The fair skinned chessman

Slayer of Love

Posted by Slayer of Love »

Spragg runs up the armory's stairs. It is an unusual sight. Rarely does he leave the place where he pours Entropy into his weapons. He appears unnaturally agitated. He tells his story with erratic concern and insistence to the Doomguards he runs into.
Pitch black, like sky of a burned out sun's long extinct crystal sphere. A faintest ray of reflection gets lost in this eternal darkness. Each tiniest point no different than the whole, a bottomless well of oblivion infinite. The utter silence was a dead anthem commemorating this ultimate realisation of Entropy. Just hanging one's gaze on it a while drowned me in the untold immensity of its nothighness.

It is but a piece of paper. A black sheet. Yet something of it is overwhelmingly mesmerising. The moment she held it out before me, I could feel, I could tell! It carried a mystical significance beyond the grasp of most daring speculations my mind is capable of producing.

A dim purple light, of origin surely no other than darkly sorcerous, illuminated sharp outline of a circle. An intricate net of caligraphed lines formed together a twisted serpentine in the shape of a nine-edged star so hideous I lost the grasp of my breath. Yet even then my eyes could not bear to look away for a moment whether I wanted it or not. Like beast is to scent, they were drawn to trail the exquisite scriptures. The nine seals looked at me as I was looking at them.

Duke of the First, Lord of Militarism.
Duke of the Second, Lord of Paranoia.
Duke of the Third, Lord of False Hope.
Duchess of the Fourth, Lady of Incest.
Duke of the Fifth, Lord of Fossilization.
Duchess of the Sixth, Lady of Nepotism.
Duke of the Seventh, Lord of Waste.
Duke of the Eight, Lord of Megalomania.
Duke of the Ninth, Lord of Lust.

Each vowel of the language that to my surprise my lips spoke for me without remote prior understanding of, was so blasphemous as though it were on its own a profanation roaring wrathfully from the farthest of perditions.

Archdukes of Hells, these were the sigils of their courts. I could never tell what they looked like before, Hells tell - I wouldn't name the half of them, yet I recognised each one immediately. It was as though this dread knowledge had possessed the deepest corner of my soul, long before it was even fated to be conceived unto existence. At this realisation, deep inside I heard it, the very essence of my being, howling horribly a scream of dismay. But my mouth would not utter a single word, nor so much as a grunt, my chest not steal nor release a shortest breath no matter how much I needed it.

Jolted by these revelations I found myself staring like frozen in the eerie glow of her eyes. I know they saw what I saw. I know they were where I was. They must have! I snapped out of it only when I heard her powerful voice demanding "I am the Messenger, now get me somebody in charge!"

Please. You must see the messenger.
mimifearthegn
Site Admin

Posted by mimifearthegn »

"Is that all. . . ?" Doomlady Athena raised an eyebrow, unimpressed with Spragg's apparent panic.

"Really, man, have you never seen a devil before? But of course, we must see what she wants. . ."

//Since we don't seem to have any PCs interested in the Doomguard right now, maybe we can do some quick Discord negotiations? Let me know what's convenient.