Of The Black Brood

*Krayt

Posted by *Krayt »

Long it had been since he walked the streets of the clamourous bazaar. The haggling merchants and peddlers seemed as grey ghosts trapped in a repeating cycle of the same actions. Heavy rainfall soon began and quenced most of the chatter in its intense pattering. There was one voice breaking through however.

"The mask is the same. Are the man behind it still the same?" Said the raspy voice.

Halting in the midst of a pool of brownish slush he fixed his gaze on a rather well grown dwarf. Wearing a weatherworn cowl water dripping from the rim. He did not recognise him at first.

"Mayhap underneath their masks all men are the same." Mauric replied.

"The covenant. I am prepared to accept your offering." Said the dwarf.

"Would you be as kind as to remind me of it?"

"When we last met you offered me to join you in return for a lair and the protection of your faction."

First now he remembered their first encounter in the abyssal storm. A druid reclaiming his draconic heritage. Or was he obsessed with becoming a dragon? it was hard to tell.

"I recall it now. Come let us seal this pact at the bastion of doom."

The pair retreated to the Armoury. Itzalia soon joined them. And unknown to the others Eloe had ascended a support beam higher above them watching. The in comparison small figure revealed his other form that were consideratly more impressive to be hold. A black dragon. Its burning green eyes shining as lanterns in the smokefilled forge. A token of lost pride the creature offered a scale. It was by Itzalias hands hammered, moulded infused with metal, spell and last with entropic eneriges before it was replaced whence it had been taken. To corrode it firmly together and sealing the agreement a cloud of acid engulfed them making Eloe fall from her vantage point. It took a serious persuading effort but he eventually parted with his hoard. The rest of the initiation rituals had to be done at a later time. The Warlock and eloe led the large being through the tunnels below the Armoury extending into Undersigil where a suitable cavern were found.