Occipitus Research

*EM-Adimarchus

Posted by *EM-Adimarchus »

In the wake of the bloody but ultimately successful incursion into the curious abyssal layer of Occipitus, led by Factor Maelfina Sixthfinger, a small walled tower has been erected through the combined efforts of Godsmen and Doomguard masons and architects. Members from both factions are welcome to make themselves home in the small keep, and encouraged to keep records of any research they might undertake into the nature or inhabitants of this Celestial-tainted abyssal layer.

((This is an IC thread where PCs interested in conducting arcane, divine, or eldritch research on/in Occipitus))
*EM-Adimarchus

In the wake of the bloody but ultimately successful incursion into the curious abyssal layer of Occipitus, led by Factor Maelfina Sixthfinger, a small walled tower has been erected through the combined efforts of Godsmen and Doomguard masons and architects. Members from both factions are welcome to make themselves home in the small keep, and encouraged to keep records of any research they might undertake into the nature or inhabitants of this Celestial-tainted abyssal layer.

((This is an IC thread where PCs interested in conducting arcane, divine, or eldritch research on/in Occipitus))
*Krayt

Posted by *Krayt »

By the great forges in the Armoury the following notice was put up.
wrote:Able and free reasearchers arcane as divne are to report in and prepare to be shipped to Occipitus. A layer of the Abyss formerly held by Adimarchus. I need not point out the potence of lingering essences of madness lft by the former Lord of Insanity which could be extracted and distributed in forms of potions or poision wells to sow chaos and mayhem. Further more a Moldeus was seen. This rare Tanar'ri could be bound to the new weapon adding it's presumed unique abilities to it. The possibilities are far more than I care to state here.

Doomlord of the Seventh Demon Ark
Mauric would return to the outpost soon after the battle, mostlikely in the company of Q and Eloe. The skies interested him of course. If the new weapon was to be tested here he had to assure that it was immune to the effects that prevented the Vrocks from taking flight. The Holy energies was another concern. He had long wondered if another being than a Tanari'ri or Obyrith claimed a layer would it transform that being into another head of the abyssal hydra? When her power over this plane was absolute he would know.

*Hydra

Posted by *Hydra »

A small team of researchers under the orders of Factol Ta'Kan soon came as she had promised. They started to gather sample from the soil and the plant life to be brought back to the foundry under extreme care and secrecy. Active observations of the intertwining energies of both Celestia and the Abyss where made by the factor herself using divine means and a few namers proficient in the arcane.
*EM-Adimarchus

Sinkers of varying stripes, but generally those either enthralled to the Abyss or else Chaoticians taking an interest in any plane of the Anarchic bent, heed the Doomlord's call. Although there is some tension resulting from the Sinkers and Godsmen working in such close quarters, by and large the peace is kept as their research efforts differ in direction and intent.

((If Mauric or anyone else wishes to post specific experiments they would order or else perform themselves, I elaborate on what is learned through their efforts.))
*EM-Adimarchus

The soil samples, depending largely on where they are gathered, emanate auras of either Chaos and Evil (if gathered off the plateau), or Law and Good (if gathered from the plateau or like formations).

If soil samples are mixed, the reaction closely resembles that of a body fighting off a disease. Abyssal particles attempt to eradicate and consume the Celestial, and vice versa. The soil of the higher quantity generally ends up destroying that of the smaller amount, but (as in many biological reactions of this sort) some mutations do occur -- pockets of matter which combine various philisophical strains (CN, N, LE, CG most commonly).

Plant life from Occipitus seems wholly Celestial, as the native plane is utterly devoid of such, save the occasional growth that more closely resembles a protruding blood vessel than anything plant-like.
*Krayt

Posted by *Krayt »

He would gather sampels of the vegetation having their properties studied for various effects such as poisionous or healing. If there was any unique wildlife he would likewise try to capture these for study. The blood-like substances was also subjected to study positive and negative energy was infused to see it this resembled something living or simply was a liquid.
*Hydra

Posted by *Hydra »

Kala's attention focused on the more exotic plants coming out from the mutations, especially those aligned towards neutrality. She made sure a few where brought back to Sigil, while they were carried out, she had a sudden though that these creations may attract the unwanted interest of the lady and decided to move it back to a safer laboratory.

There she tired to cultivate them and compare them to more mundane plants one could find on prime worlds. Where there more resistant or actually imbued with neutrality ?
*Nimiane

Posted by *Nimiane »

A letter from outside the faction arrives, officially addressed to Doomlord Mauric Ashtoret. The simple roll of parchment is tied in weathered twine, and it's contents are far less formal than the label; written in an undignified jagged scratch. When opened, it unfurls to read as follows:

[align=center][/align]
wrote:Lady's Grace, Mauric.

Apologies for contacting you by letter, believe me when I say I hate paperwork as much as the next berk. I thought it wise, though, if we could perhaps arrange a meeting to share information regarding Maelfina's campaign of Occipitus. Having scouted the region on numerous occasions, I believe it would be beneficial to work together in this.

Attached is my current place of residence, should you wish to contact me.

- Odette.
The address scribbled at the bottom places her location within the Hive, nearest the tattoo parlor.
*Krayt

Posted by *Krayt »

He opens the twine with the tip of his blade-fingertipped gauntlet. Giving the scrolled paper a fpal to straighten it Before he held it infront of him and started reading.

A ashgrey letter arrived at address she had mentioned soonafterwards slightly damp. Its simply folded three times and sealed with the Doomguard ensign. The Writing itself bore something of a elegance to it but crudely.
wrote:Free Bardess Odette,

Collaberation is indeed beneficial to us both. If but ourselves the sole parts of this meeting it would be easily arranged. I have many querries regarding that survey. Questions I think you are best qualified to answer. The enemy is surely not defeated although beaten back. While we can dedicate time to research we should. A pitty that we cannot mount a offesive campaign at this moment.

It shant be long, expect a guest within the next days.

Mauric