Cromlich: Reclaiming The Lost

*Mabus

Posted by *Mabus »

The hulking figure that was Orion entered the chamber and stopped just inside the room. His heavy plate armor, covered in patches of rust accompanied by the many scrapes, gouges, and dents, made creaks and high-pitched scrapes as he moved. His gaze swept across the room through the slits in his great plated helm, his eyes stopping momentarily on Zephon before his great strides took him across the room, around the table stopping just long enough to lift the heavy helm from his head setting it down upon the table with a loud "clang!" followed by his massive great swords one by one before taking a seat before the lot. He sat stone-faced waiting patiently for the others to arrive so that he may assess what kind of fodder had taken up residence among the faction in his absence.
*Tomekk

Posted by *Tomekk »

Ra'zeth entered the chamber shortly afterwards, taking the scenic route around the Armory to avoid the majority of the Destroyters. Entering the room and seeing no one particularly familiar, he'd offer a short nod and head for the nearest chair, his charred, adamantine scale-mail rattling on the way. Before taking his seat, he'd set the massive greataxe from his back against the table, a paradoxical weapon forged from holy, mercurial silver on top of a handle carved from vile Twelvetrees bark.

He'd give those already at the table a quick glance, before leaning back with arms crossed, and awaiting the rest.
*Trigonometry

Posted by *Trigonometry »

For those who knew him, Barbatos' smell announced his presence in advance. The rotting Sinker appearing seemingly out of nowhere, dragging his feet heavily and holding onto festering wounds as he struggled to even breathe. It made one wonder how one wouldn't have noticed him prior. Perhaps it was because of how the shadows clung to his every movement. His prowess to remain unseen was clearly supernatural.

He would stumble through the room until he found a suitable corner to brood in, the Cambion not beeing in too much of a talkative mood. Or perhaps, his condition had worsened suffeciently to make him unable to talk if the bloating of his throat was of any indication.
*Scintilla

Posted by *Scintilla »

It was a further quarter-notch on the candle until the steady footsteps of a recognizable gait echoed in the stairwell beyond entrance; the rattle of arms and armor heralding the arrival of the Factol. With the inward swing of heavy door, the force behind which sent it careening on hinges to beat upon stone wall, Pentar's svelte, spiked form eased with slow contrast into the dim light of the room. A wide, charismatic smile hung on her lips; off beat and ever-eager.

"Doomguard," the woman announced both her presence and greeted with singular term. Around table's circumference she then did venture, long raven hair following freely in her wake. The door was closed, firmly so, and the Factol took her position at the 'head' of the table; standing alongside the chair of spiked and spiraled aesthetic. Her hand came to rest thereupon with survey of those seated, curling about the base of a particularly wicked shard of ivory that was paid ministration of a caressing thumb. "As I gaze upon you, I see Emissaries of Entropy. Disciples of Decay. Heralds of Havoc."

"Some, are faces new to me" spoke Pentar, gesturing with unoccupied hand toward the likes of Barbatos and Zephon. "Others, are those long absent and welcomed anew," she indicated Orion with a small incline of her head. A pause followed; punctuated by the shift of attention toward the empty chair known to have been occupied in past by the Doomlord Ashterot. Factor; now absent. The woman seemed to take note of this as she addressed the room anew.

"Ever since it became theoretically evident that your precious personal identities were just brand-tags for trading crumbs of labor-power, the vestiges of authoritative theatricality have been wearing thinner" she proclaimed with a measure of pride, slender digits tracing the tapering length of the spike upon which hand rested. That same brush of fingertips over deadly point and the subsequent movement of spiked bracer traversing the steel and stone of throne with piercing screech, coaxed from she a subtle, seemingly pleasurable, flutter of long lashes in reaction. "However, several months prior to present, a traitor within Armory's walls exposed actions-to-be upon loosened tongue to operatives of the Triad. A valuable asset, one of your own, paid the price - and yet pays it still."

