Prisoner Sent for Evaluation

*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

Harmonium transfers halfling prisoner called Mara Raven to the Gatehouse for evaluation of their current mental condition. Documentation implies that she surrendered herself and defended nothing, a letter that explains the events is given along: The Letter Contents
*boshga

Posted by *boshga »

Mara seems in somewhat higher spirits despite the bleak environment. She refuses visitors but is otherwise friendly and cordial. "I wonder how they decide if I'm sane or not". Was this not something she feared? To be considered insane... But she wasn't. At least she didn't think she was. But they would know wouldn't they? What happens now?

If she did die here... At least she got her wish to see a real dragon lord. One of two images she will never forget.
*Er_Nano_Infame

Posted by *Er_Nano_Infame »

if no one can say nothing about mara, jall would go to harmonium barracks and ask there if they got any hint about her, as ''missing person''. if even there she is gave no intel, she will ask a mage among those she knows (chardon, selina, owen, etc...) to scry mara's location, using an object (preferibly not destroying it all in the process, for future scrying attempts) of mara jall asked her to give in case scrying was needed: a bra, in this case.

edit: scrying require consent from the scried one, so i'll wait for boshga to decide
*boshga

Posted by *boshga »

((Scrying allowed

Jall gets to see mara being questioned, if there is nothing else stopping it))

Mara sighs a bit wishing she had her equipment closer.

she tries to relate the events again if questioned.

"I did what I thought I had to do. I was thinking of every single life that would die. My allies at the time were fighting demons, and more demons were appearing. There was no other choice. The child refused to listen to reason, and there was no way to earn her trust- we had tried several times. I attempted to use holding scrolls but they failed- what else could any of us do?"

"I didn't do it because it was an easy choice. It was the hardest, most difficult choice I ever had to make. I cut her neck as quickly, and as cleanly as I could, but.. obviously too cleanly, for I failed. I did not kill her. Only injured which meant she was healed, and could continue to cause destruction."

"The child then started to taint mount celestia herself with demons. I.. I.. I failed in killing her the first time, I couldn't do it a second time. My allies would just have brought her back again anyway. I just hid away."

"There was too much at stake... in the end, the angels came and said they would put the child into stasis- a fate worse then death, in my opinion. She would have resided there until the end of time. Phantom called forth a dragon-god and found an alternative way. The child would live, unable to access any magics at all."

"So there you have it. That's what happened... that's why I'm here. Ironicly, had I did murder her, I'd probably be a hero. A trial would find me innocent, and I'd have vindicated myself."

*Er_Nano_Infame

Posted by *Er_Nano_Infame »

((do jall get mara is at gatehouse?))

edit: jall do know mara is at gatehouse
*Zilvai

Posted by *Zilvai »

"This is what I mean with troubled." Zilvai paused, smiling, before continueing. Her small form leans back against the chair.

You are ready to throw everything away for what? This one scenario? You're in the right place, Mara, and I want to see you walking the streets again but with a different mindset. You should care for what you have." She thumbs behind her to the door.

"One of your friends was here formerly. Wanted to talk to you. She's waiting, patiently, in the hall for your dismissal. The dismissal I want to give you, but only if you come back here to talk to me about your rather bad take on your life."
*boshga

Posted by *boshga »

"One scenario?" Mara's voice raised just a bit at the ludicrousness of it. "I attempted murder of a little girl. It isn't just an every day thing. " She panted a little as she choked away some tears. This wasn't supposed to happen... it wasn't... fate was cruel indeed. Why did this have to happen?

"How can I walk those streets again, if people always think that of me? How am I supposed to hold my head up high, if they think I was crazy? If I have to come here every day to take pills or whatever" She sighed once more. "I am not entirely innocent. I wanted to be a hero. I wanted to be like real adventurers, but I was never strong enough or smart enough. I struggled every day just to find myself in the right circumstances where I could be the person I.. wanted to be." She bit her lip.

"I don't wish to owe a favour to you Zilvai. I am told that there are... problems with that scenario too. So I will trust the judgement of the Harmonium. I want their approval, or damnation. Whatever it might be. As for what I have out there... I have nothing. Nothing at all, any more."
*boshga

Posted by *boshga »

After a brief break and a few more visitors Mara looks quite annoyed.

"Alright... I know I will regret this, but I'll take option one."

Mara sighed. This was sacrificing a principle she held dear... it was an admission of guilt, when she had done nothing wrong. But if she had done nothing wrong, she shouldn't go to jail, should she? This system was crazy!

"What do I do now..."
*Zilvai

Posted by *Zilvai »

Zilvai would look towards Mara in thought and mutual sympathy, sighing a little. Her pure white eyes, soft and visible as she didn't wear the blindfold this time.

"I'll note you down as one of my patients, giving you the freedom of movement around Sigil. I want you to avoid any explicit manner of violence concerning the area around for atleast a few days. Just relax and enjoy some time with your friends for the time being."

She took a small break before continueing.

"Your words from last time interested me a bit. You spoke of having no issues yet held a profound violence in the words you uttered. Perhaps you are keeping a few feelings back that are best let out to be dealt with, Mara."

Zilvai offered a small smile, leaning a bit forward and offering a hand.

"Do you think you can trust me as a person to talk freely with me, or do you wish another to talk with?"
*boshga

Posted by *boshga »

"Angels got me into this mess in the first place. They were... unable to keep a little girl from breaking the world. As a mere mortal, I only had one way to deal with it." She grits her teeth. "Oh- but I've also learned demons are also quite sneaky. I have no love for them either. They just use me to hurt people I might like." She clenches her fists a bit. "I will trust you for now, because I have little choice but to trust you. But I swear if this is some set up-" She paused.. what could she do? Absolutely nothing. "I'll.. know."