Cromlich: Reclaiming The Lost

*Hydra

Posted by *Hydra »

Itzalia didn't even blinked nor had any anger when she replied, looking at Zephron.

"If you really wanted to good of the faction, you wouldn't want to bring a weakling like Cromlich one who has been within the faction for ten years and remained a factotum while others liked Ashtoret and I outranked him.

She then turned to look face the Factol

"As for my worth Factol, I leave you to judge it since you promoted me and even asked Cromlich to deliver by badge in person. I also wish to remind I fought countless battles, including an ambush in the sewers alongside the Doomlord Ashtoret, an ambush we actually escaped. However, I'm not here to brag about my acheivements for they'll be dead and forgotten once entropy swallow us all... No, I'm simply talking about the interest of our faction. Right now I stand as a voice of dissent, of conflict, yet openly expressing myself for we all know that conflicts brew entropy but it also make us stronger, blind obedience is the illusion of those who believe they can exist forever if they do the "right thing". That's why I'm questioning this ordeal. Shall we risk another conflict with the Mercykillers by openly attacking their belongings instead of persuading them to give us Cromlich without violence and thus spread suspicion within the ranks of the Triad as the Harmonium and the Fraternity would frown upon such an act ?"
*Scintilla

Posted by *Scintilla »

From Orion to Zephon the Factol's attention shifted, allowing each speaker the full weight of her attention on he. In the wake of cambion's proclamation, she had dipped her head in an agreeable manner; nodding twice in manner mildly eager. Lips curled faintly for the melodramatic poetry of the incubus, the woman evidently finding some measure of entertainment in the choir of voices and their proposition. Itzalia's rebuttal was one met with far less enthusiasm. An understatement, born on the wings of derision as she was addressed.

"If you take issue with the value I place in Cromlich, Sinker, than perhaps you would enjoy finding yourself stripped of the rank you dare to challenge me with - sat alongside the vats, crafting the weapons that none aside from the tanar'ri himself know how to forge. That is, unless, you can't replicate those same skills and knowledge..." Pentar's hands lowered to the arms of her chair, bearing the woman's slender weight as she rose to stand anew. In that moment, literal or imagined, the distant roar of furnace and the sounds of the Cage beyond all seemed to fall silent at the Factol's feet. Spragg shifted in the corner, his weary eyes flitting between the two before inevitably coming to rest on Pentar with an expression contorted in concern and fear. He knew what was to follow.

"You who neglects their transformation, who refuses to bind themselves to decay, whom bares her face yet still... you, girl, are so very far from the same page as Doomlord Ashterot you are in another book entirely; one laden with pictures and drawings for children." The words were uttered with the dangerous singsong of mania; venom that coated the tip of silver tongue and marked words with complete and utter poignancy of mortal insignificance. "You do not decide in whom I place my worth, nor decide whom or what has value over such trivial nugatory as rank."

It was then Pentar's head tilted back with the utterance of untamed laughter; a chorus of cackled notes that tapered off into erotic breathlessness and questionable shiver. Suffice to say, the woman was enjoying herself. At the drop of a hat, the Factol's fingers snapped, abruptly, with a wild gaze in Spragg's direction - one that sent the spindly man shuffling for the door at unspoken command. A trick of the eye, perhaps, or a passing breeze behind closed door; it seems almost as though the intensity of the Pentar's aura was enough to gently tousle lengths of raven hair in a formidable manner.

"If you wish to engage in a resolution of non-violence, Sinker, then make your case. Paint for those present a picture of words that they might judge the possibility of success and make their own decision. Map for them a solution, if you have it, that might explain for them why they should kneel and lick the boots of the Triad when it is they who have been wronged by dissent not unlike that which spews from your mouth. That is why you are gathered, as was stated. To offer unto you opportunity to decide for yourselves how this will happen."
*edmaster44

Posted by *edmaster44 »

The Vampire looked at Itazlia and to the Factol with a blank detached look as she averted her gaze upwards, strumming on her old bloodied lute "A resolution...., words echoing in their ears, do we think they would listen to us? We ? me? Perhaps? Perhaps not, we are not seers you see, Just a simple and humble minstrel.... "
*Tomekk

Posted by *Tomekk »

The drow sighs in his chair, speaking once the two have finished their clangor.

"We don't have the resources to risk a full on war by provoking the Mercykillers. We can pretend that our superior weaponry will carry us to victory, but we're low on manpower compared to the Triad and in the end, ten peasants with pitchforks can still murder a well armored knight. With the loss of the battalion in Undersigil, we're even worse off... not to mention we don't have a whole plane to siphon resources from.

I propose a more subtle approach. Rather than focusing on recovering only our soldiers from whatever shithole that is, we should instead crack the entire prison open from within, and lay the blame on the sodding Anarchists, who'll be probably more than happy to claim it as their doing... however, that weapons we cannot use one of our ships, but only more conventional means which even the Revolutionaries can replicate.

