A Brief Visit To The Armory

*Serena

Posted by *Serena »

During the last hours of light, one day in the first week of Narciss, Rhistel would show up at the Armory.
He wears no badge of any sort on his ordinary clothes, either not needing to be recognized for his faction or rank by those not knowing him, or just as to state he is in no official visit. He is followed by someone who would appear like a common thug, completely unarmed but carrying with him a heavy bundle wrapped in weary cloth.

Upon finding someone willing to listen to him, he'd inquire whether it was possible to meet with Doomlord Ashtoreth; he won't specify anything else, but will state he can come back at another time if needed.
*Krayt

Posted by *Krayt »

((Just as a note: cannot partake in Ra'zeths Fall form Grace series as a player since I am assisiting as an EM.))

Two burly guardsmen searched the pair half-heartedly before they was led past the great forge and down a winding staircase. They passed several heavy gates and narrow tunnels. They might notice that each section is rife with defence mechanisms and death traps. It was a fortress. Arriving at a dank and dark cell Rhistel saw a unaturally pale man sitting behind a desk at the far end of it. Slumping over a large sheet of paper Writing. As they stepped in he straithened his posture letting the quill fall putting his right hand on the armrest palm down gripping it at the end which was scupted as a demonic skull. He thrummed it rythmically. The stale humid air reeked of brimstone, smoke, blood and had a metallic stingyness of rust. Two braziers dangled from a long chain at each side of iron door they have just entered through. The man beckoned them closer and spoke in a pleasant but there was something foreboding in the tuneful sweetness.

"Welcome. I have been looking for you since rumours seeped from your establsiment. Far more intriguing than the all too familiar refrain of the showering of bitter bile Ra'zeth bespew you with. Albeit that is not the reason for your visit methinks."
*Serena

Posted by *Serena »

((Don't worry, that's totally fine! It is just a small thing, barely related :nod:

Even if expecting to be searched and clearly not interested in opposing any resistance, Rhistel uneasiness for the whole process, as for having to step through the antimagic barrier, was hard to miss.
Still, even without being asked, he consigned the two weapons he was carrying under his cloak: a long sword he kept on his side, whose freezing powers seemed to breach trough the scabbard, and a small, horrid looking dagger he had secured at his belt behind his back.
He then followed the two guards in perfect silence, eyeing from time to time at his surroundings: he never entered the Armory before, but if the place troubled him he didn't show, hiding his paranoid tendencies behind his usual stern and slightly disinterested expression as he walked quietly.

When they finally arrived in the cell he took a moment to study the man behind the desk, then he stepped forward as the other had asked, and bowed his head slightly at him, eye contact still maintained in the gesture.
The first and only real encounter the two have had went back to several months before, during the events regarding the sentient golem who bashed his way through the Cage. At that time, of course, Rhistel had no idea who the man was; also, he himself had changed quite a bit in the meantime, looking now not only wearier, but even some years older despite not having passed enough time to justify such a thing.

At the man's words he let out a slight sigh.

"I expect him to have been as... colourful as his language allows him to be, while speaking of my person," he replied quietly as he crossed his arm on the chest with a slow movement, "but yes, as you mentioned, my actual... position isn't the reason I came here disturbing you. Although the subject doesn't bother me as much as one may believe."
He made a little pause before continuing, his senses just now acquainted with the heavy smells filling the room, "I'm here for what I consider an even more peculiar reason. And mostly for this, I feel the need to specify it is on someone else's behalf I came."
*Krayt

Posted by *Krayt »

"Quite. I believe you heard them yourself at one point more recent than distant. He also made it quite clear that our former alliance to have disintergrated into naught just prior to the trial. But that is alredy known to you."

"A favour then. The perculiarity of you Takers is indeed a mark shared throughout the ranks of your factioneers and I trust this to be no diffrent. Should you not consider aid given freely a taboo? Or is it that the gift but a investment in hopes of later rewards? Be such the case my interest lay with my own share."

The warlock paused briefly lowering his head making strands of his long black hair fall infront of his face. A droplet fell from his forehead sweat or water building up from too long a stay? It was hard to tell.

"So whom is the receiptor of this.. expected produce of your selfless errand if ask I may?" There was both humour and sceptisism in his tone.
*Serena

Posted by *Serena »

He smiled faintly at the man's words, clearly not minding his subtle insinuations nor his tone, then, taking a gloved hand to his temple he massaged at it absentmindedly, gaze wandering for a moment on the stone floor; when he spoke again it was clear he had no intention to indulge the other with information about his own motives or gain.

"I'm afraid I will need to disappoint you," he replied with the same quiet tone as before, "as I have no full knowledge about your agreements with my... former Factor.
But considering it was him who... kindly asked me to reach for you, I am under the impression I may soon receive some sort of answers to that, one way or another..."
*Krayt

Posted by *Krayt »

The warlock whipped his head up and there was a glimmering in his eyes and a flashing grin in a fast motion forward as a predetor lunging at its prey placing his forearm on the desk before him.

"Uncommon for a enemy to do ones errands. Let alone ask a foe for a favour. Especially with something easily done by oneself. Do not make the mistake of playing me for a common wittless fool. If someone would be asked to do this the drowess actor of the madness role would stand here and not yourself." He spoke agressivly and accusing.

He sunk back in his seat from his foward leaning position.

