Brogar's Initiation

*phantomhermit

Posted by *phantomhermit »

As with most chaos involving small bits of change, the Hive Ward felt like an ideal place for Brogar to visit for his coin distribution. But, before he went there, he found a merchant who sold expensive looking plates and bowls and aquired several of them. Throughout the Hive Ward, he would put 25 gold coins in an expensive looking bowl and set it in plain sight . . . but half of those bowls held a nasty surprise. A deadly electrical trap, place to vaporize all nearby when the bowl and gold were disturbed to any moderate amount. He then went into a deep dark back alley . . . and listened to the sounds of chaos.
*phantomhermit

Brogar . . . tasked with keeping the Dabus from the razorvine without harming the Dabus thought himself up a devious plan . . . distract the Dabus from the razorvine by blowing up a building they were working on. He went about his work with subtlety and patience, sonic traps placed in succession both inside and out, to create a cataclysmic domino effect of vibrating explosion mayhem.He hooked their arming hooks to a piece of twine to assure that his traps were not discovered too early by a passerby. Once outside, he gave the twine a good tug . . . then scurried to a safe distance to watch. Boom, BoOM, BOOM, BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM! as the chain reaction set off and quite thoroughly damaged the building and liquified everyone inside; he gave one of his signature dark chuckles as he faded into the shadows of the alley from where he observed the chaos.
*Agony_Aunt

Posted by *Agony_Aunt »

phantomhermit,Nov 4 2011 wrote: ... he gave one of his signature dark chuckles as he faded into the shadows of the alley from where he observed the chaos.
The shadow that Brogar attempted to fade into however, turned out to be a short and stocky man dressed in black and a silver mask.

About as a subtle as a Hardhead and about as imaginative the masked man observed. Still, new soldiers are always welcome if they display the right talents... which you appear to have.

I shall abide with you, and observe, let us see if your trick keeps the Dabus from their regular work.

He then makes an incantation.

There, no need to hide, i have shielded us from most eyes and ears, you can relax.

The figure then pulls over a couple of crates and sets atop it a bottle and two cups. He then pours from the bottle and offers one cup to Brogar.

Of course, you still need to destroy your favoured weapon, but for the moment, abide, and drink.
*phantomhermit

Khazeet, as usual, asked Brogar to steal the bottles from the cellar . . . but this time, Brogar poisoned them before returning them. Using a syringe, he applied the poison, then melted over the top of the bottle's wax to make it look normal.

The poison can kill, but should just make the drinker very ill- unless the drinker is too young or too frail to withstand its effects.

((Deadly Bee Poison, DC 26. Con 1d2, secondary Con 1d2))
*phantomhermit

In response to some questions reguarding his reasons behind poisoning the bottles at Khazeets, Brogar replied . . .

It will cause unrest and uncertainty. When everyone points fingers at everyone else, it causes paranoia. And paranoia is a form of mental entropy. Paranoia is also a destructive force, unraveling of the structure of heirarchy within a society. Mob rule. Chaos. Mayhem.

I am helping the natural tendencies of those around me do my job for me. I threw the pebble . . . the boulder will follow and I will not have laid a finger upon it.
*DM_Duke

Posted by *DM_Duke »

The mad laughter of Factotum Cromlich resonates from the armoury somewhere distantly.
*Agony_Aunt

Posted by *Agony_Aunt »

In fact, a number of frail people were badly affected by the poison and some died.

The guvners issued a warrant for the arrest of the miscreant, although without much energy, finding the culprit was highly unlikely.

However, a senior Guvner did approach Khazeet and Muriel suggesting quietly to Khaz that he consider checking the quality of merchandise he recieves, and Muriel should look to the security of her cellar.