But... if we are to do this, Cromlich is to stand trial in front of the Doomlords for his inability to lead and hear reasoning, which costed us not only a battalion of soldiers, but another mark on our already tarnished reputation and yet another loss of morale; which is so fockin' shyte we might aswell not mention it."

With that he leans back into the chair, awaiting Pentar's response with a cold expression.
*Mabus

Posted by *Mabus »

Orion responds, "I have been absent for some time and it is apparent much has transpired within that time frame. I would know the details leading up to Cromlich's capture."

Orion waits patiently for someone to fill in this gap, of probably many.

((I'm assuming this was something that happened while I was gone. If it is something more cannon-related, Orion would probably know about it and I will adjust my post accordingly))
*Scintilla

Posted by *Scintilla »

The Factol's piercing gaze flittered expressionlessly over the vampire before moving onto Orion at his question. For any unacquainted with Pentar it was perhaps a strange thing: the way her eyes lit up at mention of a traitor. For certainly, there seemed some subtle revelry in the chaos wrought - even to their detriment. "We do not," spoke the raven-haired beauty, gesturing toward the cambion in response to query. "It may even be that the traitor is seated among you even as we speak. Would that not be an ironic twist?" Pentar laughed, then, a chaotic tumble of notes that ricochet between the walls and filled the ears of all present.

Slowly did her chair scrape across the chipped surface of the floor's cobbled stone, heavy and unyielding, but the Factol herself did not yet sit. "Cromlich, and an additional number of the Doomguard forces, are currently being detained in Vorkehan, the Red Death stronghold at the gates of Acheron." Pentar intoned, her gaze between each of those seated from one to the next. Breath rasped with explanation of the trials to be faced, trembling with salacious enthusiasm. "Walls topped with adamantine spikes whose tips burn with witchfire, blanketed by purifying acid of fountains and more. If found guilty and convicted, the likelihood of location would place him in the vicinity of the Mines of Marsellin..."

Extracting her hand from the spines of iron throne, Pentar's palms met at her fore; rubbing together in restless silence as Itzalia stood and made her proclamation. "Incompetent, a fool." Itzalia's words were repeated on Factol's lips as skull-bound boots took punctuating stride for each utterance. "These are bold words you speak, Sinker. Quite the contrast to your vocal attempts at avoiding any and all confrontation, " the Factol spoke after several beats of silence, a silence that was accompanied only by the woman's footsteps on approach. "Particularly considering you did not stand among them, at his side, in the depths of Under Sigil."

Obsidian lashes narrowed, openly hinting her displeasure as her face drew nearer Itzalia's own. "Ely Cromlich has proven his loyalty several times over. Ely Cromlich has proven his competence, several times over." Warm breath danced a deadly caress over the woman's cheek's in proximity, broken only by the attention of Ra'zeth on her right. Down came Pentar's fist upon the table between the two, harshly, before flattening out with gently splayed fingers. "Until the same can be said for any of you - that you might be worth even a sliver of efficacy that he has brought to this faction, to me, and to the convulsion of dying stars that is our syphilitic inheritance - you might think twice about speaking such hazardous words."

The smile that hung on her lips occurred in slow crawl, a building crescendo that rose as the thunders of turbulent caution waned. Drawing back from between the two with a glare that promised only threat of pain, footsteps echoed with slow pace back to table's head. It was then Pentar took her seat; longbow rattling as she settled in for the meeting ahead. As always, comfort was not an issue, arms and armor remaining firmly fixed to feminine frame. When she spoke next, it was a poetic address that thrum with tenor to all those in the room.

"How you go about your success, it is that which I leave in your hands. This is your opportunity, should you heed the call. Entropy, glorious and harsh, sprawls vast beyond all suns, sheltered by the sharp flickerlip of flame and silence, cold mother of all gods, hers is the deep surrender. Will you succumb to it? Therein lies the question. Now is your time to turn away, to walk, if you are not up to the task. If you feel unable to prove your worth. Or, will you rise to the challenge? Be it through words, be it through actions... be it negotiation, silent steps, or viscous assault that would surely see the tags you claim scattered throughout pages of the Deadbook... "

Leaning back in her chair, Pentar gestured for discussion with a roll of her wrist and promptly steepled her fingers to listen. Whatever was to be done, whatever plans were to be made, whichever voices were to be heard - now was the time to see outcome shaped.
*Scintilla

Posted by *Scintilla »

Valenthia's contribution went largely ignored in the wake of Ra'zeth's proposition, cold expression met only with a silent stare. This lasted several minutes of silence, giving Spragg enough time to return, close the door and stride tentatively to the Factol's side. From his hand to hers passed singular vial, it's contents clear save the radiance of a dim glow. Gratitude was expressed through a simply, murmured "thank you" - glare unrelenting on the drow across the table.

