Unexpected Visitors

*Neethanial

Posted by *Neethanial »

Early in the morning, a pair steps into the gatehouse. They appear to be twins: a male and a female, both human, both barely adults. Platinum blond hair, matching dark leathers, and eerie smiles flashing to anyone who looks. The pair approach the first person they find who seems to look the least bit curious about them.

"Hello! We've been asked..."
"to look for the werewolf..."

The sister finishes the boy's thought as though they share a mind, before both continuing in unison.
"The darkest dark says Altair, but we can't find him anywhere..."
*Nimiane

Posted by *Nimiane »

There are moments in life when one seems to be in the right place at the right time. Or the wrong place at the wrong time. Or the wrong place at the right time. Regardless, Odette found herself in one of multiple outcomes, simply by being present. A verdant gaze, set within dark sockets of a sleepless night, weaved over the two in a curious study before bronzed lips parted to offer 'assistance'.

"Altair?" came query with the loft of golden brows, the pad of a gloved digit thumbing against tip of freckled nose. Unperturbed by the nonsensical unity of the two, the Namer's shoulders lifted in a small shrug; recognition hidden behind nonchalant air. "Cannae say we make a habit of givin' out patient information willy nilly. What's this regardin', exactly?"

[/size][/font]
*Neethanial

Posted by *Neethanial »

"Well," the brother chimes in with a bright, flirtatious smile. "Word's been spreading that he's off on walkabout."
"Not like we're hunting him, of course." The sister feeds a menacing look at her twin, and an equally dirty glance back to Odette. "But the Ciphers want to play a game."
Both in unison, matching smiles.
"We like games. Do you?"
*Nimiane

Posted by *Nimiane »

Odette's gaze drifted between the two with subtle awareness, though there remained a politely mild smile upon her canvas of scarred features. "Well, if yer lookin' for Ciphers, afraid you've got the wrong place." she offered in response, gloved thumb drawing down the length of angled jaw in an idle manner. The blonde was silent for several beats as she regarded each of the albino youths, until, with a mildly amused twitch upon the tapered corners of bronzed lips, she replied;
"Could give you some cliché answer about how life's a game an' naebody's winning, but I'll save us both the needless hassle and just say that I do."

*Neethanial

Posted by *Neethanial »

The boy smiles, the girl frowns. Each stares at you for a few awkward moments as their expressions gradually shift to matching yet again. When at last, they're in unison again, they turn to one another. The girl nods, the boy shakes his head, and they take each other's hands.

"You're not happy enough to play this game."
"The prize at the end, is ours to claim."
In unison, they speak before making for the door.
"If you think you can keep up, you're welcome to try. If you attempt it and fail, someone might..." They glance back and to each other, giggling as they leave.
*Hydra

Posted by *Hydra »

Ash who has been following the conversation grunted, placed her hands on her hips glancing at the two with her pale blue eyes.

- What kind of games do you want to play ? Quick, because I'm already feeling the urge to explain you things about games and games about things.

((woops I was writing this while you where posting))
*Nimiane

Posted by *Nimiane »

". . . die." she finishes over the giggling with a mild smirk.Verdant gaze lingers on both as they turn for the door, the tip of rosen tongue brushing briefly over the pillow of lower lip in a contemplative manner. It's in these moments, twins and factotum otherwise engaged, that Odette quietly slips out the door.

*Neethanial

Posted by *Neethanial »

Hydra,Jul 9 2016 wrote: Ash who has been following the conversation grunted, placed her hands on her hips glancing at the two with her pale blue eyes.

- What kind of games do you want to play ? Quick, because I'm already feeling the urge to explain you things about games and games about things.

((woops I was writing this while you where posting))
To a new member of the faction, the twins would appear as though they might do well for a stay, a talk... or a room.
To those of longer standing, however, an old story may come to mind.

**Feel free to investigate as you see fit**
*Hydra

Posted by *Hydra »

Ash grunted again when twins disappeared walked out.

- I'm starting to care about something... gaaah not again, again knot.

She wandered about, trying to remember if she already had seen the twins in her a few years in the gatehouse, then started to poke around asking old timers if they cared enough to remember something.
*Neethanial

Posted by *Neethanial »

One of the older Factotums, Shilo, perks up at the description. Poor Shilo has been around for years and years, but never made much headway in rank on account of an obsession with current affairs and how they correlate to Bleakers. He's always been a bit of an odd sort for the faction, but never really caused waves.
"Pale twins, huh? About twenty or so years ago, there used to be a brother and sister who grew up in the orphanage. There's no way it was the same ones, though. They died a while back. I only remember because they kept breaking out somehow."
He shrugs and goes back to whatever series of thoughts he was stuck in; a solemn expression painted across his face.