Doomguard

*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

Doomguard (Sinkers)
Philosophy: Entropy is ecstasy; decay is divine. The verse is supposed to fall apart. WeÂ’re just here to keep leatherheads from interfering.
Factol: Pentar.
Sigil HQ: Armory (The LadyÂ’s Ward).
Home Field: Each negative quasiplane.
Allies: Bleak Cabal, Dustmen.
Enemies: Fraternity of Order, Harmonium.

WITHIN THE RANKS
    Naturally enough, the DoomguardÂ’s hierarchy is a loose one, despite its militaristic outlook. At the top are the factol and the Doomlords (the equivalent of factors), and below that is everyone else. But the factionÂ’s not going to appeal to everyone, especially not cutters who lie to collect and hoard treasure, land, or trinkets. None of that matters to a Doomguard: all thatÂ’s important is focusing on the end. [/li]
ROLEPLAYING THE DOOMGUARD
    The Doomguard doesn’t bother marking namers and factotums: the only distinctions it makes are among faction members who push hard for entropy, those who let nature take its course, and those who slow it all down. ’Course, as the first hunch of Sinkers is usually the most vocal (and violent), the latter two groups often find themselves viewed as agents - tools, really - to be manipulated by ‘right thinking” faction members. This can often lead to blows when Sinkers of different leanings try to work together. But infighting’s natural, they’d say -just another manifestation of decay. The Doomguard‘s one of the factions most open to a body’s personal interpretation of its tenets. Regardless of how a Sinker leans, he always responds to a direct threat to entropy. But the method of that response varies from one body to another, depending on alignment and faction leaning. Say a Hardhead moves to break up a brawl, or an Indep tries to quiet a stampeding herd. A Doomguard who believes in speeding up the decay of the multiverse would physically restrain the berk trying to restore order. Another Sinker might take a longer view: Perhaps letting the Harmonium basher make his arrest is the entropic thing to do, as it may engender more hatred for the Hardheads and eventually spak a mass uprising. A Sinker’s got to live with his own choices, and that extends to personal habits, as well. Some Sinkers use only the newest of gear, delighting in the erosion of virgin materials. Others use equipment that’s passed through many hands, insistent that secondhand articles he shepherded to their demise. And some sport clothing and weapons so old as to be barely functional. ’Course, a Doomguard warrior who fights with a broken sword won’t be much loved by his adventuring group - except perhaps, by a rogue who follows the sinker along, picking up gold coins that drop through the hole in his worn pocket. [/li]
ALIGNMENT
    The Doomguard‘s open to bashers of all alignments. But a Sinker’s world view tends to put him in one of the three competing cliques that’ve popped up in the faction. Those of chaotic alignments usually fall in with the Sinkers who want to accelerate the pace of decay; those of neutral alignments generally agree that the multiverse should crumble at its own pace, with no help or hindrance; and lawful cutters try to hold entropy to a slow crawl. What’s more, these three distinctions are further colored by whether a Sinker leans toward good or evil. Good Sinkers prefer inaction as a method of pushing their agenda - rather than tearing down a new kip, they’d merely stop others from shoring up a decrepit one. But evil Sinkers play a more active role, figuring that it’s better to start a fire than sit around and wait for one. [/li]
CLASS
    Priests with access to the spheres of creation or healing are banned from the Doomguard; their spells are a slap in the face to the forces of entropy. However, all other classes - including priests who canÂ’t use those constructive spheres - may join the faction. Fact is, a SinkerÂ’s class often determines how fiercely he fights for entropy. Many fighters take a direct approach, using their strength and weapon skills to weaken bridges, upend merchantsÂ’ carts, and so on. Wizards and priests tend to step back and more readily grasp the big picture, promoting decay in a subtle, long-range fashion. And rogues like to use their abilities to stir up chaos, rather than build their fortunes - a thief might plant stolen goods in the mayorÂ’s pocket, for example, or a sweettongued bard might incite oppressed masses to riot. [/li]

