Anonymous Note

*Iggwilv

Posted by *Iggwilv »

A few people glance directly at Rhistel and there is a brief moment of shock where he thinks he may have been seen, but their gazes seem to go through him, probably just coincidence.

"The Maze entrance is in The Hive just over the ditch on the wooden beams near the entrnce to undersigil. There is no key but a skilled gatecrasher like Silias here"

He gestures to the elf

"can open it. Inside we hope to find one of our Faction, a Robert Mullcare and something else, the weapon of our once Factol. That is the key to all this."
*Krayt

Posted by *Krayt »

"Not exacly the case of getting in grabbing it and hop out of it again. Finding it will be hard enough and getting out with it even harder."

He looked to the elf and a sliver of sceptiscism broke through his mask of naivety but very briefly.

"Have you open it before? And more importantly have you been into the maze and escaped? How do you plan to navigate though the misleading shadows once we are inside? We need beacons with sufficient magical intensity to withstand the Maze. And this weapon do you have any means to find it once we are close?" He spoke as if he had alredy accepted to undertake this retrieval
*Serena

Posted by *Serena »

He kept listening, his stare fixed on Mauric's back for the whole time. The informations were important but he noticed the looks. Had they seen him? Were they just pretending to not know he was there?

He needed to find out, or at least try, so, with his eyes still on Mauric and an expression of cold resoluteness as he took a small step toward him, he brought a hand behind his back and unsheathed his dagger, having care to make the movement clear for anyone who was able to see him, and waited for any reaction.

Should there be none, either they were great actors, and in that case they needed to worry, or maybe they hadn't seen him, afterall.
But should there be one... well, at least they were going to show their cards. And there were plenty of way he could play his own.
*Iggwilv

Posted by *Iggwilv »

As Rhistel draws the knife no one moves. Perhaps it is just a coincidence. They continue to talk. The elf answering Mauric's question.

"I can get the portal open."

The Librarian continues.

"Once inside that is when the difficulty begins. We'd need someone unlinked to us. Some one resourceful and committed to our cause. Someone like you."
*Krayt

Posted by *Krayt »

Keeping the act up while growing suspicious. Luring him into the maze and leaving him there to die perhaps knowing full well who he was. Smiling as if the answer reassured him.

"Of course how foolish of me to think you'd be some amateur. Didn't mean to offend you by questioning your abilities."

He turned his head back to the librerian the cowl still covering the upper part of his face it's rim just in line with his cyan eyes than broke through as two bleak moonstones in the darkened dial. He spoke with confidence and over-optimism on pair whit what may be expected of a youth burning with elan ideologic fervour.

"I shan't miscredit that trust in me with failure. Such key dwelling within the shadows waiting to unlock our glorious causeway to utopia shall be within my palm. But enough of boastful speech do you have the necessary supplies with you? Should I speed on my way to get them and met up with you?"
*Serena

Posted by *Serena »

Rhistel took notice of the absence of movements or reactions, and even if not fully reassured, he walked past Mauric, dagger still drawn, and moved close to the wall again, this time placing himself almost behind the Growers.
There he stood still, listening as what looked like a plan seemed to unfold.
*Iggwilv

Posted by *Iggwilv »

"We do not need a key as we have a gatecrasher. Once we are inside you would be best served finding Factotum Mullcare first. It is his maze now we believe designed to torment him, and he knows where the sword we are after id."

The Librarian looks at the assembled group. Suddenly they seem urgent.

"We can go now."

((Would like to run this in game. How is Saturday for everyone?
*Krayt

Posted by *Krayt »

"A metaphor for what this object might do to the cause and what the cause will do for the beings living in the verse. A key in a figurative sense unlocking the doors that.." He explained in a somewhat spirit-dampened tone as his speech hadn't hit it's mark but trailed off without finishing.

"So it's a sword we're locking for. What is so important about that?" He asked knowing full well that this had been their aim all along. If not findng the weapon along with it's owner.

((Anytime the coming weekend is fine really.))
*Iggwilv

Posted by *Iggwilv »

The old man nods.

"The blade is the key to our return. And the beginning of growth. Meet us two hours after anti peak by the ditch and you will see the rest."

Unless stopped they make their way out of the room leaving Mauric and Rhistel alone.

((5pm GMT+1 on Saturday?
*Serena

Posted by *Serena »

As the three men leave, Rhistel walks toward Mauric and stops beside him. When the other's steps are a little farther in the alley, he finally speaks, his tone still low despite not being really worried to be heard now.

"I wonder if they should be followed. They seemed quite eager to leave," he states blankly, half relying on the possibility that the other had been aware of his presence the whole time, and half not minding at all to take him by surprise in case he hadn't noticed him.

((Saturday 5pm GMT+1 is fine for me!