An application letter

*Svord

Posted by *Svord »

An small boy arrives at the armory, dropping off a letter before disappearing hastily.
The letter is read as following:

I, Ales Menedil, hold interest in joining your glorious faction, the Doomguards.
Please give me an message, should you find interest in recruiting another into your fold.
*Loki_999

Posted by *Loki_999 »

Dorian just happens to be in the Armoury as the boy arrives and intercepts the message.

Reading it he smiles behind his mask and pens a reply and bids the messenger return with it.

Peace be upon you Ales Menedil,

The Doomguard are always happy to receive new recruits who are steadfast in their beliefs. If you are not aware of the entry requirements then i would be more than happy to educate you on this matter.

Seek me out at the Bazaar or Armoury.

Doomguard Dorian Irsei

\\ OOC: This makes for a good read: http://www.deathstar.org/~krlipka/ps/pe ... etbook.pdf
*Svord

Posted by *Svord »

Upon being filled in by Dorian, Ales proceeded (under the surveillance of Dorian, of course) to perform three trials demanded of him to gain membership.

The first was simple enough; he sacreficed a trusty spear which had been of great use in the past, but now had been reduced to a small sacrefice to achieve an greater end.

However, the second trial was a bit more challenging, but certainly not difficult as it may seem at first. The two made their way to the bazaar after finishing the first trial, upon which Dorian announced that Ales had intent to spread his riches to the people of the Hive.
Word spread quickly enough, for when they arrived in the Hive, a great crowd had gathered, mostly the downtrodden and broken, but a few common folk here and there, supposedly to watch the spectacle that was to follow. Ales decided to circle around the crowd, pouring out coin as he went, and where he went, bloodshed followed as the lot descended hungrily upon the coin being spread out.

However, the third trial would be much more tricky and Ales decided to pause and think for awhile on how to accomplish it.
*Loki_999

Posted by *Loki_999 »

Dorian was pleased with how the first two trials were dealt with. Ales had proceeded through the crowd in the Hive Ward aloof and with aplomb, paying no attention to the chaos that followed in his wake.

Of course, the first two tests are mainly symbolic and require little in the way of thought.

Ales had requested some time to think over how to achieve the third and most difficult task.

Dorian recalled his own struggles figuring out a way to pass this particular trial. After getting into the Doomguard he had listened to others tell their stories of their razorvine trials. It had amused Dorian to hear some of the stories, and some of the ingenious ways people had passed the test by obeying the letter of the test, rather than the spirit of it, although it could be argued that the spirit of the test is to find an ingenious way to cheat.