DOOMGUARD MEMBERSHIP
    The Doomguard’s open to most everyone, but it wants to make sure that an applicant’s not some berk who’ll run around destroying things just for the fun of it. A body looking to sign up must pass three tests to prove his understanding of and devotion to entropy. A candidate should talk to Ely Cromlich or Spragg at the armory; whichever of them is less busy’ll administer the tests. First, the basher must smash one of his weapons to pieces on an outer wall of the Armory, showing both decay and his willingness to surrender his past life. Second, he must take a sack containing no fewer than 500 gold pieces into the Hive Ward and scatter the coins in a public place – if a riot breaks out, all the better. But it’s the third test that usually gives a basher pause: He must prevent the dabus from trimming back the razorvine on any single overgrown building in the Cage for a full day. With communication difficult and combat most likely fatal (especially if the Lady of Pain takes offense at a berk messing with her agents), the applicant must find more creative method of protecting razorvine. Any cutter who passes all there tests is given a Doomguard-forged sword and henceforth considered a Sinker. [/li]
*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

OOC: What's this? Well this is a board in Armory, where Doomguard members can handle their informing.

- Only those with Sinker membership can see this In Character.
- Those whom are not Sinker members will have to learn everything told here in game, in character or in story of some form.

Sinker Board
“Entropy is ecstasy; decay is divine. The verse is supposed to fall apart. We’re just here to keep leatherheads from interfering.”

During this day the Doomguard try to furthen their devotion to their faction by one or more mean, such asÂ…

- Sunder a Magical item or trinket.
- Scatter five hundred gold coins to crowd (in attempt to cast greedy against each other – decay.)
- Destroy a building.
- Prevent Dabus from working.
- Create Decay otherwise.

Additional Information:READ ME!!!
Link One: The Factol's Manifesto; The Doomguard
Link Two: Mimir.net
*Xynisto

Posted by *Xynisto »

Sinkers wanted to help the Leatherheads decay speed up a bit.
Look for the orcs Grum and Togo for more info.

*DemonicResonance

Posted by *DemonicResonance »

The Namer Malachai hangs about the armory one day, polishing his large axe.

I don't know 'bout you guys, but I could use a grand celebration of nothin' in particular soon. You know, just ta throw a big, old fashioned chaotic brawl and see things fall apart!

Who's with me?

He uncorks an ale and after drawing it down in one large swig, he lights his perpetual cigar, sitting with a satisfied grin on his face.
*Ceremorph

Posted by *Ceremorph »

Factol Pentar sits at her desk, a large tome open before her, a peryton-feather stylus in her hand, and a rather silly half-smile plastered upon her lips. Of course, were there anyone to watch they'd see that rather than writing in the tome, she uses the quill to scratch out already existant writing in a book that purports to be "A Detailed Enumeration of Permanent Portals in the Outlands".

"Ah yes, my friend," she says to nobody in particular, her voice having an almost sepulcheral echo within the chamber. Lighter spots upon the floor rugs show where other furniture once sat, while less-faded portions of wall attest to removed artworks above a row of smashed statuary. "You always do come up with the most interesting ideas. The volcanoes, the modron pit-trap, and now this... I'm so glad you're willing to share your wisdom with me."

She nods her head as if someone had responded to her, but only silence fills the air until she breaks it once more. "Yes, this is going to be such fun... I can't wait."

*Ceremorph

Posted by *Ceremorph »

"The only thing better than a plan coming together is a plan falling apart."

In a sleeveless tunic, sweat dripping from her well-muscled form, Pentar works at a forge anvil as she speaks to the air, unmaking a masterwork longsword. "Everything is now in place... I'm only waiting for you to tell me the right time."

She nods as if to a voice heard several times, the blade snapping under her repeated blows and the shards tossed into the vat of molen steel in the Armory's center. Taking a towel, she wipes her limbs dry before shedding the tunic, basking for a moment bare-chested in the sweltering heat of the ironworks before replacing it with her usual breastplate. "Yes, I'll wait, but it needs to be soon. He cannot remain caged much longer. It gives me time to think about our new treasure... she's perfect."
*Captain Vanguard

Posted by *Captain Vanguard »

From the shadows and the silence it waited and watched. It had never found purpose before, it had never found reason to exist. But so much had been set into this plan that the mind of The Ashen turned like a thousand gears all spinning with madness and desire.
It watched the idle banter of random Sigilites and known faces. The work of chaos had begun and the crusade of madness was at hand. To The Ashen, this was a glorious cause and a righteous path to follow. It was making Factol Pentar pleased with her own deeds while feeling a sense of self importance. For the first time the whirring mind of the blackened figure actually felt consiousness.