The words that followed were spoken with a lift of slender chin and the air of direct order.
"You have been tasked with ensuring the freedom, and return, of Ely Cromlich."
*edmaster44

Posted by *edmaster44 »

The vampiress took her seat, she looked to the others with an empty, detached look, turning to the Factol. "I heard the bell tolls! Which walls must be brought down to decay and ruins to ensure the freedom of this captor, let my songs ring far and wide, for decay will surely follow,..." She took her seat and awaited further instructions..
*Mabus

Posted by *Mabus »

Orion's eyes immediately locked on to Pentar the moment she entered the room, and followed her to her seat. His concentration hung upon each and every word that fell from her lips. Upon hearing about a traitor amidst the faction, his brow furrowed and his eyes narrowed scanning every member in the room for any sign that the guilty, treasonous coward was present. His ears continued to hear Pentar's flowing words. He's been away for too long and much has transpired since his absence.

He responds with a low booming voice,
"First I'd like to know any information there might be with regards to this traitor. Do we know who they are? Or anything about them? Have they been taken care of already? And with regards to Cromlich, I need to know all the chant there is about him. Where he's being held for starters."

*Hydra

Posted by *Hydra »

The lesser Doomguard Itzalia punched Valenthia softly shaking her head, before she rose to speak.

- With all due respect to you Factol... You ask us to bring back a "man" who refused to listen to reason and rushed into battle knowing he would fall into a trap and who actually fell in the hands of the Triad due to his incompetence. The treachery was known before the battle and yet he refused to listen. What kind of value does a failure a man like this has for the faction ? Are you asking us to act out of pure charity for a fool ?
*Tomekk

Posted by *Tomekk »

The drow Doomguard nodded in approval.

"He was warned and led a battalion to a certain defeat and capture. Why don't we bring back all those strong arms instead of that incompetent rat?"
*Mabus

Posted by *Mabus »

((Having freshly been debriefed on what happened))

Orion stood up, towering over the stone table. His black eyes gazing out over the lot seated about it. "I have heard the details regarding the attack, and the defeat. Cromlich's intentions were in our favor. His mind was passionate and unyielding. They are admirable traits, even if he refused to listen to reason." Orion paused then continued, his voice solid as the stone table beneath his fists.

"If you wish to point fingers and place blame, do so on the one who betrayed, not just the Doomguard, but Cromlich as well. I don't think Cromlich deserves our ire for he was not the one who betrayed us. We should not shun a brother whose intentions were solely to better the position of the Doomguard! I speak only for myself, but I will do what needs to be done to bring our brother home. You're all welcome to come along...we can use any special abilities you as individuals would bring to the mission. The more that come, the better we may succeed."

The corner of Orion's mouth curls up slightly. You can tell it's not something that happens often.

"Besides, just imagine the havoc we might wreak on the Mercykillers. That alone should be incentive enough."

He stands tall, his broad chest pushed out, as he nods to Pentar with those final words.
*Huelander

Posted by *Huelander »

Zephon rose from his seat after Orion's declaration, and finally spoke. The multitude of his voices filling the chamber with a rebounding ressonance. As if he was to be found around any nearby corner. Every note and intonation was sung in a harmonic chorus. Despite the smooth, suple voice of the creature, every empathised word sounded like stones grinding eachother away.

"If this is your Desire, Factol Pentar. Then I, too, shall see to realize the return of our Armory's Foreman. Alive or otherwise~"

His attention panned across the others present in the chamber. "We may not value Ely Cromlich. He is but a man, destined to die. Rotting away, either free or in chains. Failures in the past have reduced his agency to be inconsequential, but now it serves us. For now, the threads of his fate hang on our very whims~" The fiend's gilded gaze appraised Pentar a second time. "Remember this, Factol, as we prove ourselves his greaters."

He sat himself back down, throwing one leg over the other in leaning back. Offering an upheld palm across the table. "For is that not why we choose to sit here? These man-made constructs, these Factions. Their existence challenges the reign of the very Powers themselves. Those whom, since the dawn of ages, have heralded themselves the sole truth of this Multiverse. But now their truths, too, can die." The offered palm clenched into a fist as he paused dramatically. The silence is vast and sudden in the absence of his many voices, before one of them quickly speaks a proposal in solitude. "If this act of mercy grants us the Factol's boon, we should take it."