Doomguard RP thread.

*Azulfae

Posted by *Azulfae »

A nightwalker looms into the armoury and heads back through the forge to the rooms downstairs. Once out of the way it coalesces into the coporeal form of Kail who takes a seat and kicks his feat up on a table that promptly collapses due to having a leg that has been sawn through by some obsessed destroyer. As the table collapses so do the legs of the chair and Kail is left sitting amongst a pile of broken wood.

He looks around at any present. "For the sake of all that is right and decent I know we want entropy but this is taking the piss. Breaking objects and vandalising our own items, we need to get out there and do something real for a change, whether it's causing something in Sigil or out in the planes, I don't care, but this isn't entropy it's just obsessive compulsive disorder!

We need to mess with polatics, with social structures, we need to assassinate figures that offer stability to stagnant social structures and push those who start wars and conquests into positions of power.

We need to destroy education in poor communities and encourage it in greedy ones where mages strive for power that is more than they can handle.

Burst dams, provoke monster tribes to make trade routes unsafe, sell weapons to bandits and hordes, show demons portals to celestial worlds!

Is there anyone that sees what I mean?

Sawing through chair and table legs? By the gods why?"

Kail booted the wooden debris against a wall and looked around at the doomguard smithys sat around gawping with their lunches hanging from their mouths at his over the top speach.

"Sorry Mr. Kail, I'll try harder next time." Came a tiny voice from a little boy perhaps seven or eight years old sobbing in the corner.

"What a bastard, poor kid, it was his first try at something, now you knocked his confidence forever!"

Kail looked around feeling slightly guilty then pulled out a bottle from his bag with a look of determination on his face.

"Here kid, i'm sorry. Pop the cork, stick a rag in there and light it on fire. you chuck it at something like a house and watch the thing burn down eh. Hows that gonna make you feel eh?"

The childs eyes lit up and he wiped the tears from his dirty face. "Wow thanks Mr. Kail! Your the best!"
*Zahir

Posted by *Zahir »

Teuso appeared right next to the place, by the wall, where the junk leg lands.

"Mm" adds with a smile, then listens Kail's monolog.

When he ends and sends the boy to pilage, he simply stops him with his reached arm.
Turns his faded red eyed on the speaker.

"That is exactly what we won't do! The boy will have a better lesson instead!"

He gulps, senses the end and becomes petrified for a long second, but then Teuso smiled on him very kind and continues...

"He will reconstruct those table, then we show him why he must build...Go child, long hours of work await you if I'm right...I want a very nice one from you! Or..."

The boy gulps and runs to his workspace and with tears in his eyes begin work, sodding...
Teuso approaches Kail, and very low voice he states...

"if he done we let him destroy his own work. To learn the weight what we do here, he must feel the loss by himself. Then, Myself will show him, that there are losses by other, greater forces too, which can't be stoped...I bring him hunt with a knife.."

Sighs and adds...

"we should make greater effort on education..."

Then smiles a bit and bows almost unsensible way to Kail with a faint smile..

"we met before I guess, I'm sensei Teuso, I'm here to teach and such, otherhand..."

Stops to make a bit tension...

"I'm sorry to cancelled, better delayed your gift to him..."

Turns to the rest and with low voice but strict voice...

"Back to your works please!"

((continue if you want, or he leaves you alone and goes to watch the kid's work))

*Azulfae

Posted by *Azulfae »

"Good to see you again, pardon the pun." He says indicating Teuso's blindness.

"Kail Onifhet sign of zero.

There is no wrong and right in Entropy my friend, shit happens. To close ones mind to how a boat can sink only makes one more likely to be on it when it does go down.

The bottle was empty anyway." He says tapping the bottle in Teuso's hand.
*Mabus

Posted by *Mabus »

*Orion enters and remains standing at the back of the room through all this*

You're sending a child to build a table? Perhaps you would like to go off and build a castle. What skills would you have to build a castle...none? I'm sure the boy has little skills to build a table. And sending him out to torch something is simply going to get him thrown into a cell somewhere. It's likely sending him off to his doom. Best to teach him the truth of the multiverse with wisdom than by forcing him into manual labor or somewhere where he's likely to blow himself up.

Come here, child...

*Orion looms over the boy, who is covered in the dirt of the streets*

*Orion picks up a broken chair leg* You see this piece of wood? It was once a large tree. The tree was cut down somewhere. Much of it was cut away and it was shaped and turned in to lumber. The lumber was taken and cut down where the pieces were formed in to this chair. The chair was cut by you and it was destroyed when Kail sat in it. The wood now will most likely find its way into a fire as fuel where it will burn and turn in to coals. The coals will continue burning until they are not but ash. The ash will find its way into the wind, carried off by a strong breeze where it will cover the city.

That is the destiny of that old tree. To become ash. That is the destiny of everything. And you... *he russles a large armored hand through the boy's hair* ...you were an integral part of that tree's destiny. * Orion smiles as the boy's eyes grow wide with realization* That is what the Doomguard do. We are all tools of entropy and destruction.

