Murder of a Namer

GreyMoth

Posted by GreyMoth »

After what appears to have been a 'unkind' day to Fritz, the Bleaker has notified Factol Lhar of the day's events with a letter upon his desk. It's dripping with tears, smudging the print in a few places.
Today, we have lost a Namer. Gotri is dead. Murdered and left in the streets to intimidate us. The autopsy I was able to perform within the street is just below this.

We've been used. We've been had. A literal conspiracy, of the Guvner Salt and Doctor Talbonsim, to the best of mine, Caex, and Amir's ability, been put to an end. Please forgive me, I stepped beyond simply gathering evidence, and I joined a small group of a Taker, a Harmonium officer, and a woman that hopes to join the ranks of the Mercy Killers.

I left a man broken in the sewers. I'm sorry, Factol. I couldn't control myself. He spoke of how Gotri's life was nothing more than jink in his pocket. He isn't dead, but without help he soon will be. I have segmented his brain in several places. At best, he is a vegetable. At worst, goblins, spiders or the rats have eaten him.

I only knew Namer Gotri briefly, but he was a very good man. He only ever wanted to help. The depravity that has led to his death is such a stupid, meaningless and utterly mad plot. And the worst of it all is, this may very well be the Anarchists finally turning their eyes onto us. Tattoos of the Revolutionary League were found on some of the berks that attacked our group in the sewers. Guvner Salt is not yet in direct custody, but Doctor Talbonsim will not be returning to the surgical wing.

Don't send him any help. His crimes are irrefutable, Factol. The notes are below. He has been transferring our criminally insane patients out of the Gatehouse. Guvner Salt has even pleaded for presumed anarchists to be transferred to our care, just for Talbonsim to release them in as short as two to three weeks, not even long enough to build a rapport with a patient let alone cure them of their madness. We found the pair of them chatting in the Lady's Ward over a gambling table.

I don't know what kind of damage will be done by this. It is going to cast a long shadow over the claim of insanity as a argument not to be planted in jail. I'm sorry, Factol. I'm so sorry. I'm sorry I cooperated with them, I'm sorry that I did that to another man, and I am so sorry for how much I failed to protect Gotri. And I am sorry, especially, if this reveals that the Revolutionary League is no longer neutral in standing with us. I am sorry. I am desperately awaiting for any information of what happened to Talbonsim's patients, but I don't know if his mad work on their brains has killed them. I don't know if he even cared for those he harmed so deeply, to find anything but a pile of corpses. But I will try, I promise. I'm sorry. If they can be brought back to our care, I swear they will be found.

Factotum Fritz