Application

*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

Hograth takes some notes quickly then nods to the priest.

"We shall leave his remains their peace, too soon this trooper's sands were spent.

Please finish your work then deliver it to the Mortuary with my apologies for the delay."

*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

The body seems to relax, and then it jerks back upward violently.

"Rose Stansfield. Need to find her."

The body then collapses. The thin pale priest remains motionless apart fromhis eyes which turn in his head to look at Hogarth.

"Its never done that before."
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

This of course got the Half Orc's attention.

"It is unusual indeed. Can this be some kind of programmed behavior?"

He was scribbling down the name quickly- trying to remember if he ever read about something like this in his studies at the temple.

((I will edit my post above after Hograth is finished with the Cleric and update the note he sends to his superiors accordingly))
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

The corpse drops back and hangs limp. A horribly eggy sulpher smell fill the room and then it id joined by the scent of burning flesh as smoke and then flame rise from the corpse. The flesh and hair burning away leaving a blackened skeleton. The priest shakes his head.

"I have never seen anything like it. It is almost as if he did not want to come back but he burned out the spell and his own remains to get the last message across."

Hogarth does not recall the name, nor has he heard of this happening but magic and tending the dead is not his role within the temple.
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

He returns to his office, puzzled by what happened, by what made this corpsemobilize this most unusual strenght.
Then he is requesting Notary Simmon's file (and if possible inviting him to his office) and also whatever information can be found about Rose Stansfield.

Then he is sending a copy of the report of what he learned to his superiors, attached to the following note:
wrote: 

Report II/2 to Case 118/A
By Hograth Thorn, Measure II

Questioning the remains by magical means gave a rather surprising result:

The corpse seemed to channel all remaining power into uttering a last message:
"Rose Stansfield. Need to find her."

Also Namer Dace Andor of the Mercykillers quotes an anonymous contact who thinks the killer might be a Shadowdancer.

As with all anonymous sources I think this information is brest to be taken with a pinch of salt especially as hiding skills like those shown by the Shadow Dancers are also taught in several assassin cults.

For now I will  follow the leads given by the corpse.

Hograth Thorn.

<a seal showing a dragon's claw and an arcane mark showing something similar>

He then waits for the requested documents as well as to hear from the Notary.
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

It does not take long for him to find out about the name Rose Stansfield, she was recently reported by her parents as a missing person. Notary Delwood was in charge of the search for her. Before he can look into it more there is a knock on his door and a man in Notary's uniform enters and removes his helm. His badge identifies him as Notary Simmions.

"You wanted to see me sir?"
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

"Yes Notary, please take a seat."

Hograth gestures to the chair in front of the table.

"I have a few question- it won't take long.

First: you are not in any trouble so relax, trooper."

He smiles, then goes on:

"As you might know already I am investigating the death of Notary Delwood.
I was told that he filled in for you as you were unable to perform your duties this day.

What happened that day?"
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

He seems more dejected than tense.

"It should have been me not Rick."

He seems to realize where he is.

"Sorry Sir. I was scheduled for the night watch around Undersigil. I had dinner with my family the day before, I think the fish was undercooked, I could barely stand up and leave the privy."
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

Hograth nods, gets up to pour himself and the trooper a shot of some Oerthian brandy.

"Don't blame yourself. Things like this happen and we will get the one who did this."

He does not mention that they only have few leads, that the killer might not be found easiy. It is not what the man needs to hear right now- but he also needs to know a few things.

"Is there something or someone who wants you dead? If there is you still might be in danger.

Also.. do you know the name Rose Stansfield?"
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

He sits down and takes the drink back quickly.

"I don't think anyone wants me dead any more than anyone else wants a Hardhead dead. I know the name though. She was a missing person. Notary Delwood was investigating her suspected kidnapping sir."