Anonymous Note

*Iggwilv

Posted by *Iggwilv »

Left on Mauric's desk in The Armoury is a note scrawled in a messy hand.
wrote:
I've found it.  The ultimate weapon.  Meet be five hours past peek, by the statue if Bigby in the Lady's Ward.
*Krayt

Posted by *Krayt »

With his right hand he slitted it open against the razor Sharp plates covering his left arm. Awkwardly placing it on the desk before he could unfold it. Reading it he lifted smirk. So this is what they resort to these days. He tought as he he saw a trick to lure him into a ambush. The assasins of the Temple again perhaps or his favourite black n' tan that had decided on simply killing him. His foes over the years was just to many to remember. But there was a still an good chance that this was a hoax by a more friendly sender wanting to see him in private.

He crumpled the letter in his hand and stormed out to the forge where he knew he could find Azor wroughting metal into murderous devices. Extending the crumpled up paper to him as if it could be used for somethig would the meeting go horribly wrong. "I have a little appointment. I'd you to accompany me while letting the other participants believe I came alone. It is a fine opportunity to hone your deceptive abilities. Surprise can shatter the most elaborate plan into fragments, but it takes cunning to deem when it hurt your foe the most." He paused looking the fallen champion into his eyes. "Go near the Bigy statue and bide your time there I will arrive after you. Make sure you have a clear veiw of it I shall stay seen. If I tap the badge once I want you to prepare to intervene. Twice? Do it at once as speed is of the essense. Thrice? Abandon me and try to rescue me later after gathering more. Four? Join with me. In five hours past peak I will arrive. "

Unless Azor would have any thing further to add Mauric left and betook himself to the location at the appointed time and not a second before it.
*Mander

Posted by *Mander »

The grim faced man wiped sweat from his brow, setting the blade he was working on in the pile next to his forge. "I will be watching closely, ansei." He took up his scimitar and sheathed it, pulled on a cloth cloak, and turned to head out to the statue.
*Iggwilv

Posted by *Iggwilv »

They arrive promptly, at what is for most people the end or the working day, and smart dressed clerks leave offices in The Lady's ward to begin their journey home. The statue of Bigby stands between the park in The Lady's Ward and the up market inn frequented by upper planars called The Golden Bariur. There is only one man beneath the statue, and everyone else seems to be giving him a wide berth. To say he appears out of place would be an understatement.

He wears rags more appropriate to a vagrant in the hive, torn holes in them reveal scabby dirty hairy skin and they only cover as far as his knees. He stands barefoot on the cobbles foaming at the corners of the mouth as he gazes wildly around like a frightened wild animal who snap and attack. His face is covered with a huge black brand denoting The Doomguard Faction symbol.
*Krayt

Posted by *Krayt »

He strode thought the streets with a straight confident bearing. The dimming light reflecting on his black skull shaped breastplate.His long jet black hair swayed only faintly behind him in his stride. His face rigidly poised forward. He did not bother to discern any of the predicted ambushers nor trying to locate Azor, he knew that somewhere at a well chosen vantagepoint he watched and waited.

Greeted by the unsavoury sight he didn't alter his pace, walking towards the unruly figure with unfliching determination. Halting first at a distance that would be considered normal for talking. His face subtlety friendly and inviting he regarded the man. Speaking in a stressless tranquil tone to the brink of being sedactive.

"You wished to speak with me and I came."

He gave the man respite noting the pressure he was under either by his own delirium or possible persecutors. He hadn't discarded his origial thoughts just yet however.

"Your tidings of maximal importance will not go unheeded. We should talk at a more secluded venue where it is safe."
*Mander

Posted by *Mander »

You always make the strangest friends, Mauric. Azor shook his head in the shadow of a nearby alley, wondering what this wildman had in mind.
*Iggwilv

Posted by *Iggwilv »

He doesn't heed the words he just rants and raves.

"We did it! We did it! We did it! We found Lightbringer, but Timlin is gone, and we can't get to it without him it is his maze!"

He only now seems to realize something.

"You're not Doomlord Setch!"
*Krayt

Posted by *Krayt »

He brought his hand to his jaw stroking his well shaved chin with his humb under a pensive mien. The distance between the hand and his badge no longer than two inches. Canting his head slightly without veering with his gaze from the mans eyes. If this was a rouse the act was well arranged he thought, an act he had played himself but being completly dominated by madness as well. To early to say which yet.

"So Timlin is gone you say. If he cannot be retrive alive then perhaps his remains have to do."

As the man squalled he simply lowered his hand somewhat while recoiling with his head.

"Most likely dead by now. You will have to settle with me. If we are to find this lost key to the maze you aught to cooperate with me instead of wasting time lingering on old aligns."
*Iggwilv

Posted by *Iggwilv »

The wild eyed man looks around and then nods his excitement seems undiminished.

"Yes yes we must get to it, but we need to find Timlin. Or what is left of him."
*Krayt

Posted by *Krayt »

The warlock kept his eyes on him with the serenity of a devil.

"Good, good. If you can guide us all the better still. If not to the corpse then close to where you lost contact with him."