From Outcast's End Into..

*Krayt

Posted by *Krayt »

Deep within the vaults of the Armoury.

Mauric and Ra'zeth had just returned from their entropic jaunt in the 137th layer of the Abyss where the Prince of Scapegoats reign. The warrior had resisted the warlocks games of blame and accuses and emerged stronger. Albeit some of it may have made an lasting imprint. Did he sought to temper him like a weapon or had he truely trying to break his mind? It was unclear.

The Doomlord stood by a small archway just high enough to pass without ducking. His clawlike gauntlet clutched around he pauldron of the draconic warrior. Usher him inside the room. Scrapped metal was heaped up in it. In it he would see his former armour and armaments in pieces. Months ago he had sent them to be repaired. The naked metal gleaming blackishly at edge of the broken rifts while the surface that was unscathed sucked in the vague light.

He would allow him to drink deep from the sight and the loss they represented. To remember all prior to this point.

"I would have asked you to break your weapon against the walls but you already broken it." The metallic voice of the ever-masked man differed greatly from what Ra'zeth had been hearing during the many years they encounter each other in Sigil. Deep, sinsister and foreboding.

"I would have asked you to destroy the things most dear to you. But they are already destroyed."

"So was they destined for from birth. So are you so am I. I forsaw this moment, you were always a force of ruin like a storm cannot walk the creation without causing it neither can you."
*Tomekk

Posted by *Tomekk »

The drow did not seem to like his old friend's change in tone, and his stern expression made it clear.

"You are mistaken if you think those works of the forge held any sentimental value to me. They are tools; one uses a tool until it breaks or stops being useful, then discards it for a brand new one... just how people have treated me my whole life."

He sighed heavily, walking up to a piece of his old axe, holding it up against the torch's light. He studied it for some time, as if finding a strange irony in it.

"Yet, this is broken. Shattered against cold rock as it was deemed weak and worthless... they tried that with me too, to discredit all of my achievements and hard work, to throw me into the forge and remold me.... the difference is, my friend, that I have not melted in the fire they have thrown me into, no, I have been tempered. Angered. Thirsting for vengeance."

He dropped the piece of adamantine back to its shattered brethren, turning to face the warlock, his eyes burning with an anger that he can barely contain, nostrils flaring from hints of dragonfire wishing to burst forth.

"And that thirst of vengeance can only be quenched by one thing... destruction. But we aren't mindless, you and I, our destructive endeavors need a purpose. A goal. Mine is to destroy those who would spread injustice and reap the work of others, to burn their nefarious riches and sack their horrendous labour camps and prisons. Have I come to the right place?"

With those heavy words, he crossed his hands, the vague light bringing out the monstrous features of his expression: scales dimly glowing at the back of his neck, cut off horns around his jaw, chin and eyebrows and eyes that glow an untamed fury.
*Krayt

Posted by *Krayt »

The Doomlords mask turned towards Ra'zeths hands as he regarded his former tool.

"It is well that you realise that. They had a worth in purpose but that is the one worth there is to them. Many here still see you as a berayer of ideals a man sanctioned under my hand on the account of our relationship. Many here Believe you will be naught but trouble to us. You will have to shatter their beliefs. Prove yourself anew. Azor is no longer in flesh a duel between you would have been a sight. Remeber the conviction he fought with. I could barely contain that desert storm from starting a war of his own with the Triad. His mortal eyes will not see that war. But perhaps you will. For that we need tools, more potent tools than this verse have ever seen."

Metallic footsteps was heard behind him as the warlock stepped closer in the dank room.

"It is the way of beings. They hunger. So they still it not how. It is a flawed existence. They will never realise nor admit it. Everything must be lost in the end. See what the hoarders did. The misery in their wake. They wanders aimlessly and the farther they go more lost shall they become. As Azor said when first I met him. Mercy by death for you will find none in life."

Mauric inhaled deeply it was a strained respiration as he diverted his gaze to the ceiling. Decay had taken much of him during his service to entroy more so than the evident bodyparts Ra'zeth realise. He turned to face the seething warriors ireful gaze. His ghostly pallid eyes drowing fully in the darkness of his mask.

"It is a long road but you will have revenge. If you hate them enough. Not even death can stop you. But you cannot do it alone. Nor can I. We grow stronger together. You focus soley on your foe. You would do well to remeber your own. Let them grow into the same weapon you have grown into. Train with them, advise them. Hone the weapon we are collectively. You will not be alone in the Brotherhood of Doom."

His claw-like gaunlet tore lose an object from his breastplate. Extending his clutched hand to the draconic warrior.

"You know there is no place you rather be. Or path you rather walk."
*Tomekk

Posted by *Tomekk »

The drow grabbed the metal-sheathed hand firmly, his glowing-ember like eyes gazing down at Mauric in a piercing glare.

