To Twist Both Metal And Flesh...

*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

"Oh it is not the Obyrith that is to be freed... its prophecy was made in the moment it faded away. The Smiling Defiler it spoke of I know nothing about... I was not able to find much about this creature- only that title. I also believe it is something that Obyrith fought against- perhaps the even the cause for its later demise.

I met a few of ths old race... I studied them for long and it was during those studies that I became aware of the matter we are now all involved in."

She changes her shape as they walk, taking the appearance of a human female, still clad in leather armour, still wearing her tools and knives.

Azor will find the lands rich, the crops plentiful- it is like a vision of paradise and the Doomguards and the fiend are greeted by two men in ringmail, shields on their back, swords sheated.

They are prepared but not hostile and they hail the travellers in common but with a heavy, ancient accent.

"Greetings strangers! It is rare that we have visitors here....what is the reason for your visit?"
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

"I do not know. It could be that the creature was earased, perhaps it went into deeep hiding. I was not able to follow its trail... nor do I know the layer where the Defiler is held.

But I think those fifteen found out.... but now only three of them are remaning and their numbers are dwindling...." her voice is trailing off as Mauric adresses the two guards and she is content to stand back and watch.

"A... a what?" the first guard asks back then the secomd speaks, the man's red curls spillong from his helmet over his shoulders.

"I told you something is still inside those. The lights, the whispers.... we do not imagine those things!"

The first glances at his companion but adresses the three travellers again. "What do you know about the Shards? What is inside them? How dangerous is it?"

*Krayt

Posted by *Krayt »

So she knew about the rumoured third escapee held in our own sanctum. Perhaps we're winning her over to our side. We only need to keep her leaning in that direction. He mused to himself as they walked.

He lowered his hand. Speaking with a foreboding tone.
"It was a vison of great promise and another of immenent doom. It seeks to become whole again after being forced apart locked within those shards. Unless the caged entity is removed from this plane it will consume you. Have you not felt the drainage that comes with the whispers of madness? How it slowly feeds on your lifeforce? I felt it although far across the planes. Assist us after we have investigate it and you shall be free of it forerver."

Telling the opposit of the likely truth of the beings being forced together was no doubt to amuse the Liltu knowing she would only follow them as long as she took pleasure in it as well as saw it rewarding.
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

The first guard frowns, his companion giving him one of those 'I knew it!' looks.

"We should talk to the Elders."

Soon the group is led into the settlement- the whole population trusting and rather open towards them, greeting the travellers with polite curiosity.

However the doomguards will also see that they are far from helpless and whatever weapon or armours they see is of above avarage quality, some pieces even enchanted.

They are led up a small hill, not far away from where the first crystals sprout from the ground and on top they find the only building made completely of stone- a bit stronger than a house but not yet a real keep.
Behind it, towards the crystals, is the settlement's lichyard, grave beside grave and Azor and Mauric can guess that this building perhaps also serves as a temple.

There is a quick exchange between the guards there and the men who lead the group and then they are greeted by a middle aged woman.

She wears sturdy, useful clothing, her hands hard from work, her skin leathery from years spent outside.

"I am Julinda and I welcome you to our little comunity. You know something about the crystal mountain?"

*Krayt

Posted by *Krayt »

He greeted her in the same fashion as they were greeted. Adopting to foreign cultures came easy to him.

Dipping his head in a affirmative nod. Afterwards he took a soulprism from a side bag in his bauldric. He tried to mimic the light in the crystal by infusing faint eldricht energies into it.

"A vision came to us and thus we came to you. Do you know what this is?" He offered the soulshard to the woman.

"it is bound, caged against its will. the being within the shards are strong enough to reach across the planes. It must have called others as it has called us here. If not removed reavers and plunderers will swarm this plane in search of riches they are the ghouls of the planes like scavangers they will lay waste to all you have built. Your men murdered your daughters raped under a drunkards stupor and maddened laughter. I have foreseen it in my vison. It is shattered it yearns dolefully to become whole again as it was in the dawn of ages. It has whispered to you through dreams has it not?"
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

She is listening and seems worried- something sinister might be going on, something only few on this community might know.

Of course she is not one who trusts too easily- too many years she has seen, too many conflicts she has survived.

"Do you have more proof? Do you know what is in there?" She gestures behind her, into the general direction of the crystals.

*Krayt

Posted by *Krayt »

Faintly he shooked his steel bevieled visage. "A vison was given. Proof we must take ourselves. It can only be found by an investigation of the shards themselves. Let us research them together."

"We burn as specks beside this entity blazing as a sun. It is not a light that warms but scorches."

To glean any secrets out of this woman would be hopless in theri current position he concluded. They would have to be patient for now.
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

"Then stay as our guests." she decides and claps her hands, two serving girls approching the group.

"You are invited to sleep here in the main hall, it is the safest and warmest place we have to offer. When it gets dark it geets very cold and it is then when the voices come."
*Krayt

Posted by *Krayt »

"We will stay. We will listen if it chooses to speak on this night." He walked over to one of the corners wrapping his cloak of skin around him as he laid down with his head close to the meeting walls. Azor would know that he couldn't sleep in a open spot like that without at least finding some shelter. Inviting the morphed demoness to take the spot beside him.
*Mander

Posted by *Mander »

Azor would find a spot further away from the two to stand watch, foregoing any sleep as well. He scanned the darkened settlement through the night, looking back to watch the demon next to Mauric suspiciously every so often.

Eventually he closed his eyes, feeling out with his psionics to check for any abberant thoughts or signs.