Application

*Veylandemar

Posted by *Veylandemar »

The elf let her lips crack into a slight grin. "Inquisitive, aren't you?"
She eased herself off the arm of the divan and sat beside Sasha.

"You're correct in that a recording captures more than just one form of sensory input. It is just that we rather prefer to have new inductees provide experiences that highlight the use of each particular sense."

"As for the recordings themselves, initially your attending Sensate - in this case, most likely myself - will be witness to the experiences, but once the recordings have concluded, the decision is yours as to whether you would make them available it the Public Sensorium to which any might partake in them, or the Private Sensorium, to which only members of the Society are typically permitted to peruse."

"Be there any other questions that you would care to voice?"
*MimiFearthegn

Posted by *MimiFearthegn »

Sasha considered this for a moment, then shook her head. "No, I think I'm ready to record my experiences, if you're willing to walk me through the process."
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

A letter is sent to Factol Sarin's office:
wrote: Honoured Factol,

I hereby apply to the position as Liasion officer to Arcadia.

My recent assignment there was most rewarding for our cause and I want to offer my insights and my contacts made there to ensure a tighter cooperation in the name of our goals.

I attached my references to this letter for you to review.

Hograth Thorn, Measure II

<a seal showing a dragon's claw and an arcane mark showing something similar>
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

"Alright."

A quick salute and he leaves, heading down to the vaults where he knows the clerics keep the reposed bodys.

Quickly going through the records after greting the Notary in charge of the paperwork down there he heads to the slab with the deceased trooper.

Giving the corpse a quick glance he then adresses the Cleric.

"What do we have?"
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

The priest, a thin balding man in Harmonium mail and baring a holy symbol of a power Hogarth has never seen looks up. His pale features make him appear as if he would be more at home amongst The Dustmen than The Harmonium.

"Asphyxiation. He was strangled from behind. We believe that his attacker used a thin sharp wire. Whoever they were they knew enough to get up and under his helm. His neck is not broken which would suggest an attacker smaller in build than you, given the angle of the wound the two of them were of roughly the same height."
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

He nods, looks down at the man- examines the corpse with the detached curiosity of a man who is ised to the dead and undead- examines how deeply the wire cut into the flesh.

"Could it have been a woman? We often think them weak so turn our back to them more easily.... hm. Nevermind.

Are there signs of more than one attacker involved?

And has he been questioned by using Necromancy?"

*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

After a few days waiting a letter arrives in Hogarth's office.
wrote:
Measure

I have read through your references and they do you credit.  Through out your career you have demonstrated a grasp of command and a method of policing that encourages greater interaction with the populace. 

Arcadia's lawful population and peaceful state require neither of these admirable qualities.  The current situation in the Bazzar however does.  To that end I am assigning you to the investigation of the recent murder of Harmonium personal there.  You will liaise with Measure Larris who is responsible for The Ward and assist with spreading harmony there.

May The Scourge Strengthen you

Mover I Cecilia Tels
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

Hograth curses- as he often does when reading a letter from that woman- and the first thing he does afterwards is getting up and pouring himself a cup of tea.

Then he sits down and meditates, finding calm and solace in the teaching of the Ruby Sorceress, focusing his mind.

Then he sets up his reply.
wrote: To: Cecilia Tels, Mover I, Harmonium

Mover,

I will contact the Measure immediately, trusting in my superiors abilities to judge where my talents serve the faction most.

However to use this talents I will need the authority to make decision without the danger of being overridden by those who might not like my personal style of handling things.

Of course I trust you to give me the means and authority to succeed in the task given to me.

Hograth Thorn, Measure II, Harmonium

<a seal showing a dragon's claw and an arcane mark showing something similar>

After filing the papers correctly he carries that letter to the Mover's office herself, giving it to her aide before heading down to Measure Larris' room, knocking.

*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

As he knocks the door swings open. Larris sits behind his desk. The room is bare there are no personal effects, no ornaments, no pictures of family nothing. He stands as Hogarth enters and approaches, he has something of a swagger about him, even in the fullplate he wears. He stops inches away from Hogarth and although the half orc is taller Larris stands tall enough to look him in the eye. Everything about his body language screams confrontation. By now Hogarth may have learned this is the only way he knows how to be.

"Come in Thorn. I have a good guess as to why you are here."
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

"Sir."

Hograth saluted when he entered- after all this man is still of higher rank and Hograth is painfully aware about the leash the Hextorites hold.
Of course he knows why Tels sent him here and he will not disappoint her- she might be a pain in the ass somehow but he respects her and perhaps even started to trust (like?) that woman.

When the other measure aproaches him he stands his ground, clasps his hands behind his back, standing in a rather relaxed pose. He is not afraid of the man, does not let himself being provoked easily.

"I was assigned by Mover Tels to investigate the recent deaths of Harmonium personnel."

He locks his eyes with Larris', now resting his hands on his hips as he continues.

"What is the situation, what is going on out there?"