Anonymous Note

*Iggwilv

Posted by *Iggwilv »

As the door opens they stand outside of the room. They do not go in uninvited. They have their backs to Rhistel as they address Mauric.

"It has taken us some time. Caution is paramount. What did you wish to discuss?"
*Krayt

Posted by *Krayt »

His cowl pulled half over his face and his head slightly lowered. He stuck his head out and glanced to either side to feign a sense of fear and caution of any meddling part.

"Nothing. My mind is made up. I wish to join." He whispered in a low tone as he grabbed the shoulder of the nearest of them ushering him inside moving his hand to the next if the first would willingly follow. When (If succeeding) they was all in the room he turned his back to the door in a swift hand gesture he motioned for Rhistel to draw nearer just before he closed the door. It was quick and could esily have been misinterpreted as a failed reach for the door knob even if he was looking directly at his hand.
*Serena

Posted by *Serena »

He listened at the quick exchange, mind running through all the possible scenarios he could think about. Most of them were grim.
One person inside he could see. Mauric? Maybe. Was he alone? At this point he needed to consider the information the librarian gave him could be misleading.
Not that it mattered, the Growers were three already, he was going to have hard time anyway should things get rough, one or two more weren't going to make a real difference. This if he wanted to consider the remote case where the Doomguards had gone mental and decided to join the Growers.
In the other cases, his presence could even the score should there be need. But was he really intentioned in try and lock himself up in that room with them?

The decision was made halfway as the cowled man started hushing the other into the room. He had no time to waste if he wanted to get inside before the door was closed again. He could regret the decision later, but for now he needed to move.

He made few quiet steps forward as the last one entered, then noticed the small pause before the door was closed again and the gesture from the man. Was that intended for him?
Again, there was really no time to waste venturing all the options, so he took advantage of the small timeframe provided and passed through the door, being careful not to touch the man in any way in the process.
Only when he was close beside him, and before moving to one side of the room far from the others, he finally made a clear attempt to meet the man gaze.
*Iggwilv

Posted by *Iggwilv »

The three of them exchange glances. They look suspicious, after a small pause the Librarian again speaks for the group.

"Tell us, who are you? Why do you want to help now."

The old man steels himself and asks what is really on his mind.

"How much do you already know?"
*Krayt

Posted by *Krayt »

For all his Words he knew it to be a gamble. If they had happen to seen his face before nothing could be made credible no matter how much spirit he tapped into his bluff.

He spoke like a youth that finally had found his calling in life with great passion and conviction in every pronounciation in every word.

"Why does a philosopher seek the tune with the same resonance in ideology which his very own soul sing at? A simple answer. For the reality that such a union can bring forth and is destined to break from it's current shell. Minds are united by thought, together we grow while appart we will wither."

"I used to sit in the latest hours alone in my room reading what was forbidden to read. What was feared by the lesser thinkers that only concerns themselves with what they themselves has to gain. They are stagnant and protects a stagnant world thought their complancency hindering the coming of a new brighter dawn. Myself? I dreamt of advancing with the verse. When next opportunity to rise and challange what the disbelievers call impossible to challange I wish to be there with you!"

He clenched his left fist so hard it trembled pausing a moment before he replied to the very direct question as if the moment had overwhelmed him emotinally and was unable to answer such simple questions. Exhaling in what seemed as a attempt to recollect himself he spoke anew.

"I know only what history left behind. Rest pertain to legend oral or in writing."
*Iggwilv

Posted by *Iggwilv »

There is a moments silence, a moment of horrible tension. It could all go wrong here. Everything could be undone. The Librarian smiles. It is not.

"What if it did not stay in the past? What if what you have read could be more than just words on a page? What if it could grow again. Would you like to make that happen?"
*Krayt

Posted by *Krayt »

The warlock smiled a falsely with the librarian. The light of a man who just opened the gate to a dream shone in his face as he uttered those words.

"Together we will make it happen. Evolving continiuosly I believe that this time the outcome will be quite different. And if we won't make it our succesors will. I'd like to see the faces of the cagers twist in disbelief as.." He fell silent as if the thrill of the moment nearly had gotten the better of him and spoke something dangerous.
*Iggwilv

Posted by *Iggwilv »

The three of them exchange glances. As ever it is the librarian who speaks for the group.

"It is not something we can do without risk, we are all watched. But you are not associated with us. It would be easier for you. We need something, and indeed someone, the link between past and future retrieveing."

He hesitates and Mauric, and Rhistel would both notice what he says does not sit well with him he does not seem comfortable asking people to take risks on his behalf, if anything he seems desperate.

"The problem is, is it is in a maze."
*Krayt

Posted by *Krayt »

He looks between the four rappidly with uncertainty flickering in his cyan eyes mixed with fright.

"Still in the maze? What is it? What should I look for?" His mien gave hints of rising courage as he spoke like a youth eager to go despite the dangers.

He had asked Ithzalia to investigate the spot where the rift to the maze had opened and the doomguard had escaped. Was she successful or had she simply neglected it or failed at it? Unknown to him at this point.
*Serena

Posted by *Serena »

Rhistel had remained still for the whole time, occupying one of the angle of the room farthest from the three, facing them while standing behind Mauric.
He wasn't concerned by his invisibility spell vanishing, not yet for now, and kept listening at the exchange, only slightly dubious about how everything seemed to go so smoothly until then.