An Opportunity To Shatter Hope

*Captain Vanguard

Posted by *Captain Vanguard »

The Doomguard Namer Ravage came to her fellow Sinkers, (Player or otherwise) with an advantagious proposal and a dark grin.

"Remember we were 'avin that talk about becomming the Law of the cage? I say this is a good time to start the foundations for the project. See this whole E-Now thing got me thinkin' after a good take of Deathnight I saw a vision in my head of our future."

"I saw the E-NOW facility in burnin fires, hundreds of poor sod runnin' chaos in the hive blooming. They seek their freedom, they start a fire...
Problem is, I found myself wonderin, what makes the biggest flame?
Then it hit me..."

She took a very poorly drawn but clearly easy to see picture of Oerianna dead.

"Kill the loud mouthed bitch, and pin the blame on the Hardheads, its not like they dont have enuff incentive anyway.

I met her personally, seems nice enough, its nothing personal though, she just me the right idea of what to do with her pretty body."

She looked at the others with a wry grin and a roll of narcotic sniffing it up her nose with shudder.

"Whadda ya say?"
*Azulfae

Posted by *Azulfae »

Kail speaks on the subject.

"This Sigis reporter, Oerianna, her words and her opinions are extremely destructive and cause much friction within Sigil, I have to say, my opinion is that we should be protecting her not seeking her death.

The more she prints, the dryer the tinder box becomes and the readier it is to spark and ignite.

To snuff her now would be to put a drop of water on the whole thing.

You want to start a fire look at the more volatile and reactive elements involved.

You have the orcs, testosterone, attitude, big egos, ready to blow up into a fight about anything.

You have the Harmonium, always reactive to anything that threatens their sense of law and order and the impression of power they hold.

You have the anarchists, sensitive about the presence of the whole project, barely tolerating it and as harmonium support of La Meor grows, so does their intolerance.

The consortium, gang bosses, buisinessmen, those who are willing to give no ground to a new party in a territory they consider theirs.

And there is the people of the hive, the downtrodden, the hopeless, Sigils waste of space. There is no entropy for these people because there is nothing left to destroy. To be honest I find them quite disgusting. How can such a worthless population be allowed to occupy space in a city that gates to every plane. Sigil deserves better.

(there is an element of sarcasm in Kail's voice.)

La Meor is trying to provide for these people and it's pissing off all the vermin that feed on their vulnerability. Empower the vulnerable and you weaken the power of those that trod on them and exploit them.

You want to light a tinder box in the Hive, lets set the right players on fire.

The Anarchists and the Harmonium could be a real war if the right buttons were pressed, it's a case of picking our time and seeing our opportunities.

Imagine the fighting on the streets, the collateral damage the hivers will feel as the two factions fight it out and then when all is falling to pieces, the Doomguard step in, stand by the hivers, stand by La Meor's project, stand by the orcs and we tip the scales. We help drive both factions out of the Hive and make it a Doomguard protected zone of peace.

If we fail... well there will just be even more bloodshed and entropy will be entropy.

If we succede though the plan goes on.

To further our support from the people of the hive we also bar entry to the hive for the Fated as their taxes are collected on the premis of funding the Harmonium's efforts to fight crime in the Hive.

With the Doomguard keeping the crime organisations out and also the Harmonium who just made things worse their taxes are illegitimate and funding nothing more than bloodshed in the Hive.

The crime organisations of the hive hid behind human rights, behind evidence and trails and lawyers getting them off. With the Doomguard doing it our way, we get a lead on criminal activity and we just make people dissapear. We will actually deal with the problems. Soon enough people will be too afraid to join gangs and serve anything but us. We shall be the Hive's biggest gang and assimilate whatever we can.

With all the destruction to recover from, the Doomguard can provide a period of stability, peace and economic growth in the hive where hivers profit from their hard work. La Meor's organisation can be alowed to stay with Doomguard supervision and employ the people of the hive and help them rebuild what the Anarchists and the Harmonium destroyed.

Meanwhile outside the hive the displaced Anarchists and crime organisations will be having to do their business amongst richer wealthier wards, crime will shoot up around Sigil, the Harmonium will react and the war that once raged in the hive will now be waged across the whole of Sigil, in the open.

I could go on but predicting too many steps ahead is just dreaming."
*The Lady With the Pet Dog

Posted by *The Lady With the Pet Dog »

"Both of you are wrong." A third, authoritative voice speaks up, and an old, bald man with green eyes and a wasted face filled with pockmarks, wrinkles, scars, and burn-wounds emerges from the crowd. This man is old, his face and likely also his body the epitome of ...decay.

"She is doing fine now, but any fool can see she has an agenda. I've seen the media influence the masses like this before. There is an initial outburst of chaos, followed by agreement, civility, and ultimately more order." He pauses and takes a wheezing breath.

"I suspect it won't be long until she stops galvanizing chaos, and starts becoming a testament to order in the city.... we let this chaos ride out without interfering for the time being. When her articles start inspiring an ordered purpose, and stop inspiring the chaos we have seen, THEN we strike."

