The Last Laugh.

*Krayt

Posted by *Krayt »

Standing facing the great forge with his grisley gauntlet clenched at his side. The bellows hissing as they greedily sucked in gallons of air. Soot-covered bodies pulling the hefty charcoal smeared ropes Rising the rigorous leatherbound devices. Just as moarnfully as the warlocks own resperation. Thunderous hammer strokes ecohed from the circle of anvils around it casting long shadows.

On the anvil behind him an advanced badge gleamed in the rappidly swirling light. seemingly in upstaring searching eyes as if waiting only impatiently for something. As the pillar of dancing light rose up high when the massive bellows spewd out their amassed air.

"Bring me Qor and Blargh at once and tarry not." He ordered a nearby trooper sternly.
*Brindas

Posted by *Brindas »

The slaadi looks at the guard and blinks a few times. "Doomlord is want Blargh? But Blargh was just about to sing song!" he sullenly hops along to follow back towards Mauric, eyes downcast.
*Mander

Posted by *Mander »

The trooper returned a bit later from the depths below the armory with Qorxicotl, seemingly having had to spend a good deal of time trying to wake the lazy dragon up. He looked between the other two groggily, tail swishing from side to side.
*Krayt

Posted by *Krayt »

"There is a problem and I need you two to solve it." His voice muffled and the hisses he forcible produced contended with the the bellows loud breath.

The elongated blades on his digits clicked against one another as he gesticulated his back still turned at them facing the massive buring bed of charcoal.

"A solitary object yearns to be worn on the anvil. Forged into it are greater responsibilities in your servitude to entropy as well as a greater voice within our ranks. The problem being you are two and the item on the anvil awaiting you only one. I think you both deserving to wear it hence the problem. Perhaps you would like to laud yourself the better to wear it? Or shall martial prowess place the wordless verdict?"

The factotum equivalent badge glimmered darksomely in the flickering lights before them on the anvil. The hollows making the eyes almost seemed as if looking at them in anxiety as the light wexed and wanded.
*Mander

Posted by *Mander »

Responsibilities?! Qorxicotl was fine with eating/destroying things when called for to earn his lair beneath the armory, but the thought of having to spend even more time managing things made him balk. Besides, all he really had to do was keep Mauric an ally as Tiamat had asked him...

"The, ssss, honor should go to Blargh, not I doomlord. Would you give a badge to a catapault or a battering ram? Of course not.'
*Brindas

Posted by *Brindas »

The Slaadi blinks a few times.

"Doomlord, Qorx is has been in guard longer. And Blargh not seek such advancements, as all fall to entropy and wither. But if Doomlord thinks entropy best served, Blargh not turn down such either! Know that sometimes things must be built for greater destruction later."
*Mander

Posted by *Mander »

"See! Blargh would be better for this. And one day you could have a death slaad Factor if he keeps it up, wouldn't that be splendid?"
*Krayt

Posted by *Krayt »

What began as a sitffled well-pleased chuckle ended in a coughing fit as his mask chimned and rang faintly long after it had died out. Rising his hand as to gesture a halt.

"As I would have it in the heat of the raging fray I have it now. Too easy a challange mayhap but you overcame it."

There was a long silence before he spoke anew. "You are both right in what you said."

He stooped his head the shadow of his horned mask looking as a bull as it was to charge near the anvil. The display of comradeship reminding him of something he could never have again.

"You both need to learn the Baatezu word games however as you might find yorself playing it for your very soul. I said I deemed you both worthy. Why would a single object change prevent me? It is mere metal and magic. There is a two-faced badge laying on the anvil all you need to do is to cleave it and is shall be worn by you both equally."

"That said you are both promoted. Henceforth you will be full worthy Doomguards and guide the lesser."

"You should feel guilty over depriving me of a good laugh however. Mayhap a song of chaos and ruination as a compensation are in order?"