came with infected soldiers to our rescue... making everything worse. If someone actually helped us during the crisis it was the Doomguard and several bold gatecrashers. Now we also have the situation in the hive... The harmonium has established outposts and are gathering their forces they want more. Who says they are not going to occupy our Gatehouse once again and send a lot of miserable sods in the prison because they cannot make the distinction between a madman a person that needs help and a criminal a person they only wish to punish ? The only thing that matters here, is that people are suffering in Sigil and we are right in the middle of it, we are the crass, the dirt they want to clean because we do not accept their vision of a lawashed universe.

This is why guys... and gals... as much as we all that remains of us into making things less miserable for the poor, the oppressed, those who have seen the truth about the multiverse and have fallen into madness. There's no hope, but at least we make things bearable while them... them ! They protect the top of the pyramid, in where they live. I've seen Mercykillers living in a ship above everything else, just to not our ugly smell reach their sensitive nostrils, unless they are up to descend in the hive and go for a beating. Frankly I don't care about the current situation with the doomguard and the fated. The fated are a bunch of assholes... and the doomguard while they helped us and are our allies, we cannot just stand by their side. Lot of us aren't fighters, we stand no chance in a frontal conflict with the harmonium. But if you, on a personal level, want to help them, well its your pick if you find meaning in doing that. I personally do because I'm a warrior and the thrill of battle is meaningful for me. Remember one thing however... we are just berks for them, we acknowledge no meaning and we carry no uniform.

What I propose here, is that adopt passive resistance unless they attack us directly. We should gather our defenses sure... perhaps train the citizens of the hive to make sure they can keep their neighborhood safe. But what we can do however, is make sure those who defend the hive have the support they need, if the Triad get lost in an alleyway, if they are sabotaged and slowed down its all the best. Let us keep that in mind while the Doomguard, the Xaos, The Dusmen and the Anarchists will fight, because I have no doubt they will and give them a hand while we can, food and healing for example. If they dare attacking us officially, all they are going to do is to anger the Hivers we help on a daily basis and show the monsters they are... I'm not suggesting anything there, or maybe I do ? I already told them to sod off away from the Hive.

That's it, nothing else to add...
*MimiFearthegn

Posted by *MimiFearthegn »

A few berks looked up from their drinks as Kazuko gave her speech. One non-bleaker in the crowd rudely interrupted the speech by loudly exclaiming that there was a hole in his glass, and then stomping out of the bar.

Factor Tyvold looked up from the empty glass he'd been deeply contemplating, and spoke:

"In time, even the Triad will realize that their efforts are fruitless, and join us at the gatehouse. Such is how it has always been. . . we need no weapons or resistence; time takes care of all."

He then returned to his thoughts.
*Hydra

Posted by *Hydra »

Kazuko looked at the man.

- You speak like things are bound to happen, like there's a greater purpose and a meaning. You are absolutely wrong.
*MimiFearthegn

Posted by *MimiFearthegn »

The jab was enough to catch Tyvold's attention again, although his first reaction was to shrug:

"What purpose? Among us are previous Harmonium and Mercykillers, Guvners and Godsmen, Sensates and Ciphers. They realized it was all pointless; that all their work had been for nothing. They made their way to the Gatehouse.

"The law is irrelevant. The Triad is irrelevant. The Doomguard and Anarchists fight because they think there's a purpose to it all. But what does it matter what they do?"
*Hydra

Posted by *Hydra »

"What does it matter you say ? Well... aren't we here to help people out of their misery since its the only thing worth bothering for ? Frankly if the Triad starts a war in the Hive, lots of people will suffer. You know how the Harmonium is, they bash people's head in the name of conformity, as for the Mercykillers, they just need an excuse to punish and torture, they'll be after the poor who steal to feed his family, they're not going to spare anyone because they are tyrants. If we do not do anything many poor sods will suffer, the same poor sods we try to help every day, that's the only meaning I see into this, let's protect them against the insanity of what they call law."
*Theorum Of Neutrality

Posted by *Theorum Of Neutrality »

Notable Bleaker Factor and Bleaknik, Amir, regards the discussions of Tyvold and Kazuko, before finally piping up of his own accord.

