Cherry Blossoms

*Hydra

Posted by *Hydra »

Ash had been digging for an hour, she finally planted the seed. Cherry Blossom from Kara-Tur, exactly what she wanted in the middle of the Garden. Why ? What is the meaning of that ? Only her knew, it was her own meaning after all, some something immanent and above all, something coming from within.

She knew also that the Bleakers weren't taken seriously and this situation had to be changed. People deemed her to be mad. Of course you look like a mad person when you don't care much about important things... "Define important, berk" she asked them, and they answered with silence, astonished by the stupidity of the question, important is important said the obvious silence, shut your teeth clapper Kazuko. "Not this time", she replied while she put the earth back

She decided to wander in the hive along her new found companion, a dog she affectionately called "Nilesia", a good name for a cruel hound, but this one was a skinny one, the kind that barks more than it bites. She scratched Nilesia between her ears as she continued to walk. She took the time to observe the life of the Hive and its misery, these people didn't needed kind worlds and promises, just concrete help and someone to explain them of course.

During the days that followed, Ash sat in all the taverns, listened as she tried to grasp the issues of the moment. Then she suddenly had an idea, she took a portal to Elysium and waited for an hour of two before she became bored and called to the horizon to get the attention of a Guardinal, hoping she'll get the occasion to see a great Tanuki rather than these silly bears and horses.
*MimiFearthegn

Posted by *MimiFearthegn »

The hours dragged on as Ash stared at the unchanging horizon. Fortunately, Elysium is a pleasant place, so she did not exactly feel bored, just a little sleepy.

As she was beginning to nod off, she felt something pawing at her shoulder. On turning, she found herself looking into the fuzzy face of a humanoid raccoon-like creature.
*Hydra

Posted by *Hydra »

Kazuko started at the raccoon creature and smiled.

"Aaaaah, I knew it ! I knew there where Tanukis in the havens, granma was right !"

She then raised on her feets and sighed, remaining silent for a while. Trying to fight against the sudden surge of nonsense in her head.

"I wanted to ask something... I guess its a bit silly, but... why don't we see you more often in Sigil ? or the prime worlds ? You're supposed to be the good ones you know, those who are supposed to give us a hand when we don't know where to go. Well never mind... I wanted to ask, ask if you know if there's an meaning... Oh well nevermind, I actually wanted to know if I there's a sacred relic, or something... an egg perhaps ? That can appease a troubled mind just by holding it or touching it. I think I may need that one, not for myself or course, to help others, to help them endure the pain and if yes... what do I need to do for it ?"
*MimiFearthegn

The guardinal cocked its head to one side, and then the other, and then back again as it listened to Kazuko. It then clasped its hand (or paws?) together, and spoke:

"An egg? What do you need an egg for? Only one person can eat an egg at a time. Why not be inside the egg? Elysium is a lovely place, good for soothing all your troubles away. Just take a nap! Or send other people to take a nap!"

It chittered, and seemed to grin, but then its face became more serious as it went on:

"I prowl the edges of Elysium with the Lupinals, keeping the evil out. Sometimes we even go to prime worlds, when the mortals can't deal with the evil alone. But see, mortals need to know they need the help first. We can't just go barging in telling people to get rid of the evil infesting them when they don't understand its even evil. And then, its nice if we're asked to come. Otherwise you might think we're invading, and nobody likes an invasion!

"See, we can't force mortals this way or that way. Neither can demons and devils, they just find all the loopholes they can to make it seem like they're leaving you with little choice. But you always have a choice! And that's important. If you didn't have a choice, it would just be a race to see who could force the most mortals into their armies the fastest, and pretty soon, there'd be no mortals left at all.

"But that's why you won't see me in Sigil. That city doesn't care about good or bad, and half of the people there don't even recognize ordinary evil, much less the really sinister kind. They just care about the law, or what they can get away with. Some of the more patient sorts manage it, trying to teach people better, but its really up to you. The mortals in Sigil have to want our help to drive out the fiends. We can't just march in and do it."
*Hydra

Posted by *Hydra »

Kazuko listened to the racoon and blinked.

"I think it does make sense..." She said admitted without conviction, then she carefully added "From your perspective at least. I mean... I was very serious about that artifact or that egg... you know like the Phoenix egg ? Something you don't eat, you keep it because its precious and useful, anyway that was a bad example ! You know Sigil was attacked by the Far Realm ?

She didn't let him answer her question. "Well now you know ! Anyway... where was I ? Ah yes. I need something to bring back the level of insanity back to normal you see, or at least help people's mental to improve, because they are still affected by that whole tentacle-wooble mess, it crawls into our brain and its really sick. Its something I completely reject, I'm scandalized to even admit it does exist we cannot be at peace with its influence. It is the place of tranquility and serenity... you must have something do you ? Something we could... get and bring back to ease our minds, to accept... the... no... the problems we are facing, bring a smile on children faces and all that kind of stuff."

Her tone became more pathetic and almost supplicant "I'm willing to do whatever is needed to get it, I mean whatever that doesn't cause troubles here, its not like I can cause much troubles anyway... or perhaps you have fiends who know ? I haven't tried Ysgard, Arborea and the Beastlands yet."
*MimiFearthegn

"Oh Heavens. . . " replied the Tanukian Guardinal, after Ash's speech, taking a moment to think about this.

"Far Realms is tricky. Natural magic is best to drive away that illness. Don't go to Ysgard, they'll just give you a big club and say you should knock sense into someone with it. I suggest the Beastlands. Yes, the spirits of the Beastlands should know how to heal the crazyness."

The guardinal nodded, as if certain of its reply.

*Hydra

Posted by *Hydra »

Kazuko frowned, she really wanted to have an excuse to visit Ysgard.

- Well, fine then I'll be visiting the Beastlands then. I suppose you don't have any name or place I should start with, oh venerable Tanuki ?
*MimiFearthegn

"Nope! I don't go to the Beastlands very often. I suggest taking a walk and trying to find a friendly native. Good luck, curious human!"

And then the guardinal turned as if to head off, but as it did so, vanished.
*Hydra

Posted by *Hydra »

Kazuko returned to Sigil uncertain, she went to her superiors, asking them if the cabal could finance further researches and an expedition she offered to lead.
*Hydra

Posted by *Hydra »

Kazuko shrugged, she didn't expected anything, and things where going to happen anyway. She'll provide the jink herself, after all the last... mmh job was more than enough.