To Twist Both Metal And Flesh...

*Krayt

Posted by *Krayt »

"We had visons of this place. Is it true that a powerful being known as a Obyrith was destroyed here? Or is the history of the crystals forgotten even by your venerable age? Or did these crystals form here long before that? Tell us the history of your people and place reveared one and we shall listen."

Considering how close this was to the astral plane time could be very deciving here. The elder they had met befroe wasn't half as old as this one and she could be thousands of years. Perhaps the being itself playing a trick with them in this form he mused.

Holding the hand he had put on the stones for a moment still as the elder touched it as well but only a short moment. He retreated a few steps yielding the foremost position to the crystals to the elder holding his one hand in a plate segment on his breastplate. Of course minding Azors position to take precautions would the elder turn hostile.
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

The Elder turns towards the crystal formation, looks up at it, running his hand over the surface again in an almost gentle way.

"It was found by one of the old demons... and I believe this entity wanted to use this to hide, to escape the wrath of the former servants. It is still in there somewere but while entering the crystal is easy, escaping it again is very hard. Only during certain times a soul can roam free and even while doing so it is still bound to the crystal and will return to it later.

Also there is..." He sighs, turns to face the Doomguards again. ".. something else. The souls in this crystals lose their identity, they merge with each other to form something else, a bigger, stronger soul made up of many shards.

The demon is in there, the souls of my ancestors... and some of the beings that hunted this demon as well. But none of them can escape this prison for long, all are losing ther memories and identities slowly."
*Krayt

Posted by *Krayt »

"And so they merge with the demon since it is the strongest soul the new entity will be dominated by it. The demon itself hopes to gather enough strenght to be reborn from this nursing chamber. Are your thoughts as mine revered one?"

A paradoxical state no doubt. If harnessed at the proper time a soul of all quailities they had seen could be reaped from it. But how was it made into the metal they had seen? He thought as he gazed into the crystal over the elder.

"Is these crystals the only phenemenon of this being or is there other sites that connects to this one?"
*Mander

Posted by *Mander »

Azor looked at the old man with genuine sympathy. "The story is a familiar one to me, o grandfather. The Gray of Athas traps the spirits of my people even as this abomination holds your own." The warlock would recognize the look on his champion's face, locking into place when he had decided something must be done away with. The athasian turned to scowl at the crystal as Mauric asked his questions.
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

The man listens to both, taps the crystal with the stick of his shovel, perhaps uncomfortable to touch it himself too often.

"For the demon I do care not, but my people I want to see freed. Yet it grows stronger, the crystal's influence is spreading and something from outside this sphere is starting to watch us- look at us hungrily.

We are trapped between the thing inside the crystal and whatever wants to devour us outside this plane.

And yes, there were one man, from outside, who came to visit us like you do.

He was interested in what this crystal is, in what the souls can do but he offered no immediate help or solution, he merely promised to keep working on freeing us. Lost brothers and sisters we were called by him but he left a year ago and has not yet returned.

He talked about conductors and power, of conflicting energies and ideals, but nothing made sense to us."

He then turns to the Athasian, compassion in his eyes. "I see others share a similar fate. Perhaps one day a way will be found to free both of our people."
*Krayt

Posted by *Krayt »

So those that hunted it now stands to devour the plane. But how? Had the rituals been enough? Or was the sheer power of the abyssal lords strong enough to pull this plane to them? He pondered knowing that such chaoitc forces could not truely be udnerstood and repeated in the exact same manner as his ambition had always been craving to learn.

He watched passivly. Letting the Athasian speak first before he spoke anew this time. Knowing that gimace all too well to know what was wrought inside his mind. Azor was not one to share his inner hopes of a life that now must seem very distant. But the warlock had assumed from the first time he had mention the Grey that he wished to shatter it. He would let them speak uninterrupted.

"Did he leave any belongings here? Or perhaps words left some clues as to were he might have journeyed afterwards?"

"The souls will not roam away as they were by simply destroying that crystal. They are forever twisted and enslaved. The end is the only freedom they could possibly know again. That is something we can offer. Your ancestors will know the peace they deserve." He said in a benign tone.
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

"He left for the planes again, told us that he will go the the upper planes next, looking for some master smith on the Plane of Lunia. For what purpose I cannot say.... but he took one of us as his assistance during his stay here. I can show you to his records."

The man then looks back at the crystal formation and there is a hint of pain in his eyes. "Put them to rest then. They suffered long enough. However I do not know how to repay you for this service."
*Mander

Posted by *Mander »

"Such as this is my sworn task; it is owed to you and your tribe." Azor had been looking for any cracks or structural weakness in the crystal, pondering which few options to choose from. In his bag of holding he had brought along ten shrapnel bombs of his own make; packed together into one explosive they could cause a good deal of structural damage. Whatever powerful magic was obviously within the cursed gem made him doubt this choice.

The second was his sword, an Entropic Blade. It's destructive energy, he thought, may have a chance to chip away at the outer shell....may. "Ansei, how would one go about unmaking such a thing?" He asked, wondering if the warlock knew a better course.
*Krayt

Posted by *Krayt »

The helmet scraped against the bevor of his breastplate as he turned his head to veiw the entropic blade.

"The interior must be destroyed before the outer shell. One day we shall return with with a device that feed on souls. They will join with the rapture of entropy as their essence is consumed. Freedom at last from this hellish existance. On that day the blade will be broken. Time will pass yet what does a few years passage mean to a soul longing for true release and not a prison exchanged for yet another prison. They crave the last of ends not a new begining."

His gauntled hand clasped the elder's shoulder. Allowing him to reflect on what was said Before he spoke again.

"Sometimes to strike true one must stay the hand for the moment. Wait here for the end, care for them a while longer and know the end is nigh. Give us the records and we will depart and leave only the the oath of our champion."

Of course he was more concern with feeding the Ship of Chaos once they had it and unlike Azor none of his concern was genuine yet that didn't made make his words untrue. And Azor's promise wouldn't be abandoned if they were still alive.
*Krayt

Posted by *Krayt »

He released his clasp on the mans shoulder. "Hurry we should then.Lead us to where we must go." Turning his back on them both. Knowing Azor would only leave reluctantly with such a structure infront of him. Canting his head slightly as he lifted his gaze skyward.

"I will give no orders. This is your choice and your vow Azor. My belief are that freeing them now is to hand them to the demons howling at the door of this plane. If we manage to return with the Ship we can offer them a chance to avenge themselves on this verse that tortured them as they disperse into nothingness is that not what you would have favoured were you entrapped in that prism? Besides a greater soul like the one entrapped in this would be a devastational source of power. There is of course the risk that we either fail to return or this plane fail itself and collapse before we are able to return. Either way entropy will be served." His metallic chimning voice was heard behind them. Calm and calculating.

He had been obsessed with the Ship of Chaos as long as Azor had known him and at this point there was no guaranties that they would ever retrive it.

He did not turn his head as if frozen he awaited the champion's decision knowing the wake would not last long whatever he choosed.