Unexpected Visitors

*Hydra

Posted by *Hydra »

"Yeah... you know we're in a place were people that should be deaders don't die, and deaders die again when they find true death... or death is dead, because a mortal killed him and became death, or they simply went on a vacation... Whatever... you said they were breaking out, know where ?"
*Neethanial

Posted by *Neethanial »

"Well..." He taps his chin, the thought process bringing a pained expression to him as he moved to a window.
"I know the first couple times went unnoticed, because they kept coming back. Most of their little rat holes were patched up after the incident. It was the smell, see? It wasn't so bad until the orphans started to make a fuss over it."
He shakes his head slowly.
"Children's misery is just one of those things..." He rubs his temples. "Poor things had no idea just how close to the old sewer entrance they really were. One gargantuan spider was enough to make off with both of the twins in one go. Never saw them again."
*Nimiane

Posted by *Nimiane »

Despite the fact that Odette had left the building during investigation, she made no attempt to hide her presence where it lingered in the courtyard. It was to her own reflection verdant gaze had fallen, a watery apparition on the pond's surface. Leaning against the nearest pole of the gazebo, arms languidly folded, it was only after the twins has departed that the blonde pushed off from pillar and moved to follow them at a nonchalant distance.

*Hydra

Posted by *Hydra »

"Sewers you said... lot's of shyte down there, I'm going to ask the spiders and the rats." Ash, slammed the door and walked off the Gatehouse towards the sewers, perhaps meeting Odette along the way. Her steps were energic like she was filled with a sense of purpose all the sudden, or perhaps she was simply trying to flee the grim retreat.
*Neethanial

Posted by *Neethanial »

The gatehouse grounds are vast, to be sure. The air is dense and dark, but it's easy enough to tail after two people skipping off hand in hand, chatting and giggling. Things take an odd turn, however. In the blink of an eye, Odette can only see the girl. Worse than that: the chatting and giggling can still be heard as he skips his way up a little hill in front of the gatehouse. A single tree sits there; difficult to reach without teleportation, though he seems to scale it with ease.

Meanwhile, soon after exiting the building, Ash catches a different sight entirely. True, you see Odette's form not far in the distance. She can also hear the children's joyous chittering. Not long after Ash begins to walk, she spots the little girl. Whether it's to be attributed to good sight, or the girl deliberately standing in view, it doesn't matter, does it? Does it matter than she seems curious when she looks at the Bleaker? Does it matter when she skips off, whispering secrets and giggles with... no one... off in a different direction as Odette?
*Nimiane

Posted by *Nimiane »

Odette's steps were languid but controlled as she turned to follow, gloved hands shoved into the pockets of dark tunic in a nonchalant manner. With the cycles of manipulating shadow long behind her, the traditional skills of tracking had only improved with honed reliance and careful execution. So it was that the former mercenary came to stand at the base of the hillside, a keen gaze trailing after the one boy and his animalistic movements in scurried climb. For several long minutes Odette simply stood and watched, uninterrupted, save for the somewhat cautious glance over surroundings for missing twin. After all, in her mind, it wasn't as if the younger male could go anywhere; tree's foliage used as cover or not. Right?

*Hydra

Posted by *Hydra »

Ash, sniffed, little girls, she remembered she had seen a lot of them enslaved, tortured and worse not so long ago before Sigil, the joyous laughter filled her heart with the poison of guilt. She vanished into the shadows keeping a quick and silent step as she followed the girl at a safe distance. The veteran had now a target to track, one vain purpose and it was all that mattered now.
*Neethanial

Posted by *Neethanial »

Sitting atop a low hanging branch, the boy looks down at Odette warmly; legs swinging back and forth without any particular rhythm.
"We used to play games, you know. A very long time ago."
He hops down, eye contact never breaking for even a moment.
"Our favorite was hide and seek. Not much sport, in the home of the bleak. We come when it calls, that game we crave. But not being found can lead to the grave."

**Hydra, I will repond to your portion once I re-familiarize myself with the terrain around the Gatehouse. I haven't been in game much to take a good look lately. I'd rather keep it legit and not make stuff up as I go along**
*Nimiane

Posted by *Nimiane »

Odette had little to offer the boy beyond the curl of her lips in a small smile, leather clad toe of boot scuffing the ground to lazily kick a stone that rested thereupon. A chuckle left bronzed lips with his words, shoulders lifting in idle gesture that accompanied response. "Bet you've seen your fair share of hiding spots? Caves and caverns and sewers, whatnot?" the woman matched in turn, verdant hues following the albino male as his feet found the ground anew; the smile not once leaving her lips. "Tell me the most favourite of these in your game, and while you're at it won't you tell me your name?"

*Neethanial

Posted by *Neethanial »

His expression fades into a sour, hateful look.
"No one cared who we were before." Even his voice drips with venom, the tone shifting to a menacing growl. "NO ONE came looking. NO ONE played with us! This time, it's OUR RULES!"
His features soften, then. The smile returns. For the briefest of moments, it almost feels as though the air has returned to the area.
"You want to play, the game anew?
Find the werewolf. Before we do."
With a graceful bow and a flourish of his clothing, he just... isn't. Nowhere in sight, whether invisible or hiding, is up to anyone's guess. Then again, that feeling in the air. One might question whether or not he was ever there.