He grumbles at the idiocy of his fellow Sinkers before throwing them threatening looks, then taking a seat.
*Azulfae

Posted by *Azulfae »

Kail stands up and hacks the old man's head off with his sword.

"Sorry, I uh, didn't see a faction badge on this old git, anybody got a problem with this?"

He kicks the body into the furnace.
*Ceremorph

Posted by *Ceremorph »

(( tLwtPD and Azul, I'd appreciate if you'd clean up your posts and remove the OOC portions. Either work this out via PM, or if there is a problem ask a DM to moderate. This forum is not the place for OOC arguments and accusations. Thank you in advance. Either that, or the old man Azul kicked into the furnace is really a death slaad in disguise: rocks fall, everyone dies, the end. ))
*Agony_Aunt

Posted by *Agony_Aunt »

((I'm in favour of players making up NPCs to interact with others via the forums. As long as what is done does not cause any problems IG for PCs I have no objection. Only thing would be to avoid playing the higher level faction members unless agreed in advance with a DM and other players involved))

((EDIT: I cleaned it all up.))
*Ceremorph

Posted by *Ceremorph »

"Enough!" A commanding voice calls out from the ledge above, eyes turning to see the distinctive armored form of Pentar standing with hands on hips, her face like a thundercloud.

"Obviously, some of us," she says, pointing first at Ravage then at Kail, "have a hard time telling the difference between entropy and anarchy. I won't tell you how to do what needs to be done, but I will not support any plan which simply kills for the sake of killing. The Hive is already the most entropic place in Sigil; walking its alleys alone, watching the despairing eyes sitting on curbs and stoops, and looking over the beautiful devastation of the Slags are one of the few pleasures I have left to me in this city. If you want to lead the Anarchists to do what Anarchists do best, then do so. But you cannot stand here and proclaim a plot to take back what is rightfully ours, when all that would be truly certain about it would be hundreds, if not thousands, of needless deaths that will come soon enough: life in the Hive is short and brutal."

She claps her hands together loudly, before continuing. "However, I can only state the official stance of the Doomguard. We will not turn to needless murder, or attempt to kill the helpless. A faction that openly plans such acts could never become that which the Doomguard wishes to be; even if the Triad cannot see their hands in front of their faces, the Lady sees all." A slow smile spreads on her face. "Now as to what you, any of you, decide to do individually? May all the worlds crumble, and the Cage turn to dust. Entropy is much like luck: it comes as it will, and it favors the bold."

*Captain Vanguard

Posted by *Captain Vanguard »

Pentar was one of the few Factols you could give a glance to and not care what she had to say, but even Ravage knew better than to oppose your leader. After all, young and chaotic as she was, Pentar wasnt to far off herself.

Except she wasnt insane.

She took a weary sigh and sipped the long edge of her spliff while watching the woman. She supposed she was right, watching the cage crumble had its own methodology to it, it was almost like a specticle, you just sat ther and watched the madness unfold.

Still, she couldnt help but feel Pentar wasnt helping the situation, she meant her factol no disrespect, but that was typical, she expected her to try and tear down another Doomguards plan. What kinda sinker would their Factol be if she wasnt prooving herself to be at the top.

She chuckled.

"You got me love... ill heel for now like a good dog." She said finally and gave her an idle wave.

Even so, she couldnt help but muse there had to be "something" she could do to help this little act of entropy move a bit further towards the Sinkers favour.

She mused hard.

She raised a brow and felt a tinge of inspiration from that wonderful euphoria called being compleatley stoned off your rocker.

She recalled a tale of Doomguard Ashen, how she so fondly used drugged powder to creativly infect the entire Mercykiller prison with contraband gas, it was a creative process.

She mused... perhaps... just perhaps.

"An accident" would be a convinent way to portray entropy.

She licked her lip and grinned widley. Entropy favoured the bold indeed, why not repeat a bit of history.

After all, the first sign of insanity was to do the same thing twice with expectation of a different result.

...Maybe she was a bit like Pentar after all... she needed to get some powerful stuff.

Time to a trip to her supplier.
*Azulfae

Posted by *Azulfae »

Kail stood listening to Pentar carefully whilst the blood on his blade sizzled away from the entropic energies within it's metal.

He sheathed his sword slowly and carefully.

"You know that orc tribe could have been Doomguard don't you? Their Warchief did the trials and passed, passed so well he had to leave Sigil.

He never joined because his ego and sense of self is too enormous for a faction when acceptance of ones own destruction is fundamental.

The orcs arn't doomguard but in essence there is something there that can be encouraged.

They also have access to Nishrek a fathomable source of Iron born of a world drenched in an eternity of bloodshed which we could use in our forge.

In actuality one could almost assume the cubic iron structure of Nishrek is formed from the salt and iron sediment of millenia after millenia of orc blood spilled.

If the orcs can do business in the hive as a racially segregated community that puts even further barriers up for hivers to overcome in their lives.

Why not encourage such?"