Missing Orphans

*Kari_Shadowfox

Posted by *Kari_Shadowfox »

Her brows furrow, thinking quickly. "Might as well check th' B&J, see what's what there..." she says while rubbing her chin. This was definitely more than it seemed, but she buried her paranoia for later, when she was safely baracaded back in her home.
"What places they warn him off frem?"
*Kari_Shadowfox

"Maybe I don't... but ain't ever stopped me frem doin' shyte before." She smirks wanly, a faint nervous chuckle, and a rough cough in succession. She searches for a blank piece of paper around the room, scribbling what she'd found out so far on it. She folds it in a most particular manner, before carefully writing in bold letters "Auvry" on the missive.

She then strides out of the Gatehouse, first to find a courier, and then, to head to the B&J.

The missive went as thus:

I'm probably about to do something really stupid. Orphans are missing, and more delirium patients are coming in each day. I've gone to the B&J to look for more leads. If you don't see or hear from me in the next week...assume the worst.

Make sure no one touches my stuff. I guess you can have it if you want. You're my best friend after all.

~Isolde
9th Street, Hive
Attic Apartment
*Kari_Shadowfox

Recovering from her "trip" - double meaning included- she pens another message to Auvry, the writing in this one shaky and urgent feeling. She gives the missive to Tyvold to deliver.

It says:

Come to the Gatehouse as soon as you can. I need you. I'll be in the Mad Bleaker's Ward, but don't worry, this isn't my Retreat - it's for safety reasons.

Please, please get here soon.

~Isolde
*DarkArc

Posted by *DarkArc »

While Isolde rested after her return from the Bottle and Jug, Tyvold wrote a letter to the Harmonium to file charges against Namer Ruben Guynan for his alleged involvement in the disappearance of Bross and the abduction-attempt on Isolde. Tyvold also had Isolde's letter delivered by courier.

Meanwhile, he sent another Namer, Jerys Barklay, to eleventh street at night to pick up the mystery drug known as Black Dust, the common tag for a highly-addictive psychedelic drug reportedly responsible for the influx of Asylum patients suffering from intense periods of delirium and bouts of violence.

Once the drug was delivered to Tyvold, he began to work studying it in the hopes of finding a treatment for the patients suffering from its withdrawal effects.

In the meantime, Isolde would be visited by Sruce in her voluntary cell on occasion as the dark-skinned woman recovered from the incident.

Bleakers attempted to find Namer Ruben Guynan but it is said he fled the Gatehouse and is nowhere to be found.
*Kari_Shadowfox

When awake, Isolde sits curled up, knees to her chest on her small cot, staring at the opposite wall. Occasionally she seems to mutter under her breath, thinking intensely. She twitches and directs her sharp gaze at the door whenever she hears footsteps, still paranoid from her ordeal and the news that Ruben has yet to be found.

She is polite with Sruce, but otherwise seems extremely anti-social. She even abstains from eating what is brought to her, only eating what trail rations remain in her belongings.

When Auvry arrives, she practically bolts out of the cell and sticks herself to him like a second shadow as they leave.

Plans are then made for the next steps, such as finding the missing orphans. For now, Isolde relaxed and healed.
*DarkArc

Posted by *DarkArc »

A few days go by and Ruben is nowhere to be found. The Bleaker's home had been ransacked and whoever lived there had packed up in a hurry.

One of Isolde's fellow Bleakers, Sam Risel, brings back a sample of the Black Dust he managed to procure from one of the dealers in the Hive. It's an obsidian-colored powder substance that resembles gunpowder from other Primes. Black Dust wasn't it's only name either. It was called Coughing Dust, Black Sand, Wild Sugar, Hive Haze, and other nicknames.

Once the Bleakers had their sample, Tyvold and a few other healers went to work studying it in the hopes of developing something to counteract its effects.
*Kari_Shadowfox

A fateful evening it was when Auvry and Isolde prepared to search for the missing children. Traveling down 11th street, they quickly found the alley Isolde had been informed of in the B&J.

One thing lead to another, and they made it to the "dealer" himself. The confrontation brought up more bad memories than Isolde cared to show at the time, but they got what they wanted in the end - a way to get at the person controlling the children. Carrying one of the children unconscious with them, they left the bodies of both the Dealer and his guards to rot where they lay.

Their first stop after their ordeal was the Gatehouse, where they entrusted the child into Tessali's care, advising strict confinement and sedation for the child until she could be freed from the control of the crime boss. Throughout this, it took an immense amount of energy out of Isolde to "keep calm and carry on" when all she wanted to do was fly to pieces.

Once back in the relative safety of Auvry's apartment, her neuroses came out to play, obsessive-compulsive rituals designed to keep darker memories from consuming her thoughts. They worked... until sleep took her into it's hold.
*Kari_Shadowfox

A few days after their last outing, Isolde begins to stake out the drop box she and Auvry were informed of. Hidden in the shadows among the Hive's rooftops, she looks out for anyone that comes to the box to take the notices inside. Paranoid to the extreme, Isolde not only uses her innate skills to hide, but even cloaks herself in invisibility, just in case. Should anyone appear, she would follow them, still hidden.

// Applicable stats:

Hide: 77
MS: 68
Survival: 28
Spot/Listen: 34
DEX: 27 (+8 MOD)