Sign of Zero

*Azulfae

Posted by *Azulfae »

Kail having discovered his talent to make simple jink and coinage vanish with concentration has started to fill his days wandering sigil under invisibility and stealth concentrating his mind on the purses of takers as they fill them with coins taken as tax in the bazaar.

He finds this endlessly fun yet something is lacking. He feels he is capable of so much more.

Posted in the Doomguard Armoury.

Sign of Zero, seeking mentor of great ability.

Kail Onifhet
*Azulfae

Posted by *Azulfae »

A new trick Kail likes to openly display himself doing is sitting in the Armoury kicking back with a brandy and reading a book.

Those who are observant will see the pages unwrite themselves as he reads.

It is as if each tiny letter of each word becomes thought out of existance as it passes through his visual cortex.

A few empty paged books lay in a pile on the table though as he finishes new books the pile no longer seems to become bigger.
*Loki_999

Posted by *Loki_999 »

Dorian passes by Kail and stops to observe.

"That is an interesting thing you are doing there brother. Have you tried it on something... larger?"
*Azulfae

Posted by *Azulfae »

"It is not so much size that is the problem it is a matter of the substance of a thing. Things of little importance or little substance are more easily concentrated out of existance. More substancial things, for example a living being, entity, mechanical contraption, Mythallar, Dragon, a world excetera excetera, these things have more of a hold upon reality.

I am not entirely sure though if it is that I need to believe these things are of less importance to be able to make them non existant or if it is merely the power of my believing they do not exist needs to match up to the import of the subject.

Also the most interesting thing and this I have to say is art, is uh... well it's easier if I show you."

Kail took one of the blank paged books on the table and stood it on it's edge. He place a tall candle next to the book and allowed the candle to cast a shadow of the book on the table.

"Watch the shadow Dorian. Concentrate on it really hard."

After the passing of a moment Kail looked to Dorian with a smirk waiting for his brother to realise the shadow was all that remained and that the book was there no more.
*Loki_999

Posted by *Loki_999 »

"Fascinating" exclaimed Dorian when he finally realized what he was seeing. "Have you shared this knowledge with anyone?"

"I wonder, what could be done if several minds concentrated on the same thing. I think it may be a good idea to start a..." he paused, searching for the right word, Sigillian common being quite distinct from that of his homeworld "... collective? Something about this as well, it smells like something the Signers get up to. Do you have any contacts within the Signers? Perhaps we can find someone with a sympathetic mind to the cause of decay. Someone more, practiced shall we say?"

Dorian's brow knotted in thought behind his mask. "I shall see what i can do to aid you in this brother. I shall check the archives for information and see what else may be of use."

"Do you wish to bring your ability to the attention of Pen..." he pauses for a second then changes what he was about to say "...someone higher in the heirachy?"

((Dorian at this point has not seen the sign in the armoury mentioning the Sign of Zero and we can also presume he so far has not made the connection... Kail may want to illuminate this for him... or not))
*Azulfae

Posted by *Azulfae »

"I am but an amateur my friend. Pentar can find out when someone more capable has helped me become useful. I wouldn't want to dissapoint her."
*Loki_999

Posted by *Loki_999 »

Dorian chuckles "Indeed not. Indeed."
*Azulfae

Posted by *Azulfae »

Kail returns later that day and pens a note for Dorian.

Dorian,

I have had the most fascinating afternoon. A fine looking young Signer, Caterianna I believe she was called, was meddling about trying to create a statue of a man. Wren I believe him called.

As she did such she nearly wavered out of existance. Interestingly he did not want a statue of himself made. I wonder if this could have contributed to her failure and the devastating effects or possibly my negative aura that I was so strongly eminating her way as she tried to do such a thing.

Shortly after this event I took some time to talk with her and with her guidance and help we willed a coin into existance.

I know creating something is not really beneficial to the doomguard in any way but it helped me understand the concept in it's entirety.

It seems destroying something is far easier than creating something and when Signers strain themselves to create something of size and complexity, if their will breaks and their concentration wavers, their minds fall back to the default state of panic and negative emotions associated with loosing control whilst under such strain.

This makes sense from an entropy point of view also since what they do is almost like taking all the water in the air in a room and condensing it in a cup. This is an increadibly if not impossible thing to do. Leave a cup of water alone in a room for long enough and the water will all evaporate. What I do is simply apply a little heat and speed the process. I do not have to worry about any form of organisation in the end result.

From an emotional point of view it is not like I have anything to panic about. It is not of importance to me if what I try and destroy is not destroyed and if I loose control it is merely partially destroyed. I have embraced entropy rather than fought it. I move with the natural flow. If for some reason I myself did begin to cease to exist then what an achievment.

This said put in a situation where making something dissapear was important and my own destruction prevented the achievment of my goal I do not know if I could handle recovery from such a situation as well.

Although I seek a Sign of Zero mentor in my development I am going to play my cards with the Signers for now and prize knoledge where i can regarding what they do from them as best I can. I do not want any doomguard believing I have turned and converted to the Signers for any reason so if word of such filters back to our organisation and you intercept such, you know the truth.

Loyal to the beautiful end,

Kail of the Onifhet
*Agony_Aunt

Posted by *Agony_Aunt »

Dorian pens a letter to Kail

"Brother,

Your missive helped me make the connection, i have indeed heard of our colleagues who name themselves the Sign of Zero. Fascinating stuff indeed. I wish you luck in your research. The understanding of creation is essential to the understanding of destruction. I feel you are taking a valid path to enlightenment.

If i may be of assistance, let me know. Otherwise I will continue with my own plans."
*Azulfae

Posted by *Azulfae »

Kail spends much time sat on a small wooden stool outside the armoury staring at a goat that is collared and tied to a lamp post.

Occasionally he looses his temper and screams, blood pouring from his nose.

Has he bitten off more than he can chew with this one?

Some say he may be going mad.