Arms For The Oppressed

*Hydra

Posted by *Hydra »

- The Afentiko wishes me to do this... then lets get started.

Varnia too her time, selecting the most robust and cheap materials for her plans. She had a good knowledge on how to craft bolts, but these needed to be very nasty, barbed pointy enough to have a good chance to pierce most armors and to bend should someone try to remove them causing even greater injuries, if the barbing wasn't enough. As soon as she got the right design, the young Doomguard started to work on a few prototypes using the most crude and cheapest crossbow. The projectile required to not be to heavy and easy to handle by basically anyone. That's how they did it back in her prime world, long spears and crossbows weapons wielded by republican soldiers : give good and easy to handle weapons to the people and they'll spread destruction like no one.
*Mander

Posted by *Mander »

In another of the Armoury's great smithies, Azor was doing his part of the plan. He crafted fine swords and chainshirts, focusing more on quantity than quality if it meant putting out enough to fill the shipments to come. The hive scum would be more confident when well armed, he thought to himself. The more Harmonium that ended up dead in the gutters the better.
*Krayt

Posted by *Krayt »

Good the plan is in motion he thought as he wached from his vantage point above the forges. There was a few practical problems remaining but that would have to be solved at Another time. He ascended the long stairs the plates on his prothese clanked against eachother only faintly while the shoulder piece creaked more loudly agaisnt his breastplate.

Eftsoons he appeared at Varnias side as she worked diligently and deftly. He showed her a scetch of somethink that looked like a boldkin arrow, leaving it by the anvil.

"I have made some reserch. Perhaps the technique that makes the katana such a Sharp yet also resilient blade could be applied here. A hard edge with a soft core. In this case a hard stem from point to shaft surrounded with a softermaterial that wont shatter supporting the point. It would also make save us the quality hard metal to make more bolts yet not lose the armour piercing effect. Further more.." He held a tiny poision gland between his thumb and indexfinger giving it to her after showing it. "If you could impliment these into it the heads just as a reassurance that the breached armour is a deadly breach."
*Hydra

Posted by *Hydra »

Varnia noded when he pointed her the technique.

- This could work Afentiko... we must make these cheap and somewhat effective. Its not like we want these weapons too effective and used against our own at some point, which from what I've heard from the hive is very likely to happen. As for the poison, same things its going to make the projectile too heavy and risky to handle. I may have another idea actually... I've seen these repeating crossbows brought by a man who called them Chu-Ko-Nu.

She searched her plans and grabed one showing it to Mauric.

- Its quite simple to build but it requires a lot of cheap projectiles to work well. The idea is to make numbers counts more than quality swarming the enemy with projectiles, if they do blend as I want them to, they're going to make their shields unusable pretty quickly. same for the armors, they'll be forced to remove their pieces of equipment one after the other in order to continue to move, which is going to leave them exposed.
*Krayt

Posted by *Krayt »

He studied the drawing with great interest.

"Purely genius. They might even be able to copy these themself and thus become far more numerous than we can ever produce ourselves. I can picture them before me now, laden with bolts covering in what scarse holes they may find while being pelted from every direction. Your hatred for them have served you well. This will cause them far more harm than what our own hands could extract on them."