The Fall Of A World

*Iggwilv

Posted by *Iggwilv »

The same evening as "Hester's" meeting with her husband to be news breaks off an attempted murder in the keep. One of the keeps longer serving guards Wolfgang apparently attacked The Count's half brother. The guard crept up behind the elven mage and struck him with a halberd. He very nearly killed him. No one knows why he did this and in the struggle the mage Auren disintegrated his attacker. Rumours fly of a plot by those trying to disrupt the wedding rumour has it the count and Lady Diterich discussed the possibility of such a thing that very day. No one will say it where they think the visiting party can over hear but there is some discontent. Many southern citizens believe the rebels mostly react to the harsher lords in the north. They do not like this "Northern problem" being brought to their lands.

That same day the group's wizard would be noticeable by her absence. Apparently she said she was heading outside for a walk and not seen for the rest of the day.

Finally a steady stream of people would arrive at the room carrying cats, and one a dog, all hoping to unite the lady with her lost pet. Which they swear must be the real one. Even the man with the dog.

((For those of you asking for more I can probably be around earlier on Saturday so we can fit more in. When is good for you?
*Krayt

Posted by *Krayt »

((Can make it earlier on saturday if it ain't too much of a bother.))

He replied calmly. His helmet concealed his mask still and made movement strained at best. He still managed to follow the female through the openings in his white great helm. Leaning his back against the wall, ready to assume his guard stance would someone knock or attept to enter suddenly.

"As I suspected. Lordlings see these arrangments as alliances. We will have to change that slightly if possible as I told you."

He remained largely still as he listened further. During their journey none had seen him drink or eat. Nor had anyone besides the occational drinks at khazeets seen him drink or eat for sustenance.

"So this Auren is responsible for the security here and possibly a high ranking officer in the armies of the southerners. Well done in persuading him to arranging the meeting. I will need to talk with him however so I hope your assumption of possible fatality is erenous. Leave Auren to me I have use of his knowledge for the advanced stages of our plans. If he is still alive that is."

Straightning up by giving the wall a light elbow push he lowered his head thoughtfully. Extending his one hand to her.

"I will go and see him immedeatelly. I would have one button of your dress as a little assurance if things would happen to go horribly wrong or he would simply die on his own with regard to those rumours."

Hoping to glean intimate military information of the city as well as the region. Above all he needed reliable maps. he would thus leave to see the bedridden magus.
*Alersia

Posted by *Alersia »

Hester finishes her glass of wine and begins to play with it as suddenly someone knocks at the door. Hes carrying a cat and asks Hester if that cat might be hers. She denies gently, closes the door again and walks back to her bed. "Dear Brat." She smiles. "Would you do me a favor please... before you go to meet Auren?"

((Diplomacy Roll 51))

She removes a button of her white dress and places it on the table. "The responsibles of a bride begin to tackle me." She hesitates a moment. "The southern people want to see me." She pauses again and looks lost at Brat. "Lycinus sister will arrive soon."

"Would do me a favor please?"
*Krayt

Posted by *Krayt »

His hand clasped the button and he flipped it in his palm. She could almost see a black grin form in his great helm. Catching the button with a overly firm grip as if he shoked . His beguling voice tenderly pleasant as a lovers song.

"You would be surprised how few of those recipients of my oh so generous gifts are still in this world. Lords they do take offence over the slightest notion. It is Always wise not to push their patience over the famously thin edge."

He tucked the button away in a small leather satchel in his belt. His tone changed to that of a chilling calculating strictness void of any compassion.

"You will have what you ask for but that tone would be most improper to continue with from now on. If you want something you will explain to me why you want it."

His tone changed once more to a sadistically playful gleeful resonance.

"It would be good to start with that cat. Just incase I get an inclination and I can assure you I oft times do.. He stiffled a self-humoured cruel laughter. to stomp its back til the fragile spine breaks and watch it crawl haplessly while making whimpering mews and perhaps just perhaps put it out of its misarable existence. It would be quite good for such a vile, vile twisted person to have just a little thought of reason that would hinder such an occurance don't you think?"
*3l03

Posted by *3l03 »

Meanwhile the elf spent her time quietly around the keep at first, watching and studying the locals covertly, listening to what nobles had to say to each other in private. Later she slipped out to also learn of local customs in the streets and chants in inns, wondering what the common folk rumoured of among themselves of their lords, politics and perhaps most importantly to her, the Emperor; as well as buy a few garments from this prime, for disguises for herself and the party.
*Alersia

Posted by *Alersia »

Brat wrote:"It would be good to start with that cat. Just incase I get an inclination and I can assure you I oft times do.. He stiffled a self-humoured cruel laughter. to stomp its back til the fragile spine breaks and watch it crawl haplessly while making whimpering mews and perhaps just perhaps put it out of its misarable existence. It would be quite good for such a vile, vile twisted person to have just a little thought of reason that would hinder such an occurance don't you think?"
"Some cats are quite intelligent. And a few of them can even be used for assassinations." She opens a bag and reveals a small flask, that looks poisonous blackish. "Perhaps not for Lycinus, but maybe for my father."

((( Lore DC 25 to recognice the poison as distilled strong spider venom, that paralyzes victims)))

She walks back to her mirror and starts to make her hair.

((( I am sorry but some friends came over and invited me to an austrian cheese vondue. I cant resist this :P.)))
*Iggwilv

Posted by *Iggwilv »

The keep is filled with chaos. Shouting, running and confusion. Mauric and Eloe return to the room Alersia is in. Itza who was with them is nowhere to be seen. Shortly after their arrival there is a hammering on the door. A voice shouts out.

"Open the door!"
*Krayt

Posted by *Krayt »

He spoke to Alersia panting behind his great helm.

"Everything went awry they entered as we were killing Auren bearing Hesters shape. We need to leave or be at the mercy of their interregation we are all suspects now. It will be Heard to attest our innocence now." He explained to the Alu-fiend.

He handed the bag containing the real corpse to Eloe hastily.

"Here. In case we are caught you stand the best chance of escaping without us."

He made a stiff side-nod at the door.

"Prepare to sneak out and leave if they are too many to kill."

Remaning relatively calm despite the men banging at the door.

"We learned that Count Diterich are coming for the wedding himself. We have two options before us as I see it. One to stay agains't all odds ahd stick with the lie. Two attempt to meet with Diterich before he arrives and give him a fair warning of the intentions of Lycinus which of course is to lay the blame on poor Hester. I say we opt for the latter. Suggestions and pick of choice quickly." He intoned stressfully.

*Alersia

Posted by *Alersia »

*Iggwilv

Posted by *Iggwilv »

After a night of frantic activity Alersia and Mauric find themselves back at Lycinus' keep. The Southern Count dead and the demon taking his place. Around them Dieterich's army has dug in for a lengthy siege. Many of the defenders expect an assault to come. They are out numbered and the northerner's sudden strike took them of guard. Yet it doesn't come. Hesitation is quite unlike their foe who is reputed to be a decisive if ruthless commander. And a rumour breaks amongst the embattled Southern forces; Diterich is dead slain in the fighting. Many of the southern captains seem of a mind to strike now and take advantage but others fear a trap.

Meanwhile in a world far beyond this one stands Itza amidst the tents and the bustle of the planewalkers guild her very grumpy charge in tow.