To Twist Both Metal And Flesh...

*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

Azor would see plenty of cracks that could be used- if he were to climb up a bit there is even one big enough to allow something to be pushed inside the crystal formation.

The entropic blade... now it is rather hard to say what effect it would have on this crystals.

However the man listens to both of them- his own knowlede limited of course, he has no idea what can be done and what not.

"With each passing year, even with each passing day someone of us here might die and join them in their prison, in their torment. I do know nothing of magic, of souls and what this crystal really is... but please hurry. This shall end soon."
*Mander

Posted by *Mander »

///Sorry for the late reply Seleb

Mauric was right. He hated it. Azor was a man of unrelenting focus, setting himself to a task with a tenacity many would call insane. Here before him was The Gray in another form, and he had no choice but to leave it be for now. He would not free the souls of men and women only to have them devoured by demonic filth...They deserved peace from the horrors of the planes.

"We will return to see this righted." He slit his hand on one of the sharp edges of his plate armor, letting blood drip down onto the ground near the artifact before turning to follow after Mauric.
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

(( No worries. :) ))

The ground drinks the blood hungrily and the old man seems not to notice what Azor did, instead listening to both men.

Perhaps he does not like what he hears but the man is desperate and numb, knowing he will face a terrible fate, willing to try everything to escape it and to free his people.

"You will return? Free them? Oblivion... I prefer it to being a fiend's plaything. Of there is anything I can do, any way I can help please let me know.
*Krayt

Posted by *Krayt »

He could phantom it the dervish daughter and wife being devoured by fiends, he could sense the champion reliving it and again he was powerless but that was the source of his unrivaled martial strenght and this ordeal will only enstrenghted the conviction.

"A black sun will rise to harbring the end. Salvation awaits, a shattered sky shall be the herald. You shall know that it is us. Gather your people here at the day of broken torments. Until that day of doom you must be strong and vigilant to keep faith in the end of ends. Resist and know that. Speak to them and remind them of the vow of one like you and gave his blood as proof." He spoke as this was the absolute truth and there could be nothing else. Like a prophet certain of his vison.

"We should make haste and return to our hunt so that we may return. Let us with speed see these records."
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

"Thank you. We will await yor return."

He leads them to the main building again, doen to the cellar where in a dusty corner he opens a chest.

Inside is a simple notebook, worn, dirty, some pages torn- showing the watermark of the Fraternity of Law.

"Here... this is what I have."

Skimming the books content shows that the former owner watched and studied the crystal, interested in its soul storing abilities.

It seems he then travelled to the outlands to find some Mage and Master Crafter of Boccob... who is said to have great knowledge about combining negative and positive energy. A name is given as well- a settlement called Edland.

*Krayt

Posted by *Krayt »

His gauntled hand enclosed around the book. His one hand holding it with the back horisontally he let the pages drop one by one to join with the cover by adjust his thumb. Canting his head as he skimmed, reading the important passages more prudently. The lower half dangled like a trapdoor on a hinge hanging freely in a strong wind.

"So we have the law weavers involved in this matter.Seems we have a stop on our path to the assumed destination of the positive plane. Have you heard of this Edland before?"

He gave the book a yank and catched its back snapping it closed spreading a fine dust cloud. Slinking it into one of his larger satchels.

Before preparing a gate spell to take them to the outlands he spoke.

"A black sun shall descend a shattered sky. We shall return."
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

They might have heard rumours of this town- a small settlement in the outlands which is mostly known by being a centre of learning and crafting. But as it is small and remote, with almost no trade caravans going to it informations about it are few.

*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

((BTW guys! If possible I would like to do this last part in game. Would give new Doomguard players something to do as well- you guys have trhe opportunity to assault/infiltrate a village.

Thoughts?))
*Krayt

Posted by *Krayt »

((If we move this up to current timeline Azor is bound in the Ship. I'm fine with it, up to you Mander. Mauric would opt for a assault though.))
*Mander

Posted by *Mander »

///This next part could take place after the Ship of Chaos event, with Mauric bringing Qorxicotl along. That way we could have it in-game with the newer members, as I deleted Azor after he became an NPC as the ship.