"Revenge is a path many a warrior took, but their overwhelming anger usually consumed them all. We cannot let only our emotions guide us, for then we are no better than beasts.... and beasts get hunted down and mounted on walls.

Hatred or rage in itself can grant us the greatest conviction, or lead us to our greatest failure. I see them as a the fire that tempers the steel, and the hammer that molds folds the metal into a deadly weapon.

You are also right that a brotherhood can achieve far more than any single man could ever hope to, yet, one must first be accepted into such a group and grow to be a part of it... for that, my friend, I'll need your help."

His gaze lost its intensity, the stern expression broken by a slight smile.
*Krayt

Posted by *Krayt »

He sensed no fear in the broken figure before him. Where his mesmerising cyan eyes had been there was just a narrow slit of darkness. Ra'zeth felt something within the palm of the warlock as he took it.

"The flame which give you the warmth wihtout it your limbs would freeze. Your very mind would cease to stir thought. Hatred thowards this existence is what makes us alive. Ironical? Not so. A mere err that came into being that should have never have been. Tend that flame or the verse will swallow you, as you say. Allow it to burn everything into naught? Not yet my friend. Before we break the last seal we shall be certain that it is sufficent."

He paused brefily regarding the blazing in his ruddy eyes. As to gaze into a sandstormdued in blood and flame.

"One is not born strong. You have been hammered malicious intent of those you fought for. You have been shaped by loss of all you have gathered. Entropy burned away the uselessness. Here you stand before me a stronger weapon than you ever were."

He turned his hand around so that hsi palm faced the floor leaving the object in Ra'zeths hand before he withdrew his gauntled hand.

"By your own strenght and conviction you will find acceptance. By acting not as one for oneself but as a whole for the whole. Therein lay the key to our victory. You will have my help as I will have yours." While his voice never again could resemble the sweetly soft spoken man such as it once was when they talked it took a turn towards it and Razeth would recognise pieces of it.
*Tomekk

Posted by *Tomekk »

He could only smile at the hint of the human being behind the decaying armor.

"Then let us begin just that. Let us grab the shattered pieces of the past and hammer them into a new goal, a new purpose. Where once stood one, there will stand a hundred. Where once there was a pawn on the chessboard, a dozen knights shall take its place."

To symbolize that, let us not allow this drow-forged adamantine go to waste... one plate made into a hundred scales... besides, remember that this one was made to scare commoners and law-enforcers, not be particularly useful in a fight."

With that he chuckled, remembering their previous adventures, awaiting the response of the Doomlord.
*Krayt

Posted by *Krayt »

Likewise Mauric siphoned his memory residue for those many moments they had seen over the years. Battles won and lost. Moments of laughter and grievances. They were numerous and many lost in the fog of oblivion.

"Spoken like a true Doomguard. Let the broken serve again and wear them with pride. It shall send the message to all that lay their eyes upon it that the past is shattered and you now wear it without fear or regret but as a testimony of the Destiny of all things." His voice revealed his own pride in hearing what he just had. Unmistakenly so.

His spidery gauntlet was placed upon Ra'zeths left shoulder.

"To the forges! The chaotic flames awaits us."

A singel incantation was uttered behind his mask. The hand on his shoulder grew rappidly and murky scaled flesh started to swallow the metal. Prongs shooted from his increasing bulk of a body. The Hezrou grinning with its many rows of pointy sharp teeth. Relinqishing Ra'zeths shoulder and lumbering towards the heap of metal.

*Tomekk

Posted by *Tomekk »

The drow was shocked at first, as he has never seen the transformation up close... but after that, it didn't bother him much, heck, seeing a face (as ugly as it may have been) instead of a mask even made him feel a bit more comfortable.

"I need to get used to seeing you do that..."

He helped the clumsier demon gather up the shards off the ground, then turning to face them with a simple request.

"...since I don't yet know this place, lead on... and tell me where I can get a new axe forged these days."
*Hydra

Posted by *Hydra »

Itzalia just arrived at this very moment, Mauric had granted her the task to make sure the newcomer, this insufferable rowdy brute, would get along with the faction. While she understood the importance of the task, after all the man had left quite a lot of dark in his trails, she didn't seemed to be disposed to treat him better than any other.

- You called for me Mauric... here I am to take care of our new prospect, as you asked, once you're done with him. There's a visit to the hive to be done and some roots to be tickled...
*Krayt

Posted by *Krayt »

Gathering up a large amount of broken metal in his massive claw. Some spilling back to the stone floor the hard pieces chiming and clanking as they bounced around til they found their place.

"At my back" He roared.

He had no problem navigating through the confusing narrows. It wasn't long until they stood at the crimson glowing forges yonder behind the familiar feminine silhouette heir hair swaying in the artifical windstreams created by the heat and chill.

"I gave you a task. You can handle it. I do not remind myself of the mishaps that followed last we visited that place. Handle it smoothly. You have the means of a Quick entry and haisty retreat make good use of them" His empowered voice booming strongly and deep.