"What can I do for you and what do I stand to receive for myself and mine? I am to prepare myself for yet another dissapointment?" His tone turned playful as he uttered this.
*Serena

Posted by *Serena »

His fingers gripped unconsciously at his arm at the man sudden reaction, pupils disappearing in the midst of his grey iris for a brief moment.
He then exhaled slowly, and when he spoke again his tone was even quieter than before.

"I myself, have no interest or reasons to feed you lies or insults. You may ask questions, should you feel the need, but in the meantime, I'll let you decide by yourself the truthfulness of my words.
And whether it will be a disappointment or not, it will probably not depend on me"

With those last words he made a small gesture to the man following him, who stepped forward and finally placed the heavy bundle on the floor, muffled noise of metal coming from inside the cloth wrapping everything.

"Ra'zeth asked me to have those reach you. By the way he spoke, I had the impression you two may have already an agreement on this kind of... services... but of course I may have misjudged his mental state at the moment of the request. He is detained at the Gatehouse for a reason, afterall..." he added, vague irony twisting his otherwise plain tone.

The other man had started undoing the cloth in the meantime, and soon on the floor lay visible what were undoubtedly Ra'zeth suit of armour and weapon.
By their current state and the amount of damages visible, it was obvious that whoever had been wearing and using those could be severely injured, if not even dead.

"And this is where it gets interesting, in my opinion..." he murmured almost to himself as he stared at the mauled equipment, "because what he wanted to ask you was... to have those fixed."
*Krayt

Posted by *Krayt »

The sickly pale man drew his fingers though his long hair combing the loose strays infront of his face backward as he tilted his head.

"As I thought. Calm and reasonable. But no answers to the questions rised. Secrecy will not avail you. So much to gain from one another and all there is to be is this.. such a pittyful waste. But in the end all things and beings is. Let the fruits of the future wither and rot or better yet never come into existence at all."

Mauric rised from his seat his prothese making low clinking tunes as it rocked against his breastplate in his stride towards the Taker.

"I find myself at a disadvantage answering questions whereas my own are met with elusiveness and unrelated truths." It would be clear to Rhistel that the man was under a lot of presure. It remained unclear if those Words were truely for the Taker or a reminder to himself of past events. Far more than his own visit alone could have conjured. As the Gatehouse was mentioned the warlock fell silent and halted in his step momentarily before he continued. His own grip on sanity hinged on a lose thread from what it seemed.

"You finally manage to break him? A commendable deed. If done by yourself that is. The snares leading up to it must have been.. most intriguing."

He stopped just a swordsarms lenght out of reach. Rhistel would take notice of the overly prudent steps of caution being of a praranoid nature himself. He inspected the torn armour and the shattered massive greataxe prodding the pieces with his left foot.

"Fixing you say.. let us all become devotees to mending the impaired instead of.. They are undubiously his. I have only seen him met his match once before. This was done by a Hezrou by any chance?"
*Serena

Posted by *Serena »

He watched at the man as he stood up and approached, studying his movements and demeanour just as carefully as he listened at his words, gaze following him until he finally was beside the crumpled metal on the floor.

Then he spoke again, and this time his tone had just grown lower, almost thoughtful.

"The dynamics I have worked to build between me and Ra'zeth had their purposes.... and while throwing in confusion our... allies was not one of those, I will admit it has been an useful collateral damage.
As I have said, you can ask questions, and by that I mean I will also give you answers.
But the only things I have received since I am in this room have been veiled accusations... And to those I could have only answered with justifications, which is something I am not interested in doing."

He paused another moment, then continued with a slight sigh. "And to prove you I am willing to build a conversation on a fair ground, I will start by telling you this: I have no use for a broken Ra'zeth. Not as an ally, and even less as a foe. I have seen his broken side, and is something I have no interest in dealing with.
Should I ever have anything to do with a demise of his, I'd make sure he ended up in the Mortuary," he concluded plainly, "not in the Gatehouse."

He then moved his gaze lazily on the floor, bringing his attention on the broken armour at the Doomlord's feet.

"No, no demons involved. Apparently, a horde of... engines of destruction, as I believe you would call them," he added shrugging lightly. "You may even have heard about the happening, I think something like that hardly goes unnoticed..."
*Krayt

Posted by *Krayt »

The hostile tone continued throughout the conversation. Rhistel would sense there was far more than these matters that bothered the man.

"It is simply that I believe no man to come here without a purpose of his own. And as you stated Ra'zeth has little value to you in his current state, do you have a use of him as he were before? What are your own interest in this? Nothing more than fulfilling a errand?"

He flipped the edge and blade of the greataxe over with a bitter expression wrinkling his nose in disgust.

"I still have your Taker propagada fresh in mind. Albeit I hardly believe you to be the orchistrator of that S.I.G.I.S article. It was a not a pleasing read. I am afraid it has made an lasting crack in your factions credability at least to myself and those here involved in that affair. I will be mindful not to have that become a reoccurance any time soon." He spoke with intensifed spite. "And seeing how your Factol choose to react by sacrifising a loyal factioneer do tarnish your repute even further. Takers of all and givers of nought. Who has use for such a ally? Would any sane man place any hope of a returned favour to those of that mindset?"

He looked up and turned his gaze at Rhistel. His tone changed at this point to a more emotionless matter-of-fact tonefall. He breathed slightly irregular, heavier than normal and it seemed forced.

"But enough uselessness. I trust the owners of these engines has been found?It should not be overly hard to find them. Say what you will of our friend but he is a force of ruin whether he admits it or not. He will have his tools delivered to him when ready. They hold him in the high security cells or is he free to receive visitors?"