Unexpected Visitors

*Nimiane

Posted by *Nimiane »

The boy's sudden shift in temperament was met with interest rather than recoil, despite the melt of smile from bronzed lips. Inhale passed through the tip of freckled nose, gaze weaving from the place in which the youth had most recently stood to pan the surrounding area in silent consideration. "The werewolf I know far more than a little, but what is it, I wonder, that draws such committal..." the woman murmured under her breath, the rhyme evidently latched onto in subconscious and uttered in mirror of vortexed thought within. With the delve of gloved fingers into coat pocket, Odette nipped from flask in hand and set off to depart from Courtyard grounds.

*Neethanial

Posted by *Neethanial »

The giggles and skips lead Ash down the embankment and to the river. To the keen eyed, the fire nearby does not respond to her passing. To the keen eared, the child's voice is coming from too far away now. She turns back, still smiling, and points up the hill and to the left a ways.
"That's where we left, this is where we ran. This is where our last game began." She motions to the water, ignoring the presence of the rowboat. She spins and hops to the water's surface; a ballerina's form as she descends from the toes of one foot to a ladylike sit on the water. She looks up, her smile growing ever more, and beckons you follow with a wriggling finger.
*Hydra

Posted by *Hydra »

The middle aged woman sniffed. Grabbing one of her wakizashi and pulling it out from its sheath, swearing before she ventured over the hill, inspecting the place looking for a hole or a passage of any kind. She then slid the blade between her teeth grumbleding, following the girl thinking that none of this made any sense.

"- Of course it doesn't... what are you expecting..."
*Neethanial

Posted by *Neethanial »

She giggles as your first foot breaks the water's surface.
"No no, silly. You can't ride this boat. How do you expect to swim down the moat?"
She looks to her left, eyeing the rowboat.
"Keep up, keep up!"
She begins to drift downstream as if she were sitting in a boat of her own. As if there were any doubt, the girl is clearly not among the living. There is no magic at work here.
*Hydra

Posted by *Hydra »

Ash, facepalmed, she was really getting barmy and old.

- What did I just said ! You don't listen girl : I do not make sense.

She grumbled again and moved into the boat, she followed the girl and a few curses followed in her wake.
*Neethanial

Posted by *Neethanial »

The boat drifts beside the girl along the waterway. The smell is atrocious, the sights not much better. Drifting past the mortuary is especially rancid. The smell of fresh dead, not fresh dead, and even less fresh undead, mixed with the stench of... well, Sigil... it's about the furthest thing from pleasant one could imagine. Except maybe a Signer, but hey, let's not argue semantics.

Her expression remains unchanged until the waterway begins to widen. The more open the area becomes, the more troubled, maybe scared, she becomes. She begins to scan the area, paying particular attention to the various sewer entrances.

She doesn't speak a word, nor sigh, nor whimper. Just stares around her, looking lost and scared. As can be said about many haunts. The cause or origin of their entrapment can often be the one place, the one thing, they cannot face alone.
*Hydra

Posted by *Hydra »

Ash soon became silent. She remembered the mass graves and islands of floating dead bodies in the reddened rivers of her prime. She remembered why she was barmy and thinking nothing ever could make sense again. She thought about killing herself just for a second, but her survival instinct kicked in, she focused on the "task" at hand, unveiling the mystery, perhaps would find salvation or the mercy of meaningful death at the end of the road ? The tone of her voice softened to address the former child.

- I'm here with you, show me the path.