The Horsemen

*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

////Looking to create a Doomguard group referred to as the Horsemen. As the title suggests, there would be four of them that represent the “Four Horseman” of the Apocalypse. I’ve already created one, Glarin Haffest. He is a very calm and quiet gnome monk who would represent “War”. His personal mission is to bring war to as many Prime worlds as possible. This is generally done through deception and trickery. He would generally work both sides until war erupted and then ensure it continued until one side was obliterated. Then, hopefully, one of the other Horsemen would take care of the remainder via their specialty (or vice versa). As Prime worlds fall, so do the flow of followers and worshippers for the powers, weakening them and leaving them vulnerable to the Bloodwar overflowing into their planes.

Characters would be more of a shadowy/intelligent sort as they, themselves would not bring their specialization but would motivate and convince others to do so. So war would not openly attack another on one sides behalf but would convince someone on either side to do it themselves through deception and deceit.

AnyhowÂ… I imagine plots would involve singular (or multiple) characters doing what they do best by dealing with NPCÂ’s (IG) through RP and forum stories and doing what we can to ensure our work continues. Sigil, for the most part, would simply be a base of operations so would be untouched (usually).

Anyone interested in trying something like this out, and any EMÂ’s interested in helping, speak up.

For reference; The Four horsemen are Pestilence, War, Famine, and Death
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

//I'm in. Either as an Em or I'll make a pestilence for the group.
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

((Gladly pick this up as EM if you like to play, Midnight ))
*Er_Nano_Infame

Posted by *Er_Nano_Infame »

////hmm, famine might be tricky and interesting for whoever picks it. as in a broad concept it can expand to any kind of needed resources, goods or services (i look at you, festhall!), obstacle and perhaps shut them down with all that follows///
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

(( Oh- I have two different famines ready but I promised to EM this :P. And good thoughts nano. Wanna try? ))
*Er_Nano_Infame

Posted by *Er_Nano_Infame »

///i may, but if anyone would be particularly interested in playing this famine char i can make way. sure there's still ''death'' available. anyone wants death?! ////
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

The idea is the four find a Prime world, most likely a little primitive or a heavy mixture of both civilized peoples and wild folk. They use trickery, deceit, fear and false promises from the local gods to convince them to do what is necessary. March on neighbouring communities, burn crops and farms, contaminate water sources, murder each other... using any and all means necessary. They don't actually come out and do these deeds themselves as it keeps them from being directly targeted by the local deities. Mortals influencing mortals is something most gods ignore no matter the outcome... but do the deeds yourself and they have reason to smite you.

The four would arrive, stay as long as necessary, and do their very best to all but wipe the Prime out (or a large part of it) and move on. With luck, it would weaken the local deities enough for strife to consume their planes and leave them weak enough for the blood war to pour in...

Characters can be charming, dark, talkative, quiet... whatever, but I would suggest one's that could easily move amongst foreign populations. Most of the normal player races would suffice but it might be difficult as an Ogre or such.

*Krayt

Posted by *Krayt »

((Death it is then.))
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

((Alright- as I offered to EM this I think I shall add my thoughts:

Rob- I fear destroying a prime will be a long term goal for the group and nothing done casually.

Also there will be powers that resist them actively- and I am not talking about gods but powerful mortals. As you are dealing with a Prime you better be prepared for the heroes living there, protecting it.

So please don't expect the destruction of a prime being done in a thread, 2 events and six weeks before they merrily move on the next target.

As I see it it will go something like this:

Phase 1: 4 clueless berks with masks arrive on a prime.

Yeah- our Doomguards are the clueless now, have to learn what they can, have to explore the local power structures. They need to learn what they can before moving on to..

Phase 2: Infiltration.

The now less clueless Doomguards infiltrate the society, do what they must- be it spreading diseases to weaken an army, withering away crops to raise social tensions, bring death to an influental leader opposing them, trigger a war to weaken the two strongest realms.

Phase 3: Get it rolling.

Get all the plans initiated in Phase 2 working and hope noone interferes. If everything goes well...

Phase 4. Rinse and repeat

Move on to the next community on the prime, using the now established powerbase those 4 toons should have to spread destruction and decay to other communities/nations. Which one day might lead to...

Phase 5. The fall of the plane.

But again- see that as a long term goal.

Of course this is how I would run things- see it as an offer.

There are other EMs/DMs around who might make you a better one. :P ))

*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

That's not the initial expectation. It's the end result. It's what I envision as a goal. The thread is only to get a couple people interested in a concept and the goal of said concept. I didn't see the need to write out every single step leading up to the goal as that is better left for RP and events.