In the silence it spoke to itself: There is so much work to be done. The Ashen feels the hymn of the madness calling to its shell. It is such a beautiful dance, it wonders how much the river of blood shall wash upon the cobblestone floor when all of the plan comes to fruitition. It knows the hour is dawning, it knows the time has come. Order, must, fall, apart. It will see to the will of Pentar and the smiles of its masters shall be its indulgance. And when the final blade has been cast and the shell of sanity shattered, it will bask as equals to its lords and serve the will of the void, itself.

...But there is, so much to do. Or rather, so much to "un" do.

For the first time under its masked hood, The Ashen formed a twitch of an expression.

It smiled.
*Captain Vanguard

Posted by *Captain Vanguard »

In days and hours it had achieved absoleute chaos. The gas attack on the Mercykillers would have come as a rather shocking revalation. The second warning had been given and unexpected was the result.

Promotion? So rapidly had she accended The Ashen was almost hesitant to embrace the new opportunity. After consideration however, it realised this was the perfect chance to demonstrate its chaos as magesty.

Without a second thought it grasped the title.

Doomlord Ashen...

It liked that name.
*Ceremorph

Posted by *Ceremorph »

Sitting upon the great anvil in the Armory, Factol Pentar swings her legs off the edge, laughing softly. "Isn't it wonderful? The Anarchs and Hardheads will come to blows, and so much destruction is certain to ensue."

"Yes, yes. You pull the strings, and the puppets dance. But I'll not put off what needs to be done much longer, mortal." A growling sound, its tone an odd note sounding almost as if three voices were present: one speaking the words while two others babbled mindlessly behind it, was all that could be sensed of whatever being stood within a mass of shadow to the side. The only certainty is that whatever it was, it was huge. "My vengeance on my foe has waited long enough."

"I'm not keeping you from your fun, my sweet entropic one. Go forth, and do whatever you will." The Factol's smile is wide, her eyes even moreso, shining with an almost manic fervor. "Entropy awaits you, Barxyxl."
*Mabus

Posted by *Mabus »

Orion entered the Armory, walking past the radiant forges. They warmed his armor as he strode by in great strides, his shield and great sword clanging against his green-tinted armor, and fraying cape that ended with many strands of thread at its end. A burning spark flew into his cloak burning another hole among the ones already pitting the leather and cloth. Still he strode past, his skin beginning to perspire from the heat, and cooling shortly after leaving the area. He left a note with the factor for factol Pentar then turned back heading down the cooridoor that lead to his personal room. he pushed the rusty metallic door, swinging it open with the sound of dry metal grinding on metal as the door slams shut behind him. He looked around his room, his eyes crossing the rusting and oxydized metal plate attatched to a wall that reads "Entropy is extasy; decay is divine." then to the large amount of scrap metal he had piled in one corner consisting of various broken and breaking items wondering what he should do with it. Suddenly he had a great idea......

He heads to the Great Bazaar writing an add and posting it near Khazeet's.

((Note to Factol Pentar reads...))

Factol, it is with the greatest respect that I pen you this note. I wished to inform you that I have been spreading the great philosophy of entropy and decay about for some time. I've been witness to great feats of entropy, and have marveled in the recent destructions wrought by Cager bloods recently, even almost succumbing to the destruction of Khazeet's personally. Quite frankly, I feel I could take on further, more personally rewarding tasks. Should any "projects" become known, I believe I could be of assistance in any matter if it assists the cause that is both ours' and that of the multiverse. I am volunteering for any of these tasks which may become available, and in the meantime, will continue to spread our cause in any manner possible. I can be found in my personal room within the faction HQ.

Sincerely,
Orion

~"Entropy is ecstasy; decay is divine!"~