Glimucan the Whipstitch

riptidereflections

Posted by riptidereflections »

Glimucan strolls into the armory badly whistling a chipper tune, with a staff resting over his shoulder and a tied-up blood-stained piece of burlap dangling from its end behind him, the palpable stench of rotting flesh in his wake, seeming in quite a good mood even if he looks a bit like blek today, slight outline of bulging veins visible on his temples, even if there is no variation in the obsidian hue of the flesh there. He approaches one of the weaponsmiths in the foyer, and with a sinister gleam in his eye and a grinful of perfect razorsharp snow-white teeth, he says,

Lady's blek to you, sir sinker smith. I'm here to join the Doomguard. Here is my application.

And he flips the staff over his shoulder, bites a piece of burlap to untie it, and spills hundreds of severed eyeballs, fingers, hands, bones, and miles of entrails all over the Smith's workspace.
riptidereflections

"Whoopsie," Glim says. "You got some gore on you, here, let me get that." And as the faerie wipes a bit of optic nerve tissue from the sinker's chest, he also snatches his faction badge. ((Sleight of Hand 55))

Then he steps back from the smith smiling, and tossing the badge in the air and catching it, and holding it up so the smith can see. He waves it around like a child with a toy. "So tell you what. If you can get this back from me, I'll clean up this mess. Otherwise, you get to be the janitor, and I get to be a sinker."
Taurus Daggerknight

Posted by Taurus Daggerknight »

The smith looks decidedly unimpressed at the Fey, neither intimidated nor particularly flabbergasted, even when his badge is held before him.

When Glimucan is finished speaking, he simply sighs. "You know what the benefit of being me in this Armory is, berk?" He says, as he flicks a bit of gore off his shoulder.

As he does so, an armored hand slams over each of Glimucan's shoulders, each from a different guard. They grip him fiercely, before forcing him down to the ground.

"I have them to make -you- clean up this mess. Which you will do, after you tell me why you are actually here."
I just want to kill monsters and get prizes for it. Is that REALLY so much to ask for?
riptidereflections

Glim tries to jerk away, but quickly realizing he is not getting out of this, he laughs. "If you are not accepting my application, then I guess I am here to clean up all this blek? Pretty sneaky for heavy armor," he remarks to the guards holding him down, a little impressed. He doesn't seem too surprised or uncomfortable.
Taurus Daggerknight

The smith looks over the bloody mess around him. "Your application?" He says. "You slice and diced some berks from only Powers know or care where, and think this admits you to the ranks of one of the single greatest forges of the multiverse, much less the number of the heralds of Entropy?"

He looks down at Glimucan with a condescending expression, before moving forward and swiping his badge back. "You think a demonstration of what a rabid dog you are is enough to show your embrace for the only truth, to -know- the doom of all things?"
I just want to kill monsters and get prizes for it. Is that REALLY so much to ask for?
riptidereflections

The Faerie does not look too impressed by what the Sinker is saying. He sneers. "It so happens that I am entropy. I am literally the personification of a destructive avalanche. I do not give a juicy blek about the grandiosity of the faction or its traditions, and I am not going to be staring at walls and watching the paint peel. It is all coming down, and I am going to lend a hand as an official sinker if you will take me or on my own oddy-knocky if you won't, because it is my nature. If you can't see that I have a lot to bring to the table, go ahead and do your worst to me. I came here prepared for the dead book or worse. But I did think you'd be impressed. Maybe you only take boot licking cautious respectful cowards?"
Taurus Daggerknight

The defiant response seems to get some small amount of amusement out of the Doomguard.

"Oh, that is quite the claim. You think you are destruction itself, and prove it by this meager display more fitting of a Xaos? Really. It is almost quaint."

"I'll tell you what, berk. Since I find your manner so amusing, I'll let your foolishness slide just today, and allow you to walk out that door since you care so little for our ways. If, however, you are serious and intent to prove your worth, I have for you four tasks." He looks around again. "Normally it would just be three, but you've gone ahead and added one more to the list."

He peers down at Glumican, the guards still holding him in place. "So. What will it be, Mr....?"
riptidereflections

I am called Glimucan. You can offer me some tasks, we will see if I like them. Even your ways will break down and fall apart someday. And mine too. Some meaningful tasks though is what I was hoping for. You can only dismember so many young lovers or children before you have sort of just seen it all." *He flashes what he hopes is a charming grin of perfect snow white teeth*
Taurus Daggerknight

The smith once more glances at a limb, again taking on that unimpressed expression. "They would have died anyway. You expedited the process, a feat that even a small child could accomplish."

He waves for the guards to unhand him.

"Your first task is to- "

At that moment , a duo of Harmonium officers enter the chamber. Their presence seems to elicit an irritated look from the Smith, one he hadn't even employed on the mischievous fey.

"Yes? Can I help you officers?"

The duo stop, and take in the sight before them. They each scowl in turn, before addressing the Doomguard.

"One of your number reported a murder, and that- "

"You are mistaken. There is no murder to report." The smith interrupts.

"- and that several missing persons bodies have been brought- "

"We know nothing of any missing persons." He interrupts again.

There is a long moment of awkward silence, as the Harmonium stare at the gore pile, and then back at the smith.

After a moment, he simply says "Enchanting reagents."

They look unconvinced, and immediately turn their attention to the Fey. "We were told that a man of your description brought these here. Who the sods are you?"

"Delivery boy. Pay him no heed. Now! Unless you are here to buy something, or unless you have a warrant granting you permission to barge in here uninvited, I suggest you two depart the premises this instant." The smith says firmly.
riptidereflections

Glimucan springs to his feet, dusts himself off, and sings a cheerful murder ballad that sort of reverberates disturbingly in the entry chamber. He is not a particularly great singer and the song is a bit out of tune. He seems in quite a good mood, but he's not particularly effective as a janitor. He just starts picking up gorey parts and sticking them in this pocket or that, into his magic bags. Sometimes, if it seems like no one is looking, he just chucks an eyeball or a finger into someplace where they might not see it. Sometimes, he pops an eyeball in his mouth. He takes his sweet time, and occasionally pauses when he picks up a particular body part and recalls the being to whom it used to belong.* "Ooooh, I remember you, little kender. Heh, heh, heh." Despite taking his time and sort of sucking at cleaning, he did come prepared, and when all the parts are picked up and it's just a bloody mess on the floor, he gets a big rectangular sponge out of one of his bags. It is not rung out very well though, and it drips blood on the floor. "How do you feel about these bloodstains? They look sort of nice, I think, but you know, I could sponge on them a bit if you want to see me on my hands and knees."
Last edited by riptidereflections on Mon May 17, 2021 3:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.