"Ya cannae protect anyone from madness. Madness is inevitable. When mortals look outward ta search for purpose, and find nothing at all - that's somethin' we want to happen. People call us madmen 'cause they're too spiritually unaware to realize the importance of their own ego-death. I'm thinkin' you could use a little more ego-death yaself, lassy."

Amir, having won the luck of the draw and actually gotten a decent cup with the fluid he had requested inside, takes a sip.

"We do what nae one else will. But, even our actions are ultimately futile. People starve or get bashed and put in the deadbook every day in the Hive, and we cannae stop it. We cannae stop tyrants, we cannae stop the cruelty of self-precieved 'law'. You take out one tyrant, and the revolutionaries become the tyrants in their stead. I's a vicious cycle - and the only way we kin stop it is by doin' nothin' - by showin' the tyrants and the revolutionaries that they fight for empty causes that mean nothin', that they be exactly the same as one another. The Cabal endures, the Cabal caries on when everyone else is ta busy fightin' fer their empty causes. Ya wanna stop the tyrants, lass? Then carry on."
*Hydra

Posted by *Hydra »

"Cycles... fatality. Are you a a doomguard or what ? It doesn't matter they realize their ideas doesn't exists outside of their barmy mind, they'll come to that conclusion at some point or not it doesn't matter. If we do "nothing" like you say, then why do we bother helping these poor sods then ? Why do we even bother to be The Cabal and do not disband and watch while smoking devil weed ? Because we all know that the only thing we should care about, is to make this ocean of sadness less miserable even if its just for a second before we all get swallowed, others will take our place anyway. The help we bring through our misery only exist because we are able to understand mercy without reward, just as a thing to do. It is why we as a group are there, we have no other purpose. Let's stop to ponder and debate, there's no time to play with ideas they're all meaningless, let's swim against the tide as we do until we die. Sometimes its the Signers, or another faction, today its just the Triad. Let's not make these well called Mercykillers kill all the mercy in this city with their damned madness. As you said... we should endure and so shall we, let's just make them endure as well and prove they have no point".
*Theorum Of Neutrality

Posted by *Theorum Of Neutrality »

Amir is quick to quip back.

"Are you an Anarchist or what? If you got a messiah complex, lassy, that's your prerogative - if you wanna save everyone, there's the door. Get out there and get ta work. I want ya ta succeed. But, you ain't savin' much of anyone preachin' to the choir, here. That's the whole point! We work ta help the sods of the Hive for reasons that are personal to each of us. There ain' nae singular reason. You care fer your reason, I care for mine, Factor Tyvold cares fer his own reason."

Amir gestures to Tyvold, leaning back in his chair and shrugging.

"Tha's the strength of our faction and our lack of belief. Everythin' is within us, everythin' is internal. This message ya preachin' obviously means a lot ta ya - somehow, it alleviates ya own pain. Tha's all well and good, lassy. Whatevah it takes ta keep ya outta a cell. Factol Lhar once said that the Bleak Cabal is the Corps of mercy and despair. We're both of those things - and what mercy and despair means is entirely an internal struggle. Tha's wha' you ain' understandin'. You think that 'Why nae?' is a good excuse ta do everythin'. Wha' ya really need to ask is... Why should we bother, when we know that our actions are all futile, ultimately?"

He points to Kazuko.

"That's the question ya need to answer."
*Hydra

Posted by *Hydra »

Kazuko shrugged

"If everything is futile why don't we just sit down and watch and let everything happen without interference ? That's the question you should ask yourself Amir. We struggle with our own misery and everyone should, that's why we are misery and despair yes. I don't plan on acting on kindness... I'm just going to push back the Triad and their nonsense should they ever try to conquer this hive and format all these brain-boxes with their lies. People have their right to suffer, and I don't care if they do not want to and fill their minds with nice ideas and gods to feel happy... My only point here is to be what you call a "messiah", by telling those who want to give it a go and feel like it makes sense that they're not alone. If that's meaningful for ye, then go on, piss the Triad off if they move in make them face despair and struggle, let's be merciful."