But try to contain your wonderful work to objects outside the armory, yes? *Orion chuckles* No go out and spend some time around the city and observe. Come back to me with some examples of entropy you may come across. Not ones performed by yourself, mind you, but ones already in progress by society and nature. I charge you with this task, and will reward you well if you succeed in bringing to me some descriptions of five examples of it. *he watches the boy run out instantly like a race starting whistle just sounded*

*He looks back to the others* We are not simply creatures of wonton destruction... Well, not all of us... But there is a way to teach of entropy with wisdom and learning, and guideance. Besides, we'll have that boy scheming and meddling in more creative ways soon enough in the name of entropy.

As for us, we need to cater to entropy in more creative ways. Ways that may have lasting results. Not ones that create results that last but a wink in the eye of eternity. Perhaps we should all walk the streets for a time, and listen and observe to things which are going on around the Cage and see how entropy can help creat a more lasting result. Let us listen to the Cagers and find out plans...find out their hopes and dreams. Whatever they are, there is room for entropy to have its way.

Mayhap some of you may even have some information as we speak...

*he waits to see if anyone knows of any goings on about the Cage which they may be able to brainstorm some "projects" around*

*Orion then pauses looking over Teuso, and I don't believe we have met*
*Zahir

Posted by *Zahir »

Teuso listens, waits for the end of Orion's advices. Then smiles.

At last when he turns to him and asks...

"I'm Sensei Teuso. We didn't." states simply and bows very slightly to him.

After that kneels to the child...

"As you can see, a lot of nice interpretation exists for our work. You will hear with time many others I'm sure. Some will have wisdom in it, some not...You always can decide what means and worth entropy for you. " Adds a faint and sad smile.

"Do whatever you want, take whichever advice you want, but hear this, if one day you feel empty as equipment of entropy, make those table, the best you can, use it, let your pride deepen in the work well done...and then destroy it!" Holds for a second.

"You will feel. what entropy means for you...as far you can hold in your spirit and mind, that entropy doesn't have meaning. Isn't a stand alone idea... aimless entropy is a failure, not what we want to do."

Stands up again the Sensei and turns his faded blind gaze upon the other two...

"Entropy isn't a goal, it's paradox, entropy is the way. Everyone can destroy, serve entropy can too a lot, but few can find meaning behind it, and almost no one can live whole life doing so." smiles humble.

"We aren't here to destroy your life and bring you down as a servant...we, I want teach you do it your own way, for what?" stops "because we want you become a whole and one with your meaning in doing it, so you can do it for long time and effective."

At last...

"Now go, before you become too puzzled about all you've heard already...go.."

Then turns to the others.

"You will find me in my garden, near the gatehouse..." smiles humble
*Loki_999

Posted by *Loki_999 »

After Teuso leaves, Dorian walks up to Kail and Orion and says two words: "Watch him."
*Azulfae

Posted by *Azulfae »

"What table legs were you talking about Orion." Kail gestures at the floor where there is no broken wood or remains of a chair or table of any sort.

"Not all becomes ash, not all is really what we percive or imagine it to be. Was there ever really a table? Was there ever even a tree? I never saw a tree did you?"

Kail smirks and strokes his beard. "I'd say what was that boy's name? I've never seen him before, where has he gone? I wonder if we'll ever see him again but I believe that is a little more than I can bring myself to comprehend."

Kail turns to Dorian. "I watch everyone brother, lest they be watching me."
*Azulfae

Posted by *Azulfae »

Kail often spends time sat on the hilltop by the gatehouse looking over Sigil and watching parts of the Hive and other neighbourhoods that are burning.

He would probably see Teuso raking the earth sometimes. He might from a distance try and will any large stones the tiefling turns up, away.
*Mabus

Posted by *Mabus »

*Seeing that noone had any knowledge of any current events to share at the moment with which to formulate some sort of plans to "infiltrate" with entropy, he heads out into the Cage to see what might turn up on his own. There are always things going on in the Cage...*
*Azulfae

Posted by *Azulfae »

Kail returns to the Armoury late one eve uncloaking from a greater invisibility spell downstairs out of the sight of any potential visitors. He is wearing what looks like a suit of high quality replica harmonium armour and covered in blood and gore.

He sits down at a table after checking the legs and structure of the thing and kicks back for a bite to eat. He's obviously had a damn hard day.

Some might hear later about the Harmonium and some do gooders that went after Anarchists in undersigil after some riots in the hive. Unfortunately the anarchists escaped whilst the Harmonium and Anarchists supposedly confiscated large amounts of treasure and supplies and bickered over entry to the rooms that held such.

Funnily enough not much of the confiscated goods ever reached the Harmonium barracks.

Kail sits back with a fine cigar looted from the Anarchist crates and enjoys it's slow burn.