"Allow me a moment to properly visualize..." intoned the planar woman, gradually sliding the vial of holy water onto the table. It was not a gesture hidden, but one that spoke volumes should she be further tested. Slowly, then, did Pentar turned from the table, clasping both hands behind her back, and began to pace; hold breaking only to roll a wrist as she spoke. "You wish to avoid a war with the Red Death... by laying siege to their largest impenetrable fortress... using forces you stated we do not have... and this is, by your definition, subtle?"

The Factol's heels came together in halt as she faced the east wall. A mutter sounded on her lips to none in particular, with all the flourish of indulged upon profanity. Turning her head phlegmatically, raven hair tumbled over her shoulder with return of attention toward the table. Spragg, perhaps sensing the calm before the storm, retreated to his position against the wall as Pentar's lips parted for address. "And you have the audacity to make demands pertaining the punishment of a man you've dubbed as an incompetent rat for actions far less mephit than what you propose?"

Lifting her chin in a majestic manner, the intensity of the woman's gaze shifted from the drow to the remainder of those seated; drinking the reaction and expression of present Doomguard with silent judgement. A single brow arched, expectant.
*Tomekk

Posted by *Tomekk »

The drow shakes his head, struggling to keep his annoyance to the insult-ladden human in check.

"Maybe if the honorable Factol would actually listen to my words, rather than cherry picking something to bite on, they'd answer their own questions. Do Anarchist lay siege to castles they cannot possibly hope to bring down from the outside? No. They're like maggots, who burrow their way into a fruit and make it rot from within, their effort causing the whole thing to collapse on itself.

To reiterate, I advise we infiltrate the prison wing and start a riot. In the midst of the ensuing chaos, we can extract ourselves and those we deem important by any number of methods. This is their primary fortress as you said, I somehow doubt logistics dictates that their highest security prison should be right next to their supplies, armory, and what not, does it?

Getting in is the tricky part, but the easiest seems to be intercepting a prisoner transport... that's where our ships might come in handy, actually, and it'll be far enough without witnesses to not lead any suspicion towards us."
*Scintilla

Posted by *Scintilla »

"Maggots..." the woman echoed, her gaze lingering on the drow as she spoke in a mockery of sugar-coated response. Indeed, as brutal as she was charismatic, Pentar's sharp tongue and quick wit was a trait serving admirably a disciple of chaos; particularly against those whom might somehow find wisdom in challenging the Doomguard Factol. "... soft-bodied, spineless, legless larvae... yes. I am familiar."

Brushing aside the straying wisps of wild, untamed tresses, Pentar turned on heel and made her returning approach to the table; that very same deranged smile carved into otherwise alluring features. Draping herself over the spines of her chosen seat, she stood at it's rear and rested upon her palm a slender jaw. "It is not me you have to convince," she went on to state in delirious purr, long lashes drawn to expression best noted as predatory. "It's them." Gesture was made, sweeping with the splay of fingers over those seated before returning to the idle fondle of deadly spikes.

"Convince them that the 'Revolutionary League', imagined or otherwise, would go out of their way to leave the Cage and attempt a riot-based assault on a stronghold of the Red Death." With growing disinterest in the drow's arguments, Pentar reaffirmed the purpose for the meeting at hand.

"We are made sick by our avidity to survive, and in our sickness is the thread that leads back and nowhere, because we belong to the end of the universe. Whatever it is you all decide upon as the best course of action, it shall be both your decision and your opportunity to impress me. In that same light, all will share the same consequences of failure. Now is the time. Make your plans, Doomguard. Discuss."

Attention shifted from the vocal few to those more agreeable, then, to the utterly silent.

[[ OOC: Tomekk, as a courtesy please time stamp your posts if you intend to go back and edit them in future - particularly when it's done after receiving an IC response. Cheers. ]]
*Huelander

Posted by *Huelander »

The Incubus of the assembly fingered something out from between his teeth, idly flicking it on the nearby ground as he listened to their exchange. He mused over the proposal, and then spoke once more.

"My, what venom makes its round in this aerial. Delightful. However these plans do not suffice. For if we wish to truly succeed, we must cast to the void the very notion that he belongs in the Prison at all. What is Cromlich worth to them? Not enough to engage in open conflict against us. They know what losses they might sustain, victorious or not. It'd be too deep a sacrifice for the sake of a single prisoner. . ."

Speaking animately, his hands capture the interest as they silently empathise spoken word.

"So instead, what they will do once he is found missing. . .Is hunt him down in our own backyards in a bid to see him returned in their clutches. And given many of you don't even seem to 'want' him back, would such a consequence ever be worth it? The more elegant solution is to make the Triad return him to us. For those are the chains that bind the Red Death. This is the weakness in their armor, this is what we must use against them."

He took a moment to reflect on his own words, his plethora of voices colluding with oneanother softly. Whispering amusedly in abyssal before he resumes.

"Can we not strike a deal to appease a particularly ambitious and influential Guvner? Have them draft an order of release. It'd sting all the worse to his captors, no~?"